FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chi84

Premium Member
It was as if every other phrase that he meant to write were missing, so that I couldn’t actually follow what he was trying to say. Not so much embellishing his argument as missing out half the words and abandoning any sentence structure.
That's the "style" part, I think, since it's so frequent. It definitely impedes clarity; I like to know for certain when I'm being insulted. ;)

michmousefan

That's not true anymore. They've added a lot of family oriented attractions.

I buy the Fastlane to avoid spending my time in queues so I can enjoy other things in the park. Like shows and being able to go to table service restaurants.
Having Fastlane on a hot busy day, enabling you to do things like grab a couple of leisurely drinks at the beach bar makes for a rather lovely experience. As opposed to two, three hour waits for the headliners.

MickeyLuv'r

Yes but I bet those are **day** trips. Whereas people stay at WDW resort for a week at a time, often more then once a year. It's not comparable.
Not everyone.
While anecdotal, I have talked to a number of folks who think a 3-day weekend is perfect. (3 park days)

Most often when I talk to first time visitors, their instinct is 1 day per park. It is also pretty common for newbies to say/think AK = zoo, and they've been enough zoos already, so skipping AK is pretty common.

{I dare say, a long weekend is also plenty of mouse for me.)

dovetail65

Not everyone.
While anecdotal, I have talked to a number of folks who think a 3-day weekend is perfect. (3 park days)

Most often when I talk to first time visitors, their instinct is 1 day per park. It is also pretty common for newbies to say/think AK = zoo, and they've been enough zoos already, so skipping AK is pretty common.

Goofyernmost

I didn’t mean to offend, honestly.

But as good as that article is, it’s not actually what I meant. It was as if every other phrase that he meant to write were missing, so that I couldn’t actually follow what he was trying to say. Not so much embellishing his argument as missing out half the words and abandoning any sentence structure.
You didn't offend! Note the laughing emoji, he/she was just trying to imply a polish person joke there when there was none.

UNCgolf

You should pay better attention. The laugh emoji referred to a conversation in previous posts, where someone said they didn't understand a post and that the words could just as well have been in Polish. I happen to be Polish, and I don't make or appreciate Polish jokes. Please read before making that kind of unfounded statement.

I didn't read it as a Polish joke -- I thought they were just pulling a random language they don't know. The meaning would have been the same if they'd said Mandarian or Russian or Tagalog.

But maybe it was intended to be a joke at the expense of Poles; I certainly don't know for sure.

UNCgolf

If used well it could get you through one and in line for another before rope drop. Think test track and in line for frozen before park open

It all depends on how many people actually use it and how easy it is to get to the parks in time to take advantage of it.

I imagine Disney plans to market it pretty heavily as a perk, since it's one of the only on-site perks at the moment. If that leads to a significant increase in the number of people showing up to take advantage, that could cause some issues. If 7500 people show up 30 minutes early, a ton of people will end up waiting in line for the whole 30 minutes (at least if they're trying to go to a headline attraction and not something minor). I don't think that many people will actually show up, but we'll see.

I'm actually curious to see how it works. Generally a large portion of Disney guests aren't interested in getting up super early to be at the parks at opening, but with the proper marketing push they could drive a lot more guests to it and end up lowering its value.

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

You should pay better attention. The laugh emoji referred to a conversation in previous posts, where someone said they didn't understand a post and that the words could just as well have been in Polish. I happen to be Polish, and I don't make or appreciate Polish jokes. Please read before making that kind of unfounded statement.
No, you are the one that doesn't understand. It is referring to not knowing the language therefore not understanding what was said. Polish is a language, is it not? So, they might as well have been speaking in Polish because they don't understand that either. If anyone should be offended it is the English person that was unable to speak his/her own language to the point that they were understood and therefore is being ridiculed for that inability. You may want to make it a Polish joke to display some hyper sensitivity, but it is not. Polish could have been substituted for (like I said before) any other language and it still wouldn't have been a "joke" on that nationality only a lingualism comparison.

Last edited:

Nottamus

Just coming off of a week trip to WDW, I think it’s getting pretty close to SOMETHING happening. Or needing to.

without some sort of FP thing, it’s getting harder and harder to get on the more popular rides.

sure, you can wait in line, but who wants to spend 3 hours of vacation time doing that?

I would like FP+ to come back mainly because it’s the system I am used to.
If it’s a paid option- I feel bad for the larger families where it could really hurt the wallet! (Unless Disney makes it affordable)

I guess all we can do is wait to see what’s next….

Goofyernmost

I'm sorry you cannot get past the word Polish without being offended. Polish is a language, English is a language. I know that there are a lot of Polish jokes that have be thrown about, but it seems to me that one should be able to say the word Polish, in a communicative manner without thinking it is some joke against the nationality. The joke was directed to the fact that the author in question was so disjointed that she couldn't understand it any more then she could understand the Polish language. Just a random expression but this time with absolutely no indication that she was making fun of the Polish nationality. In fact, she was being factual that she couldn't understand the language and couldn't understand the author. Again I ask, would you think it would be fine if she had used the work Greek instead or would you have understood that it was just a comparison of her inability to understand Polish or what the author was saying. BTW, I'm part Polish myself and cannot understand the process it takes to consider it a Polish Joke.

TheMaxRebo

As someone who often stays off site this is definitely how I am viewing it / am worried about.

Especially for the big new rides that (eventually come) or if they ever do a standby for Rise - this is where it helps a lot. To be at least in the front of the line for Guardians or similar is a big advantag vs off site guests

And with it being every park, every day I can't just plan around it and ropedrop at a non-EMH park.

Depending on actualnimpact it could motivate me to stay on property (or push me to buy a paid fast pass) so I think for Disney it could be pretty effective

KCheatle

That seems to be the plan

Again, you’re free to do what you want with your money. However, you have a direct impact then on what the rest of us will be provided. You’re free to ignore that and keep on going, but to deny it’s “bad” overall is disingenuous.
If it was only offered to me as some kind of under the table perk I didn’t earn, then I’d feel bad. But each person can choose to spend his/her money how (s)he sees fit. You have no idea what that person did or sacrificed in order to be able to afford the paid fastpass. I think guilt-tripping people for working hard or prioritizing differently than you is bad. You made a choice and they made a choice. Respect that choice and move on.

spaldingclan

No one was offended until you immediately associated the word "Polish" with "joke" and then tried to project it onto other posters. Until then, no one said anything that could be taken as a "Polish person joke." It seems everyone else understood it just as you explained it in your sanctimonious, completely unnecessary explanation. I'm offended that you wrongly accused me of making a joke about Polish people, not that people are saying the word "Polish."
Let it go you two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom