What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Was just about to walk out the door for a group run when my phone buzzed with a level 3 warning for thunderstorms and information that there were lightning strikes within 2 miles of where I lived. I sent a message saying I would not be joining 😉

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Went for a group run; we ended up doing 2.7 miles in the time we had. Didn’t feel like having to wear a mask, which is required on public transportation, so I walked an addition mile down to meet the group and a mile back (uphill) to get home. Luckily the very violent thunderstorms we had yesterday and last night have ended the heatwave.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
3.5 miles @ 9:30 pace yesterday before dinner.

I have not been posting much about my training the last couple weeks, (I've been doing about 2-3 3.5 mile runs a week) we've been fostering a 7 week old Kitten. Our 13 year old cat died a month ago unexpectedly and she left a hole in our heart. Our local shelter needed foster homes for several kittens that needed to gain weight, having never fostered an animal, we thought we'd try it out - its a lot of work and Kittens are different than older cats. Our other cat is a scared 11 year old senior girl and she is not liking this little boy or change.

Last edited:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
3.5 miles @ 9:30 pace yesterday before dinner.

I having been posting much about my training the last couple weeks, (I've been doing about 2-3 3.5 mile runs a week) we've been fostering a 7 week old Kitten. Our 13 year old cat died a month unexpectedly and she left a hole in our heart. Our local shelter needed foster homes for several kittens that needed to gain weight, having never fostered an animal, we thought we'd try it out - its a lot of work and Kittens are different than older cats. Our other cat is a scared 11 year old senior girl and she is not liking this little boy or change.

Kudos to you - I am not sure I could foster a kitten - I’d want to keep it. I do recall though each time we had a kitten (8 and 7 years ago) - it was almost as bad as when my DD was a baby. And the terrible twos with a cat are also a bit rough. 😉

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Kudos to you - I am not sure I could foster a kitten - I’d want to keep it. I do recall though each time we had a kitten (8 and 7 years ago) - it was almost as bad as when my DD was a baby. And the terrible twos with a cat are also a bit rough. 😉
He had a 2 week check up yesterday at the shelter and they were excited to see how big he grew and the weight he gained. They told us we could adopt him if we wanted to - that was our plan at first - now I'm iffy, my DH wants to keep him but our senior girl and him aren't on the same play or comfort level.

Appreciate your words! I heard the 1st and 2nd years are rough too - I wonder if that's why there are so many cats in shelters that are 1 or 2 years old?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
He had a 2 week check up yesterday at the shelter and they were excited to see how big he grew and the weight he gained. They told us we could adopt him if we wanted to - that was our plan at first - now I'm iffy, my DH wants to keep him but our senior girl and him aren't on the same play or comfort level.

Appreciate your words! I heard the 1st and 2nd years are rough too - I wonder if that's why there are so many cats in shelters that are 1 or 2 years old?

I suppose the question would be how uncomfortable is the senior cat - as in fighting and not sharing or is it more of just a hiss and move on. Our two cats don’t necessarily play together, but they do share. Thinking about it, that could also contribute to younger cats in shelters - people get a kitten who doesn’t get along with the established cat (who is a member of the family) and then the only option is to let the younger one go.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
I suppose the question would be how uncomfortable is the senior cat - as in fighting and not sharing or is it more of just a hiss and move on. Our two cats don’t necessarily play together, but they do share. Thinking about it, that could also contribute to younger cats in shelters - people get a kitten who doesn’t get along with the established cat (who is a member of the family) and then the only option is to let the younger one go.
She hisses and growls at him to stay away or back up and he doesn't understand or won't, no fighting but he chases her and its not play chase. She is stressed from him, she is only laying where he can't get to her. She shares her toys with him and allows him to eat from her food, but he doesn't like to share with her. We think he needs another kitten to be with and play with him, probably not a senior girl - so we're probably gonna see it the shelter can put him with one of his siblings at another foster home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom