Return to normality tracker

zweltar

From my experience over the past 10 days, every limited experience at Disney at this point is 100% due to staffing shortages. If you're telling me to fill all available space in an indoor queue, everything should be available/open.
If only Disney had some sort of online reservation system where they knew the staffing needs in advance and they could have started rehiring earlier, when the impending summer crowds were already obvious. *insert eyeroll*

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
From my experience over the past 10 days, every limited experience at Disney at this point is 100% due to staffing shortages. If you're telling me to fill all available space in an indoor queue, everything should be available/open.
If only Disney had some sort of online reservation system where they knew the staffing needs in advance and they could have started rehiring earlier, when the impending summer crowds were already obvious. *insert eyeroll*
It’s not that they haven’t tried to rehire. They have. It’s just that like most other service industry jobs in the Orlando area and elsewhere, there’s just not people applying for the positions. I live here and haven’t walked into a store or restaurant in the last few months that didn’t have a “now hiring” sign on the door. It’s not just Disney. This whole area is feeling it.

The better thing to say is “if only they had a category of employment for people who work another full time job that wouldn’t mind coming in to help out during the busiest times of year.”

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Does WDW do any-time day-tickets any more? As a previous APer, my memory is fuzzy on this. But didn't they have tickets for which you had to indicate the time frame you'll be using it, as well as day-tickets which were not linked to a time, but started the clock with your first appearance?

Disney Glimpses

Original Poster
100%. When I heard "fill in all the available space" I had the same epiphany. In Disney's eyes; COVID is over. They got caught flat footed and this happened way sooner than they expected.

phillip9698

I would gather this as further momentum to the return of M&G. It's still a little tricky, having children (mostly unvaccinated) hug/touch vaccinated characters.

I have a trip planned in mid September. Was hoping M&Gs would be back by then but everything I'm seeing from Disney now points to if they would be ready to return they would hold off on them till October 1st.

Zummi Gummi

I know this has no bearing on Disney, but it seems worth pointing out that parades are returning to Universal beginning this evening. Your move, Disney
4AB7D3B5-3F88-45BB-A2A2-19DD3614D353.jpeg

Last edited:

jrhwdw

What’s amazing to me is that they managed to cast and rehearse this without anyone finding out, which is rather remarkable in this day and age.
Are any UOR Hotels an earshot of USF? Testing CineCele is 1 thing but a parade? As far as MK, the only Resort with a peak at the Parade Route is Contemp.........

Zummi Gummi

Are any UOR Hotels an earshot of USF? Testing CineCele is 1 thing but a parade? As far as MK, the only Resort with a peak at the Parade Route is Contemp.........
I’m more talking about people who would have known saying something to their friend, who says something to their friend, who then posts it online.

jrhwdw

Alright! USF is now back to normal with CineCele and now Superstar Parade! Saw it on YT, looked fine to me! Let's hope FOF/MISI doesn't take as long as CineCele to HEA Testing! Although, I did see on YT today that the VIP Parade Spot was roped off today at MK... No clue why. Can't be for HEA Test, too many trees I think?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom