News Contemporary Refurbishment--April to Sept 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If I get up in the middle of the night and bump into that small silver table, I will be saying some very bad words!

Shins or toes. Chose the form of your dead of night sacrifice!!

1624584743759.png

UNCgolf

The real issue is lack of privacy for the person taking the shower. Not an issue for couples. But it is one for families and friends. This was the same complaint I had for some other recent refurb (but can't remember which one).

#notapixieduster

The Polynesian. The new bathrooms there have a similar glass sliding door for the showers.

And you're absolutely right -- it is a problem for a significant number of guests. Can't use the toilet or even do something like brush your teeth if a friend or family member is taking a shower.

TinkerBelle8878

I think they should've just done an updated version of the original room design for the 50th. Maybe do a few 'Incredibles' rooms somewhere but it doesn't fit here or even remotely say the 5 star hotel they claim they are. I haven't seen in person but find that at least the pictures of the Moana rooms redo at Poly far more fitting and I guess the theming there does fit in in a way to the cheese factor of the Poly. Its supposed to be slightly cheesy and always was. I love both hotels and have many memories growing up of the Contemporary. I can't even imagine as a kid thinking the Incredibles room was cool. It, to me, kind of looks like a cross between Target and Pottery Barn kids decor. Great for what they are but hardly what you'd expect to be paying top dollar for.

UNCgolf

Agreed, I’m not sure they should be throwing any shade

I disagree -- I think the Cabana Bay rooms (and the whole resort, really) captures that era much better than the new rooms at the Contemporary. It's an incredibly well themed hotel and absolutely nails the aesthetic. Obviously if you don't like that aesthetic it's not going to do anything for you, but it's a better overall design than what they did with the Incredibles rooms.

It reminds me of the hotels Disney used to build that really tried to evoke a specific time period.

Last edited:

James Alucobond

I disagree -- I think the Cabana Bay rooms (and the whole resort, really) captures that era much better than the new rooms at the Contemporary. It's an incredibly well themed hotel and absolutely nails the aesthetic.
I don't agree with regard to Cabana Bay purely from the perspective of color. Even if all the right pieces and finishes are there, the color scheme just seems SO off for the time period. To me, it borders too much on parodic reimagining to be truly transportive.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
One of the other sites is reporting that The Wave is getting re-themed to become “Steakhouse 71” and will be heavy into the history of the resort, much the way Steakhouse 55 is at Disneyland. I would link it, but I don’t know which sites are and are not allowed to be linked.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom