News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

aliceismad

The only issue with Inside Out is that the film isn’t very “location-centric”. There isn’t much in the way of memorable set pieces. Which would force the Imagineers to come of with some cool original things on their own. Explore sections of the brain that weren’t covered in the film. That sounds like it could be a really cool attraction. But when was the last time they did that with an existing franchise? There’s only so much you can do with long corridors that are filled with colored balls.
Inside Imagination Land alone there's cloud town, french fry forest, the lava area, princess dream world, etc. Abstract thought could be really cool as a ride segment. Plus the creepy clown in the jail and the dream-creation. I know people dislike rides that basically retell the movie, but I think there are some cool settings within Inside Out.

I would also argue that Wall-E and Ralph could become cool rides if they're done right. A Ralph ride would almost certainly be screen based though. I'd love a Wall-E ride from the perspective of one of the other "malfunctioning" robots that Wall-E freed or something.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Inside Imagination Land alone there's cloud town, french fry forest, the lava area, princess dream world, etc. Abstract thought could be really cool as a ride segment. Plus the creepy clown in the jail and the dream-creation. I know people dislike rides that basically retell the movie, but I think there are some cool settings within Inside Out.

I would also argue that Wall-E and Ralph could become cool rides if they're done right. A Ralph ride would almost certainly be screen based though. I'd love a Wall-E ride from the perspective of one of the other "malfunctioning" robots that Wall-E freed or something.
Wall-e would be perfect ip if they are insistent in putting it in Epcot.

but they wouldn’t do it…not enough cross sell

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Do you always have difficulty following a conversation? Or is that just on the forum
“Is Mary poppins still on?”
“No.”

there’s the most recent “flow” of the conversation…rest is tangent.

and Disney didn’t even have to splain it to me…

But I play along…for instance the barbs being Thrown by “newbies” that clearly were in the neighborhood based on aggressiveness and style prior to 27 days ago…

it’s all in good fun

The Aracuan Bird

While I think you're right re: rides, has Disney ever really done differently?

The only ride they've built based on one of their existing franchises that doesn't just recreate places from the movie in question is 20K, at least off the top of my head. I could be forgetting something.
I’d say Mr. Toad and Splash as well. But you’re right. However, we have to keep in mind that the animated film industry has changed.

If you look at a film like Disney’s Peter Pan, the mystical world of Neverland is just as important if not more so than the film’s theme and story. If you look at a Disney/Pixar film today, it’s usually more focused on social or political commentary, and creating that reflect that. The mystical animated wonderlands are usually out of the picture. That’s just fine for a 90 minute film, but does that work for a 4 minute dark ride? Not really, and that’s when you have to get creative.

James Alucobond

But I play along…for instance the barbs being Thrown by “newbies” that clearly were in the neighborhood based on aggressiveness and style prior to 27 days ago…
This would be an actual passive-aggressive barb, one which I assume is directed at me. But I sincerely mean no disrespect. I just legitimately find it difficult to understand the logic behind who and what you quote, which in turn makes it nearly impossible to carry on a conversation. Quoting someone implies you either want to respond directly to what that person said or engage in a back-and-forth conversation.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This would be an actual passive-aggressive barb, one which I assume is directed at me. But I sincerely mean no disrespect. I just legitimately find it difficult to understand the logic behind who and what you quote, which in turn makes it nearly impossible to carry on a conversation. Quoting someone implies you either want to respond directly to what that person said or engage in a back-and-forth conversation.

it’s all in there…and I guess this thread has puttered out again.

but It was a rollercoaster ride reading back a few pages.

peter11435

“Is Mary poppins still on?”
“No.”

there’s the most recent “flow” of the conversation…rest is tangent.

and Disney didn’t even have to splain it to me…

it’s all in good fun
I’m not even referring to you diverging from the topic of the thread. That’s normal. I’m saying your posts consistently have little to do with the posts you are quoting.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
What??

It’s common sense. If you are going to quote someone’s post then your contribution should have something to do with their post. If not then don’t quote them. You can post without including others quotes.
These threads go all over the place…I’m as guilty as any of divergence. But they aren’t “succinct” or “focused” and never have been. Because that’s boring and nobody would bother coming in. It’s not the AP
That was my first attempt at getting you back on track.
The “track” was someone asked about the poppins ride and it was answered. So while I appreciate discussing about ride characteristic and physical sets and designs - which you brought up - that still was heading somewhere else.

we’re In the “paralysis by analysis” phase now.

slow news day

James Alucobond

These threads go all over the place…I’m as guilty as any of divergence. But they aren’t “succinct” or “focused” and never have been. Because that’s boring and nobody would bother coming in. It’s not the AP
This is case in point what we're talking about.
  1. We suggest that you quoting people when you aren't actually responding to them is a bit confusing.
  2. You say threads go off topic all the time.
  3. We say we're not talking about threads going off topic, just about quoting.
  4. You say threads go off topic all the time.
Like, I can't even. There are not enough flat-mouthed emojis in the world. 😐😐😐😐

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is case in point what we're talking about.
  1. We suggest that you quoting people when you aren't actually responding to them is a bit confusing.
  2. You say threads go off topic all the time.
  3. We say we're not talking about threads going off topic, just about quoting.
  4. You say threads go off topic all the time.
Like, I can't even. There are not enough flat-mouthed emojis in the world. 😐😐😐😐
Peter’s post was off topic addressing a misunderstanding of a previous poster.

but you’ve seen that all the time since may 25th, right?

James Alucobond

I simply don't have the willpower to continue and further derail the thread. You do you, I suppose.
Leaving See Ya GIF by MOODMAN

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom