The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

brb1006

Am I the only one who thinks these statues are cheesy as hell and not fitting with a 50th celebration for the Magic Kingdom? We aren’t celebrating 50 years of Disney characters.
Then again since the 50th might run for 2/3 and a half years (forgot the months). Maybe it's to honor Disney's 100th Anniversary

Giss Neric

They hype even the most minute of details...like pavers and Terrazzo
vakgze.jpg

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Tacky lawn ornaments. I’ll be shocked if they don’t end up selling miniatures of them.

Excellent point. And the rubes will throw stupid amounts of money at them. 🤦‍♂️

I’ll have to add that to my list of 50th anniversary merchandise I started a year or two ago. Things I was guessing they’d sell with 50th branding on them, I only got to about 42.

aladdin2007

it bothers me the money being spent on a bunch of statues could have been used better,,, like on an actual exhibit? we don't even get that. And I dont think an exhibit would have cost really that much compared to the price tags on these.... They are only doing things now that are instagrammable, and thats it!

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh, this is all so underwhelming. I totally agree. Everyone should show their disdain by staying away from WDW's 50th anniversary celebrations. Especially from October 1st to October 9th. It'll be too crowded and too expensive and too little given back. Just stay away. Especially for those 10 days. Also stay away the first weeks of December and February. Let's make the place a ghost town those three weeks!! Also, especially stay away from Pop Century. And for that matter, every other resort on the Skyliner.

Don't forget to especially boycott RotR, FoP, and Festival of the Lion King.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom