HKDL gets new castle, frozen land and marvel land.

el_super

Well, at least it's better than having three projectors unconcealed on the top of the building

They should have just built a boat around them and claimed it was Admiral Boom. He was in SEA right?

Why were the projectors not placed inside the existing facades, to begin with? Disneyland's and Walt Disney World's are placed on the second levels of their Main Street buildings.

The projectors that line Disneyland's Main Street are mostly pointed at the opposite side, so they require less power. Smaller projectors with less heat that can safely sit inside the (mostly) empty attic space. Castle Projectors require more power due to their prominence in the show, and the usual distance required to project. At Disneyland, they built small towers around the hub to house the castle projectors, and due to the size of the castle, they aren't all that far from it.

My guess here is, that since they are projecting onto the larger HKDL castle, they need larger projectors that wouldn't work so well inside an enclosed space (due to heat).

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
The projectors that line Disneyland's Main Street are mostly pointed at the opposite side, so they require less power. Smaller projectors with less heat that can safely sit inside the (mostly) empty attic space. Castle Projectors require more power due to their prominence in the show, and the usual distance required to project. At Disneyland, they built small towers around the hub to house the castle projectors, and due to the size of the castle, they aren't all that far from it.

My guess here is, that since they are projecting onto the larger HKDL castle, they need larger projectors that wouldn't work so well inside an enclosed space (due to heat).
Ah! I thought these were the projectors for the Main Street buildings and not the ones for the castle (which were also exposed unthemed for the "We Love Mickey!" shows, I believe).

How did Disneyland disguise their Main Street castle projectors? I understand Hong Kong's Main Street is a copy of Anaheim's, so maybe they could have picked up a thing or two from their Anaheim counterpart...

el_super

How did Disneyland disguise their Main Street castle projectors? I understand Hong Kong's Main Street is a copy of Anaheim's, so maybe they could have picked up a thing or two from their Anaheim counterpart...

They are housed in turrets between the castle and the hub. There are actually four of them, two for the upper levels (in turrets) and two for the lower levels (in boxes):

1624299244933.png

My guess is, this will work in Anaheim because of the size of the castle, but in HKDL, with the Castle now being the tallest, they have to project higher up and the angles wouldn't work so close to the castle. That puts you in the dilemma of having, the nearst space that won't impact sight lines anywhere else being the Main Street roof. It still looks bad, but it's better than building a tower next to the entrance of Adventureland.

SweetDuffy101

Off-topic but Ocean Park's new water park looks lame to me...
I wonder if most of the budget went to buying the plot of land instead of creative design. Honestly, It looks like a basic water park with nothing to offer whatsoever, It lacks character and underwhelming, I understand they wanted to go Minimalist meets tropical.

I wonder if most of the budget went to buying the plot of land instead of creative design. Honestly, It looks like a basic water park with nothing to offer whatsoever, It lacks character and underwhelming, I understand they wanted to go Minimalist meets tropical.
Umm I think Ocean Park owned that plot of land already so it shouldn't be a problem...
Tbh I didn't expect much from OP but that's really too tacky
Not to mention the facade of the second hotel (Fullerton) seems more like a hospital to me...

SweetDuffy101

Because it's too underwhelming?
Its just basic and live singing throughout the show with slow pacing, With basic Fabrics for the costumes, and lets not talk about the anti climactic main song. and correct me if im wrong but the show its so different from the first concept art that they released vs. the one we have now no acrobatic no dancing fountains, no extravagant costumes. I know were in a pandemic but come on, The show is basic and underwhelming.

Its just basic and live singing throughout the show with slow pacing, With basic Fabrics for the costumes, and lets not talk about the anti climactic main song. and correct me if im wrong but the show its so different from the first concept art that they released vs. the one we have now no acrobatic no dancing fountains, no extravagant costumes. I know were in a pandemic but come on, The show is basic and underwhelming.
Yeah so disappointing and a bit boring...

This is the first concept art I think, which is much more elaborate and grand!

d8a4a16f754fe6b7076560dcd65a002a.jpeg

Last edited:

PymParty

So... update to PhilharMagic with new Coco scene is NOT coming to HKDL's version despite many rumours and the fact that it is coming to three parks around the world, with two of them (DCA and DLP) having weak versions of the show compared to HK... weird 😬
Anyone has explanations to that ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom