The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Suspirian

Agree 100%. There are parts that are very California, parts that they try to shoehorn in and parts that really just have nothing to do with CA at all. They really should just come up with a new name.
I honestly dont think anything in the park is particularly un-Californian even with the recent additions of Pixar Pier and Avengers Campus. I think Avengers Campus could use a bit of place making but Pixar Pier, as annoying as the IP shoe-horning is, still feels like a Californian experience imo.

Californian Elitist

I’m glad I’m not the only one who was certain they were for vomit!! In hindsight, that does make no sense, however.View attachment 567177
1624904573341.gif

Suspirian

Seeing people think that Pixar Pier needs to expand and that TLM needs to be rethemed to Coco or something is so irritating when Pacific Wharf is right there waiting to be expanded. I just feel like its the most obvious thing to do to that Paradise Gardens Park area.

Stevek

Terrible idea. ***?

I look forward to when people stop coming up with awful ideas and concepts for the DLR.
I'd actually be ok with a Pixar themed redo of the hotel. I think it would have great appeal to families...but the problem of the price point still exists...they'd probably raise the prices. My kids would have loved that type of hotel. That being said, best to just bulldoze it and come up with something fresh.

George Lucas on a Bench

I never got putting a "Theme" on hotels. You're there to sleep, shower, take a dump, order crappy delivery food and perhaps have special encounters with people. It doesn't need to have a statue of Mr. Incredible in the lobby or Pixar wallpaper, it just needs TP, towels, hot water, a bed and no roaches.

It's why I really don't get this fascination, which seems largely manufactured, for a Star War Hotel. Huh? I don't need to see fake stars out the windows (I keep the curtains closed) or hear the hum of a space engine. I actually prefer the AC to be rather quiet. Again, we're just here to take a dump, clean up and sleep with strangers.

Stevek

I never got putting a "Theme" on hotels. You're there to sleep, shower, take a dump, order crappy delivery food and perhaps have special encounters with people. It doesn't need to have a statue of Mr. Incredible in the lobby or Pixar wallpaper, it just needs TP, towels, hot water, a bed and no roaches.

It's why I really don't get this fascination, which seems largely manufactured, for a Star War Hotel. Huh? I don't need to see fake stars out the windows (I keep the curtains closed) or hear the hum of a space engine. I actually prefer the AC to be rather quiet. Again, we're just here to take a dump, clean up and sleep with strangers.
People like to be immersed when they are at the resort. I get it, I actually prefer something that his highly themed vs a motel 6.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom