D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

DaleRichMI

I bought nine. One for Wonders, One for Horizons and Mission: Space, One for Maelstrom (if I decide to get it, which I’m not certain on yet), One for Spaceship Earth, and one for Imagination. That leaves three spares in case I buy any others on a whim. Worst case scenario I have new frames to replace the cheap ones I put Living Seas and Guardians in, plus an extra for whatever else.
I hope you're right on your guesses (you've been spot-on so far). I would pick up all of those and hope for a Millennium Celebration and Illuminations. But, it is definitely a good deal on the frames - Thanks for posting!

DreamfinderGuy

I hope you're right on your guesses (you've been spot-on so far). I would pick up all of those and hope for a Millennium Celebration and Illuminations. But, it is definitely a good deal on the frames - Thanks for posting!
Millennium Celebration is another I hope they reprint and another I had in mind when I bought extra frames. I’m one of the lucky few that snagged the original IllumiNations, so if they reprint it I’ll be sitting it out.

goferrarif1

Millennium Celebration is another I hope they reprint and another I had in mind when I bought extra frames. I’m one of the lucky few that snagged the original IllumiNations, so if they reprint it I’ll be sitting it out.
Do the prints fit in the frames ok? I have a ton of art from Mondo/Bottleneck/Cyclops/Etc and I once bought some frames from Michaels, but had to return them as they were about a half inch too small each side and would have damaged the art.

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

Do the prints fit in the frames ok? I have a ton of art from Mondo/Bottleneck/Cyclops/Etc and I once bought some frames from Michaels, but had to return them as they were about a half inch too small each side and would have damaged the art.
They fit great! The actual frame part covers over the black border through, so you only see the art. It only covers the border though, doesn't bleed into the rest of the art. I suppose that could be a pro or a con depending on your point of view. I put my Living Seas in one earlier if you'd like to see that to judge yourself.

projectgamma

They fit great! The actual frame part covers over the black border through, so you only see the art. It only covers the border though, doesn't bleed into the rest of the art. I suppose that could be a pro or a con depending on your point of view. I put my Living Seas in one earlier if you'd like to see that to judge yourself.
Did you have to cut the living seas to fit it in? I just do not want ruin it.

trainplane3

Did you have to cut the living seas to fit it in? I just do not want ruin it.
Like what DFG said, you shouldn't have to cut it (should never have to cut art for a frame). The frame should fit them without issue. If it doesn't, then check the frame.
I believe it’s by Kim Gromoll. Was also used for the 2019 Festival of the Arts Poster which you can currently buy on eBay.
What they said^. Picked it up in Epcot in 2019.
So do we know if the new ones go up on the 14th or the 21st?
The pages haven't changed yet. In the past they've updated a week before go live. I only know what, not when.

projectgamma

Nope, no cutting at all. It fits in the frame absolutely perfectly. Better than the ones I was using before actually.

Like what DFG said, you shouldn't have to cut it (should never have to cut art for a frame). The frame should fit them without issue. If it doesn't, then check the frame.
I read somewhere that these frames are made 1/2 inch too small. Thanks, it is good to know that these will work perfectly!! Are there any tips to straightened them out?
The pages haven't changed yet. In the past they've updated a week before go live. I only know what, not when.
I just hope it means that they pushing for something different other than the one no one wants. I just hope it is not space 220 but since it is a new attraction coming soon it would not surprise me.

trainplane3

Does anyone know of any cheap portfolios to store these into? I just can't afford the one @trainplane3 mentioned, https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/collections/all/products/movie-poster-storage-portfolio, at the moment. I am tempted to get this one though, https://www.baroqueportfolios.com/c...print-storage-portfolio?variant=7256508268605. It still sounds too expensive.
So, I got the bigger one since I can double up the original series like below (4 per page, 2 on each side):
rfCy471.jpg

But the 2021 ones will fit perfectly into 24x36 (1 on each side):
xp0JRtR.jpg

(24x36 pages fit into the 27x41 portfolio)

For flattening, I bought 2 sets of the weights from there too. Heavy books work well too.

I read somewhere that these frames are made 1/2 inch too small. Thanks, it is good to know that these will work perfectly!! Are there any tips to straightened them out?

I just hope it means that they pushing for something different other than the one no one wants. I just hope it is not space 220 but since it is a new attraction coming soon it would not surprise me.
Nah.

projectgamma

Well, based on nothing happening today I'm going to assume the 21st. Sure doesn't give a very long order period, especially with them not advertising this month at all.

why is this so hard? 🤷‍♂️
Maybe they are rethinking their life choices, I mean their choices they selected. Either that or they are changing their marketing strategy for them. It is shopdisney after all.

EDIT: LOL

Last edited:

trainplane3

Well, based on nothing happening today I'm going to assume the 21st. Sure doesn't give a very long order period, especially with them not advertising this month at all.
I'll assume 21st too.
why is this so hard? 🤷‍♂️
Ask SD that.
Maybe they are rethinking their life choices, I mean their choices they selected. Either that or they are changing their marketing strategy for them. It is shopdisney after all.
If only I could explain some hilarious details that happened. Next ones will most likely sell better (personally) then WoL just because of their status. If they don't then I'll be completely shocked.

I really wish they were numbering these ones. Some people think there's hundreds, maybe 1k being made. For being much more special then the 2020 ones (inks wise) they are low. Just makes them more special to those that have them. It won't bother the hardcore collectors though. Without that number, they don't care.

Anyways, this is your capcom saying to go out there and explore whatever is on the other side of that horizon. If you're too scared, go play some really out of date video game or the Disney equivalent of a McD's playground. Or stare at a planter of something that was gone too soon.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom