The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

jrhwdw

Let’s hope.

Either Insiders have been keeping things tight lipped or little to nothing is actually coming lol. Remember during covid we didn’t even know if we would be getting fireworks on Oct 1st.
I Know!! I feel better seeing the 50th Commercial now! I think they should add Pyro to the Castle for the commercial now since HEA/EF is now confirmed, Thank God!

lewisc

They mention Cast Members in the post. What do you want to bet everyone is getting a $50,000 bonus in honor of the anniversary year?

Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+
You mean $50.

Splashin' Ryan

Someone on here and I cant remember who or where said Magic Kingdom may be getting a new holiday décor package this year due to the 50th? This got me thinking what about a new Christmas Tree? Maybe bring back the Main Street Garland? How I wish! :)
Seeing that Festival of Fantasy was (from what I know) the only reason why they could no longer put up the garland across MS USA, if the parade is not running all holiday season long I don't see why they would not be able to put them back up. The only possible issue is the Maleficient Float running during boobash which may overlap with the decoration setup times.

MagicHappens1971

Seeing that Festival of Fantasy was (from what I know) the only reason why they could no longer put up the garland across MS USA, if the parade is not running all holiday season long I don't see why they would not be able to put them back up. The only possible issue is the Maleficient Float running during boobash which may overlap with the decoration setup times.
I would assume that even if Disney wanted to, the previous MSUSA garland has been discarded, and it would make no sense to remake it for just this holiday season.

TTA94

The Maleficent float in Paris has ran with their garland. I don’t think she is the problem as much as Mickeys Air Balloon.

MagicHappens1971

No garland Christmas 2020. I'm sure FOF wasn't on call then.
I dont think it was either, the point I was trying to get across is that I’m sure Disney has discarded or repurposed the old garland and there is not point in recreating it for temporary use when they have a permanent replacement.

TTA94

Idk. We’ll see what happens. Gut feeling still tells me 2022 for a parade, if at all. Between the 50th launch, Boo Bash and likely some type of holiday event, how will they fit in a night parade with fireworks? If no events were taking place and they were open until 11 or so then sure.

doctornick

If only they spent a little bit more money on a nighttime parade for the 50th, maybe they would get a bigger return of there investment on 50th things.... If only... :banghead:

Honestly, I'm not sure they need to do anything else beyond what is planned to get a big bang for the 50th. The pent up demand plus Harmonious and Ratatouille will probably be enough to drive bookings quite substantially though the next year and at some point Tron will open as well.

I'd love to see them have a light parade as well but I doubt having one would really drive reservations all that much. I think the bigger boost would be for guest satisfaction and future trips but not sure modern Disney thinks further ahead than the next fiscal quarter.

Squishy

Honestly, I'm not sure they need to do anything else beyond what is planned to get a big bang for the 50th. The pent up demand plus Harmonious and Ratatouille will probably be enough to drive bookings quite substantially though the next year and at some point Tron will open as well.

I'd love to see them have a light parade as well but I doubt having one would really drive reservations all that much. I think the bigger boost would be for guest satisfaction and future trips but not sure modern Disney thinks further ahead than the next fiscal quarter.
Yeah & then Tron & GoTG will drive demand for the 2nd half of the 50th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom