As magical express ends, can we expect cheaper rooms or are we just paying more and getting less?

AugieMorosco

Disney has jumped head first into the woke mania and the saying "go woke go broke" applies to even the company that Walt built being vunerable with the current leadership.
This is kind of the opposite of that, though. Right? They're not going broke. They're cutting expenses and raising prices and still can't slow down demand.

Also the "get woke, go broke" phrase is not economically accurate. Target demographics have always been roughly age 25-50 for any business that isn't age or demographic specific. Look at all of these national & global companies moving toward diversity, inclusion, and representation. They know what their target demo will look like in 10-15 years and beyond. Same pattern as it's always been: New generation with shifting values and views moves national culture and by consequence, the decisions of businesses, media, and entertainment.

CntrlFlPete

reminds me of when they made park hopping an add on, it was to 'allow more people to afford a trip to Disney' -- Removing MDE must be a way to not raise rack rates as much as they feel they need to -- so they are saving you money ;-)

crawale

When
That is the question. It's very sad Disney is ending the service, honestly added so much magic. I know Mears is offering it still, but all I can say is I hope rooms will at least be cheaper. Perhaps it's wishful thinking but to completely get rid of magic express and still charge the same is just wrong. With the train to Disney springs, I just hope they have a luggage solution.
When has Disney provided more and charged less? That is your answer.

OG Runner

Am I the only one who remembers when there was no Disney express?

No you are not, and amazingly we still made it to our resorts. At the same time, I have used the Magical Express for my last 7
trips and appreciated just needing to get to the "bus stop" and I would be magically whisked to my resort. It was a great
convenience and for many is a loss to the overall experience of vacationing at Walt Disney World.

Disstevefan1

That is the question. It's very sad Disney is ending the service, honestly added so much magic. I know Mears is offering it still, but all I can say is I hope rooms will at least be cheaper. Perhaps it's wishful thinking but to completely get rid of magic express and still charge the same is just wrong. With the train to Disney springs, I just hope they have a luggage solution.
To answer the OP,
  1. Prices for everything, not just rooms, will go up in the coming weeks, months, years, regardless of magical express.
  2. Mears will probably begin to offer the exact service, probably using the same busses, but now for a price.
  3. Forget about the train. It will probably never happen. If by some miracle it happens, 10 years from now, it will be such an inconvenience to get your family and luggage to your resort in WDW that folks won’t use it.

OG Runner

To answer the OP,
  1. Prices for everything, not just rooms, will go up in the coming weeks, months, years, regardless of magical express.
  2. Mears will probably begin to offer the exact service, probably using the same busses, but now for a price.
  3. Forget about the train. It will probably never happen. If by some miracle it happens, it will be such an inconvenience to get your family and luggage to your resort in WDW that folks won’t use it.

I agree. Even if the train does happen it is supposed to be from the Airport to Disney Springs. Think about getting a family of four
and your luggage from there to your resort. The resort buses won't let you bring your bags.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom