News Disneyland modifies mask policy - UPDATE 7/28/21

cmwade77

Here in in Washington state, Governor Inslee ended the mask mandate in most places about 3 weeks ago but the proclamation added
  • .....business owners and local authorities have the option to require that customers wear a mask, and that local authorities may not prohibit business owners from requiring that their customers wear a mask.
But King County is going with masks a bit longer.

So I just keep one with me and if a store has a sign that says masks required, I just put it on. I figure it's not a big deal and it's their place. Kind of a 'No Shirt, No Shoes, No Dice' type of thing. Fewer and fewer places are requiring a mask, and there isn't any enforcement. I expect it to be mostly gone by July.

GIF by Teachers Need Teachers
If I come to a store that says masks required, I leave and shop elsewhere.

CaptinEO

I was at the grocery store yesterday and the ratio was something more like 40% not wearing masks. Seems people are getting more comfortable with taking them off.

What I still don't get are the people who wear them below their nose or on their chin. At that point why even have one at all.
Same. I dont understand it. It's like some people haven't gotten the memo?

cmwade77

I started to feel resentful to cast members last year when the unions campaigned against reopening while I, like most people, was still working. I never believed it was a concern about health. By then there were protocols and data that made things very different from when they closed. Even today people are holding out as long as possible before going back to work, and businesses all over the country are struggling to find labor while having to compete against insane unemployment benefits.

I think Mr. Thuston's job history should have a big asterisk next to his position from March 2020 - April 2021. If you didn't put it together that he was furloughed from the pandemic, he'd have you believe he was working that whole time.
The problem is most of the car members (especially the ones that came back first) adamantly disagreed with the unions.

Most are both like this crazy guy.

mickEblu

Almost everywhere I have gone since the 15th still has a “mask required” sign up. Ive just been assuming they haven’t taken the old signs down and/ or are playing a weird psychological game on us to make the people that want to keep their masks on more comfortable all while not enforcing the rules or bothering the people that want to take them off. Nobody has told me to put a mask on.

I think one small Middle Eastern market I went to said “mask required even if vaccinated” which I thought was ridiculous. I didn’t see it until I was paying but nobody said anything to me there either. Explains the couple of looks I got from some of the customers.

Last edited:

Newtwo

Almost everywhere I have gone since the 15th still has a “mask required” sign up. Ive just been assuming they haven’t taken the old signs down and/ or are playing a weird psychological game on us to make the people that want to keep their masks on more comfortable all while not enforcing the rules or bothering the people that want to take them off. Nobody has told me to put a mask on.

I think one small Middle Eastern market I went to said “mask required even if vaccinated” which I thought was ridiculous. I didn’t see it until I was paying but nobody said anything to me there either. Explains the couple of looks I got from some of the customers.
The way I have been approaching this is if I walk in without a mask and they ask me to put it on I first tell the employee that I am sorry the owner is making them enforce this and no thanks I'm taking my business elsewhere and that I won't be coming back.

mickEblu

The way I have been approaching this is if I walk in without a mask and they ask me to put it on I first tell the employee that I am sorry the owner is making them enforce this and no thanks I'm taking my business elsewhere and that I won't be coming back.

I like it. Where I live though it appears signs are still up everywhere so I’d rather not inconvenience myself and drive God knows how many miles to run a simple errand. In most of these stores I was not the only person without a mask. Anywhere from 10% to 40% of patrons have been maskless. I think these places are just taking their sweet time taking the signs down for whatever reason.

Jefro

Out of curiosity do you own a business? Or work in the service industry? Just interested in the background.

SoCalDisneyLover

Honestly, it doesn't matter if they do it not. The way things should work in the u.s. is to vote with your wallet, which is exactly what they are doing.
And it's been that way since the beginning of the pandemic. There are plenty of establishments who decided to ignore mask mandates when they were around, and people took their business elsewhere. I come across plenty of Yelp reviews where that was the case.

Jefro

Honestly, it doesn't matter if they do it not. The way things should work in the u.s. is to vote with your wallet, which is exactly what they are doing.
Hmm. I think that may be a little shortsighted, but it matters to me. Curious on the details of transactions like these. Which is why I asked 😉

Tamandua

And it's been that way since the beginning of the pandemic. There are plenty of establishments who decided to ignore mask mandates when they were around, and people took their business elsewhere. I come across plenty of Yelp reviews where that was the case.
This wasn't true in most areas. Here in the Los Angeles area, the only place I know of that did this was shut down by the city. Covid extremists need to stop lying and saying that people had choices or could "take their business elsewhere." Short of moving your family to another area, you were forced to comply or you couldn't survive.

TP2000

I can almost guarantee that there were plenty of people who attested to being COVID-19 vaccinated and actually aren’t. Disney’s not checking, so of course the parks will have liars without masks.

To be fair, that's not a situation exclusive to Disneyland. Every private business in the state is in the same boat; Trader Joe's, Target, WalMart, Dodger Stadium, Macy's, In-N-Out, Hollywood Bowl, Whole Foods, Ralph's, your hair salon, your dry cleaner's, your favorite restaurant, etc., etc.

No business can check vaccine records at the door. That's a process that doesn't exist. And probably will never exist.

Disneyland is no different. It's just one of hundreds of thousands of businesses in California trying to make a profit and a living.

TP2000

Speaking of all that.... is there any state in the union that has any formal process to force people to show their vaccination status before they purchase a product or service from a private business? Or from any state or local government office or service?

I can't think of one, can anyone else?

There is no federal system of vaccination tracking, and likely never will be. And I don't know of any state in the union that has a statewide vaccination tracking system that allows (or prevents) anyone in that state from accessing public accomodations.

Can anyone think of a US state that is doing that with vaccination records or proof? I can't.

Californian Elitist

To be fair, that's not a situation exclusive to Disneyland. Every private business in the state is in the same boat; Trader Joe's, Target, WalMart, Dodger Stadium, Macy's, In-N-Out, Hollywood Bowl, Whole Foods, Ralph's, your hair salon, your dry cleaner's, your favorite restaurant, etc., etc.

No business can check vaccine records at the door. That's a process that doesn't exist. And probably will never exist.

Disneyland is no different. It's just one of hundreds of thousands of businesses in California trying to make a profit and a living.
I know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom