Disney After Hours BOO BASH

mguimond1990

How strict do we think they’ll be at the “enter the parks at 7pm” rule? I know previous Halloween parties you could enter at 4p even tho it wasn’t advertised that way. I doubt 4p is something they’ll allow this year, but I wonder if 7 is the absolute earliest

iowamomof4

How strict do we think they’ll be at the “enter the parks at 7pm” rule? I know previous Halloween parties you could enter at 4p even tho it wasn’t advertised that way. I doubt 4p is something they’ll allow this year, but I wonder if 7 is the absolute earliest
A better comparison would be After Hours, where they typically let people enter between 6 and 7. It was often right about 6:30, sometimes a few minutes earlier, sometimes later.

ilovetotravel1977

If the DAH starts at 9 or 9:30 and they are letting you in at 7, I would think that is the earliest.

No different that if the Halloween party started at 7 and they let you in at 4.

havoc315

Based on past AH events, it will be pretty close to 7. Likely a few minutes before 7, so there is no surge right at 7. I'd bet they start checking in guests and giving out bands around 6:45.

Can we confirm, is it 7pm for both 9pm events and 9:30 pm events? Or is it 7:30 on 9:30 nights?

Weather_Lady

I guess there's must be worse things to spend your stimulus money on! 😂
We found a way to make it work without spending much extra, although our trip concededly had quite of a bit of extra "fat"we could trim.

DH really wanted to do Boo Bash (we've never done any kind of party or APH before, but we're "ride people" rather than "show/parade/character people," so this event appealed, and we thought it would be a fun surprise for the kids). So we bought Boo Bash tickets for one of the least expensive nights, paid for them using Disney Gift Cards purchased at a 9% discount, and then downgraded our package tickets from parkhoppers to base tickets (since parkhoppers are already hugely devalued by the park reservation system, shortened park hours and parkhopping time limits, and we were already questioning whether we'd even want to hop more than once), and cut a table service meal from our itinerary (Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen, which has slashed its menu in half and dropped all our favorite entrees) to help make up the cost.

Honestly, it feels like planning a Disney vacation this year is more about "choosing which of the overpriced, watered-down experiences are the least overpriced and watered-down" than it is about crafting a genuinely enjoyable experience. Disney knows we're all so desperate to just get out there and do something after 18 months of being cooped up at home that we're willing to settle...

Last edited:

Tom P.

Do we anticipate that Disney will add additional dates once all of the existing dates sell out? Or is this lineup going to be the final one?

cranbiz

If they all sell out now, I'll bet they add dates. This is too easy money for TDO to pass up. And we all know how much Chapek loves money

havoc315

Same here. I think the mouse has figured out this is a gold mine.

Alas... but if on-site guests buy AH tickets INSTEAD of day tickets, it's not necessarily a total win for the mouse house.

4 AH tickets are definitely more expensive than a 5-day pass, but they definitely would prefer to still sell the 5 day pass, PLUS a couple AH tickets.
From my perspective.. if 4 AH tickets are $600, and a 5-day ticket is $500.... Disney is only getting $100 extra revenue from me. I'm getting fewer hours, but still 5 hours per night, a total of 20 hours... most of which are very very low crowds. I could probably get more done with 4 AH events, 1 per park, than I could get done with 5-day regular ticket.

jt04

Alas... but if on-site guests buy AH tickets INSTEAD of day tickets, it's not necessarily a total win for the mouse house.

4 AH tickets are definitely more expensive than a 5-day pass, but they definitely would prefer to still sell the 5 day pass, PLUS a couple AH tickets.
From my perspective.. if 4 AH tickets are $600, and a 5-day ticket is $500.... Disney is only getting $100 extra revenue from me. I'm getting fewer hours, but still 5 hours per night, a total of 20 hours... most of which are very very low crowds. I could probably get more done with 4 AH events, 1 per park, than I could get done with 5-day regular ticket.

They may be dealing with a lower number of guests with the reservation system and most guests will want the 10 or More hour option to feel they are getting the most out of the cost.

AH events allow Disney to maximize turnstile counts but also giving a good percentage of guests a preferred customized experience.

And I doubt they will limit it to AH only going forward. The return of full events like MVMCP seems likely. Villians, Star Wars, Dapper nights, Concert nights, NYE etc. No end to the possibilities.

I find Epcot potentially one of the most intriguing. 10 P.M. to 1a.m. ?

The barges and SSE lighting can run without fireworks. Just speculation.

Ayla

Honestly... if they had AH events at different parks, every night of the week... I might forego buying any regular tickets and just buy a bunch of individual AH nights.
At twice the price and a fraction of the time. Sounds like a great deal!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom