Rumor Avengers E-Ticket More Dead Than You'd Think

Robbiem

I’ve never noticed much uproar over Indiana Jones not using Harrison Ford’s voice, or Buzz Lightyear Tim Allen’s. Surely it’s even more understandable not to use the original voice if the actor has died?
I think its more about being seen to be respectful to a dead person rather than a cost issue for living actors.
If they are going this route it makes more sense to make it about more up to date but as with any ride based on movies it will age as things move on. Think how the spider man ride would look with Toby Maguire on the pre show or if DHS had opened with a Timothy Dalton James Bond ride

wdrive

I think its more about being seen to be respectful to a dead person rather than a cost issue for living actors.
If they are going this route it makes more sense to make it about more up to date but as with any ride based on movies it will age as things move on. Think how the spider man ride would look with Toby Maguire on the pre show or if DHS had opened with a Timothy Dalton James Bond ride

Oh I agree but also think how the Spider-Man ride will look in 10 years time with whoever is the current Spider-Man these days.
They don’t seem that concerned about the long term.

Robbiem

Oh I agree but also think how the Spider-Man ride will look in 10 years time with whoever is the current Spider-Man these days.
They don’t seem that concerned about the long term.

Long term it will be interesting to see what happens. I could see some of these new additions being like epcot future world Or universal does. Things left to become outdated and then ripped out for something new and more current l

DanielBB8

Actually the decision to go with a projected Peter Parker rather than an animatronic shows that they have taken future actors into account.
They never fitted an animatronic with a new mask? Not impossible. Rise of Resistance can be easily retrofitted with Original Trilogy in both projections and animatronics. I’m pretty sure John Boyega will be quite happy to disassociate himself from further Disney Star Wars humiliation.
E105CA11-9348-458C-9883-20267001695F.jpeg

No Name

I’ve never noticed much uproar over Indiana Jones not using Harrison Ford’s voice, or Buzz Lightyear Tim Allen’s. Surely it’s even more understandable not to use the original voice if the actor has died?
Harrison Ford just declined to do the voice probably because he thought theme parks are stupid, and rides weren’t as closely tied to the studios and the canon of movie franchises back then. Chadwick Boseman died and was never given the opportunity, and the studio made it clear they won’t recast him. I can just feel the huge difference in reaction those two examples would cause.

Ismael Flores

I’ll reveal details when I can. But the land will get an E-ticket sooner than most here seem to think. And not an Iron Man RnRC.
wasn't the quinjet ride suppose to be built both here and Hong Kong? I would think that to keep cost down they would continue with that idea or if they do change it then they would for both resorts.

Mac Tonight

I read somewhere that the art was removed, Is that true? looks like someone jumped the gone in showing more than they should have
The concept art was already released, but seeing it on public display in the hotel seemed to all but prove it was coming... It has since been removed, and now we're back to wondering.

Ismael Flores

His point was that before they put a BP based attraction into a park to exist unchanged for 20 years, they want to see if people react positively to BP2 or if they need a new story.

🤷‍♂️ Just relaying information.
I think that anything built that has Wakanda in it would be hugely popular. The idea of the first movie will not die just because of the second Black Panther movie.

I am actually surprised they haven't pushed for some kind of Wakanda land in any of the Disney parks. If something like Avatar was such a big hit i could just imagine what a highly themed Wakanda would do for a park.

Ismael Flores

That would be a failure. It has a $200 million budget. Rule of thumb is generally the same amount for marketing, so $400 million investment. Distribution costs are around 50%, so the movie would have to make roughly $800 million worldwide to break even.
we might never know what it makes because of Disney+ but something must be working of not they would not have made the decision to add it to Disney+. I don't think that at the moment any studio is worried about being the champ in the box office numbers as they were pre-covid. It is more about how much the movie will increase their viewership in streaming and how much ends up in their pockets.

Disney gets to keep every penny they make from the Disney+ premier. It could possibly make less overall when it comes to box office numbers reported and some will call it a failure, but it might make more or the same in profit for Disney when they don't have to share even a penny with movie house

Last edited:

DrAlice

we might never know what it makes because of Disney+ but something must be working of not they would not have made the decision to add it to Disney+. I don't think that at the moment any studio is worried about being the champ in the box office numbers as pre-covid, it is more about how much the movie will increase their viewership in streaming and how much ends up in their pockets.

Disney gets to keep every penny they make from the Disney+ premier. It could possibly make less overall when it comes to box office numbers reported adn to some call it a failure, but might make more or the same in profit for Disney when they don't have to even a penny with movie house/
Yup... sea change in the movie industry, I imagine.

I know at least one household that were not Disney+ subscribers, but are now because they wanted to watch Cruella and Luca. (And they are not the type that will cancel afterward as the per month price is still quite low.)

J4546

yeah, I think DIsney is making a ton of money off movies being released on D+. Like was said earlier, they get to keep 100% of the profits, they dont have to share with a theater, they dont have to distribute it, which saves them 10s if not 100s of millions of dollars, they dont have to pay as much for marketing with giant posters and movie theater cutouts and props....I really thing Disney is gonna be releasing movies on D+ on a regular basis and Im all for it. I wish they were 20 bux instead of 30 but I still think its a great value esp if your a household with kids.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom