The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

TTA94

Or have the stampede in the Emporium like the 40th

You might not know this but for those who did camp out or got there at 4am, where did everyone line up? At the TTC by the monorail and fairy boat? For those staying at the resorts that took busses to the MK, I’m assuming they got to line up in front of MK? Unless busses did not start operation until closer to MK opening?

TTA94

As far as I know we were all held at the train station. 4am or 7am arrivals.

(that parade shoot was one hell of a preplanned effort!)

Wow brings back memories Lol. Did you have a group of people who went in different directions?

I wonder if we’ll be having a similar experience this October.

As far as I know we were all held at the train station. 4am or 7am arrivals.

(that parade shoot was one hell of a preplanned effort!)

Awesome Video! Gives us a idea what to expect even though many things have happened and changed over the past 10 years.
I think it should be a good time regardless! Just gotta pack the patience, stay calm and most of all just enjoy being there on 10/1! :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Did you have a group of people who went in different directions?
I got pre notification of the format so had a camera at the top of Main Street, a camera at the bottom of main street, two cameras in the press paddock and another two cameras in the hub. The Main Street cameras then followed the end of the parade into the hub (I ran through Emporium and Caseys to beat the crowd). Fun times.

ilovetotravel1977

Do they typically decorate the castle with holiday decorations? If yes, will they still do that with the 50th decorations already on it? Might be a little much LOL

TTA94

Now I'm curious on how they're going to pull that off this year.

Might be better to compare 10/1 this year to the 25th Anniversary rather than the 40th. A lot more media, celebrities, etc should be involved. Pandemic depending.

Who all was there on 10/1 for the 25th that can tell us how it was handled? Was there even a ceremony for all guests or was MSUSA and the hub blocked off to guests?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom