All things Magic Mountain

Rich T

I think it's counterproductive. If covid was a really scary disease that had most people worried, you'd see people fighting each other to get the vaccine. The fact that they're out there trying so hard to bribe people to get the vaccine makes it seem unimportant. It just emphasizes how much people don't want it to have to be so transparently desperate to give it away, and that in turn makes people think it's not important to get it if it's tied to all these ridiculous contests and giveaways. If they acted like the vaccine was hard to get, more people would be happy to get it because they feel like they got something other people couldn't.

Anyways... Just more lessons in how not to handle a pandemic for future leaders.
I said “small” element of logic. 😀 I agree, it’s overall not a good look. It trivializes a serious situation.

Rich T

Poor El Toro! First the incident at 6F America and now SF Great Adventure. The company’s not off to the greatest of Summer starts.

socalifornian

Nice eight minute show celebrating the 4th of course, and their 50th. Arrived at 8:15, parked, went through security and the turnstiles without any lines. Smooth welcome back
2127627D-66A8-499B-B985-60B120330857.jpegCAD1B5B4-B7A0-4EBA-A8F2-13250BD3E20A.jpeg

milordsloth

I finally got to ride Rail Blazer at Great America recently and absolutely loved it. I'm glad Magic Mountain will be getting their own single-rail coaster as well! I think I read this one will be like the Jersey Devil Coaster at Six Flags Great Adventure...

Only issue with these is capacity, I'm sure the lines will be nuts when this finally opens.

SplashGhost

They don't have a Joker themed ride at Magic Mountain, and since this ride is right next to Batman, Joker is the best possible theme for it IMO. I hope they do a well themed fun house queue for it, much more than what they did for Joker at Discovery Kingdom.

SplashGhost

They really missed an opportunity to do an Aquaman themed water coaster. The park is a desert heat trap, and they keep getting rid of their water rides.

The best time to visit the park is most anytime outside July and August. It does get really hot in those two months, but the weather is mostly perfect the rest of the year. With their focus on year round ops, it isn't wise to invest in extremely wet water rides that people won't want to ride during Holiday in the Park and Fright Fest. Speaking of this, one thing that I love about Knott's is that their water rides aren't excessively wet like some other parks. A ride like Tidal Wave existed only to get guests soaked and nothing more, and it isn't worth it taking up space when it is only needed a few months of the year IMO.

PiratesMansion

Maybe they’ll get one of those Mack Power Splash models that’s coming to Six Flags over Texas next.

View attachment 573458

Check out Pulsar at Walibi Belgium if you want to see how it works. It’s pretty impressive how they’re able to quickly release the water into the splashdown area. Unfortunately, no turntable on the Six Flags version, so half the capacity.

Six Flags Over Texas actually backtracked on that and they are adding the turntable now.

SplashGhost

It is kind of surprising that Magic Mountain didn't officially announce their 2021 coaster today since it is National Roller Coaster day. Plus, we basically know what it is at this point, so it won't be a surprise.

It also sounds like Tatsu might be down for a long time, since there was supposedly a fire in the electrical room. That is a rumor, but it would make sense. This would be a perfect time for them to paint Tatsu since it desperately needs to be painted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom