One Sentence: Platinum Edition - A 20th Anniversary Special

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Prompt 4
Just A Smidgen of Rest

View attachment 563035

I think we can all agree that while competing in an armchair imagineering competition or just going out to the parks it is important to rest up. Disney knows this is important and has been revamping rooms at various resorts left and right. Pictured above are the new The Art of Marvel rooms found at Hotel New York in Disneyland Paris, and that picture is just one example of the widespread makeover of hotel rooms happening at Disney resorts around the world. This prompt sees a similar challenge take fold for all of y'all!

-Challenge-
Redo the ROOMS of any Disney resort found around the world.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Saturday, June 12th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!
Disney's Hollywood Hotel
Hong Kong Disneyland Resort

56cc235ff69cb40971643cd4d74c5adb.jpg

The glitz and the glamour of Old Hollywood have never been more alive today, especially after Hong Kong Disneyland's Disney's Hollywood Hotel's historic transformation! Focusing more on Art Deco stylings and meeting Moderné with modern stylings, the rooms will be transformed into an alluring paradise and refuge fit for a Hollywood star: pearl grey walls with walnut wood baseboards, a navy blue decorative accent wall with embossed chrome-colored fan/shell patterns (don't forget to look for some hidden Mickeys hidden in the woodwork!) behind the bed/s, walnut wood geometric furnishings, gold lighting fixtures, white hotel linen with dark grey patterned accents, and a patterned gold carpet that definitely matches the main blackout curtain drape.​

montydysquith-navarro

In the Parks
No
Disney's Hollywood Hotel

The glitz and the glamour of Old Hollywood have never been more alive today, especially after Hong Kong Disneyland's Disney's Hollywood Hotel's historic transformation! Focusing more on Art Deco stylings and meeting Moderné with modern stylings, the rooms will be transformed into an alluring paradise and refuge fit for a Hollywood star: pearl grey walls with walnut wood baseboards, a navy blue decorative accent wall with embossed chrome-colored fan/shell patterns (don't forget to look for some hidden Mickeys hidden in the woodwork!) behind the bed/s, walnut wood geometric furnishings, gold lighting fixtures, white hotel linen with dark grey patterned accents, and a patterned gold carpet that definitely matches the main blackout curtain drape.​
To any architecture/interior design majors on here, I'm so sorry if I mixed up terminologies...

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
SPRINGFIELD INN:
Disneyland Paris -- Disney's Hotel Cheyenne

1623533553432.png

Disney's Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris will transforming into the Simpsons themed hotel, Springfield Inn. Based on 20th Century Studios's the Simpsons, it will have each rooms themed to the Simpsons such as Springfield Nuclear Plant and the Simpsons family house.
It will also have a 4D movie theater, Noise Land Video Arcade, Kwik-E-Mart and Krusty Burgers.

FigmentPigments

Prompt 4
Just A Smidgen of Rest

View attachment 563035

I think we can all agree that while competing in an armchair imagineering competition or just going out to the parks it is important to rest up. Disney knows this is important and has been revamping rooms at various resorts left and right. Pictured above are the new The Art of Marvel rooms found at Hotel New York in Disneyland Paris, and that picture is just one example of the widespread makeover of hotel rooms happening at Disney resorts around the world. This prompt sees a similar challenge take fold for all of y'all!

-Challenge-
Redo the ROOMS of any Disney resort found around the world.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Saturday, June 12th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please, let your imagination soar!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

Blast Off!
space-theme-room-1024x569.jpg
After the successful fantasy retheme of the rooms at the Tokyo Disneyland hotel, it has been decided to retheme another set of rooms to Tomorrowland featuring floating beds with floating night stands highlighted with blue neon, and sleek curved furniture bathed (at night with a flick of a switch) in stars complete with a "window" showcasing passing asteroids and shooting stars.

One bonus feature of this room is that if guests aren't particularly feeling spacey at the moment, they have the option to turn off the space effects, neon lights, and "window" and use the standard lighting setting that can be easier on the eyes but the design of room still remains modern, cool, and sleek.

HomeImagineer

After the successful fantasy retheme of the rooms at the Tokyo Disneyland hotel, it has been decided to retheme another set of rooms to Tomorrowland featuring floating beds with floating night stands highlighted with blue neon, and sleek curved furniture bathed (at night with a flick of a switch) in stars complete with a "window" showcasing passing asteroids and shooting stars.

One bonus feature of this room is that if guests aren't particularly feeling spacey at the moment, they have the option to turn off the space effects, neon lights, and "window" and use the standard lighting setting that can be easier on the eyes but the design of room still remains modern, cool, and sleek.
Now there's an idea i would love to put as a Futuristic/Space themed hotel, Nice one

tcool123

Original Poster
Reviews
View attachment 563040

All Star Music gets a plussing similar to Universal's Hard Rock resort, with more music theming, such a s a 'family tree" of contemporary genres, a complementary CD rack of Disney classics, and custom art of Mickey and Friends as bands throughout the ages, from jazz to R and B
All-Stars Music seemed to be a popular resort to redo this weekend! With that said I think this was a clever way to handle a refresh of the rooms. It's simple yet effective while matching the basics of a value resort that the All Stars are known for! The CDs are a nice touch even if they're slowly becoming relics of the past.
(This one is really tough)
Coronado Springs:View attachment 563044
To give some light on the other parts of the resort, the main section of Coronado Springs‘s rooms will be refurbished. Some rooms will be themed to Coco and Saludos Amigos/Three Caballeros to attract families to an otherwise adult-centric hotel.
Although you felt this was really tough I'm glad you tried it out! I've actually stayed at Coronado before and there's already a light theme of Three Caballeros throughout the grounds, but the continuation of that theme into the rooms is a good move! Coco is also a logical modern insert that honestly may happen sooner than later dependent if Coronado is able to get its coveted conventions back.

The rooms at Disney's Wilderness Lodge get a bit of a refurbishment, with flannel bedspreads, a more rustic wallpaper, and little touches referencing films like Brother Bear, Pocahontas, and Bambi.
Minor yet tasteful! This is a clever route to take with Wilderness Lodge as the DVC villas already have this critter aesthetic and it just seems logical to continue the aesthetic into the regular rooms. Personally while at a Deluxe these smaller touches are much preferred over the boldness of Art of Animation.

Grand Floridian World's Fair
220px-Walt_Disney_and_the_1964_World%27s_Fair_box_set_cover.jpg

In 2014, the 1964 New York World's Fair's 50th anniversary (a big deal for most Disney buffs), The Grand Floridian at Walt Disney World would announce a major renovation; a retheming into the style of the original World's Fair that in a way helped bring the park to life. The new amenities include: a complementary CD rack of Disney albums of that era, pillows shaped like the Unisphere, cotton bedspreads decorated in the colors of the 1964 fair, and little touches referencing rides of the era (like Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, Ford's Magic Skyway, Carousel of Progress, and yes, even It's a Small World).
I'm not sure if Grand Floridian was the best path for the World's Fair tie in, in this scenario I think Contemporary would have been the better thematic tie in. With that said everything you did for the room makeovers was very tasteful, with my favorite being the Unisphere pillow! Definitely can see a few of those just 'disappearing' 👀 😉

The Capsules at Disney's Contemporary Resort
Arch2O-12-things-you-need-to-know-about-capsule-hotels-6-2400x1600.jpg

At Walt Disney World, for many solo travelers or teen/early-adult groups, the resort-stay is merely a means to an end to recharge after the day at the parks, but now with the renovation of the south garden wing of Disney's Contemporary Resort to futuristic capsule rooms popularized in Asian marketplaces, guests have more cost affordable lodging, yet within a deluxe resort experience. For short-stays, weekend getaways, or even for all of spring break, each stay at The Capsules will create a lifelong memory out of what used to be simply a lodging necessity, and moreover retro-fits the most bland part of the Contemporary Resort to something never before seen for a Disney Resort.​
This ties in perfectly with the theme of Contemporary as both the resort and this concept is futuristic and contemporary. The little capsules have that novelty to get people into the resort although with it being at a deluxe resort I'm sure Disney will still charge at least 200 for this a night! I'm sure they can rationalize the price somehow.

SERENGETI SAFARI CAMP
at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge

Tanzania_NorthSerengeti_LegendarySerengetiTentInterior.jpg

Escape from the ordinary vacation with an adventurous stay at Serengeti Safari Camp at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge, where guests are transported to the next level of immersive wilderness living with this “glamping” revamp of the resort’s DVC Villas into an accurate, deeply detailed recreation of Tanzania’s gorgeous Serengeti National Park.

From the ATV safari jeeps which greet guests and usher them deep into the bush, to the canvas tent and mosquito netting details granting the rooms just the right sense of rugged escape, to the hidden troughs which obscure the division between guests and the animal savannah, to the private morning breakfast treks into Kilimanjaro Safaris, every facet of Serengeti Safari Camp envelops guests into the richness and warmth of Africa.
Not going to lie didn't see who posted this, and I was like so glad that @PerGron joined based solely on the Animal Kingdom Lodge usage. With that said this is an amazing upgrade for the current DVC rooms! These are the high concept Disney resort rooms that should be celebrated at Disney World. Forget the Star Wars hotel as the most immersive experience this is what I want! It's just so detailed with jeeps, the tent and netting details, and the breakfast treks on the safari just make this a great extension of the current DVC offerings at DAKL.

Modern Movement at
Disney’s All Star Music Resort

View attachment 563219

A fresh batch of rooms spotlighting modern popular music genres takes over All Star Music Resort.

Among the genres represented are punk, hip-hop, bubblegum pop, and EDM, each featuring posters, memorabilia, instruments, and a Bose audio system preloaded with rad playlists!
The other All Star Music Resort retheme! While @Solaris Knight focused more on the interior of the rooms this seems to be an overhaul of the resort with new genres being added in. Meanwhile the rooms are given new life with cool posters, memorabilia, instruments, etc! Definitely a logical upgrade to the current rooms!

WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT (HOTEL NEW YORK (DISNEYLAND PARIS)'S NEW RETROFITTING ROOMS:
View attachment 563231

Hotel New York needs retheming rooms into Who Framed Roger Rabbit along with Marvel and other Disney IPs for the rooms.
This retrofitting rooms will be themed to Roger Rabbit shorts such as RollerCoaster Rabbit, Somethin' Cookin' and Tummy Trouble
as other retrofitting rooms will also be themed to Toontown as such as ACME gag interactive products around the each rooms such as TNTs, anvils, bombs, portable holes, etc....
HOLLYWOOD DREAMS:
View attachment 563278
Disneyland Hotel will transformed into Hollywood Dreams, a inspired by the real Hollywood Hotel in 1930s-1940s,
each rooms will be themed to movies of 1930s to present like The Jazz Singer, the Wizard of OZ, Fantasia, Casablanca, Mary Poppins, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Gremlins, Batman (1989), Superman (1978), Ghostbusters (1984), Men in Black, Harry Potter and many more! Plus there will be a movie theater will show classic and modern movies of Hollywood history.
SPRINGFIELD INN:
Disneyland Paris -- Disney's Hotel Cheyenne

View attachment 563539
Disney's Hotel Cheyenne at Disneyland Paris will transforming into the Simpsons themed hotel, Springfield Inn. Based on 20th Century Studios's the Simpsons, it will have each rooms themed to the Simpsons such as Springfield Nuclear Plant and the Simpsons family house.
It will also have a 4D movie theater, Noise Land Video Arcade, Kwik-E-Mart and Krusty Burgers.

I feel like Hotel New York and Roger Rabbit are a bad thematic mashup, instead I would suggest Disney's Hollywood Resort in Hong Kong Disneyland. This is because of Roger Rabbit and the Hollywood Resort celebrating the Golden Age of Hollywood/Cartoons making a match made in heaven in my opinion. With that said I think the room ideas presented are fun and very energetic!

Onto the Hollywood Dreams! Now with Disneyland being so close to Hollywood it faces the same issues that DCA 1.0 faced in that why go here when the real thing is less than a hour away? However you took the smart route here by doing the idea of the Hollywood that never was but always will be down to fantastical IPs. However some of the films may be hard for Disney to obtain especially the last four given they're being tied up by other companies. However like I said in the previous critique I think this theme could work well especially if you apply it to Disney's Hollywood Resort.

Not sold on the Simpsons taking over the Hotel Cheyenne mainly due to not being sure if the IP is popular or ever caught on in France. Aside from that not sure how much someone would want to stay in a nuclear power planet however besides that all of these ideas make sense for a Simpsons Resort although the 4D Theater is a surprise!

Disney's Victoria Coast Resort
View attachment 563249

This remodel of the Paradise Pier hotel across from DCA will reinforce the 19th century amusement park pier theme of both Pixar Pier and Paradise Gardens Park with the concrete tower exterior being redesigned to look more like a tall brick building with spires on the top that would belong in Coney Island along with the rooms being remodeled to have a more elegant style like what you'd see at the Grand Floridian at WDW. Enjoy the completely redesigned pool area that includes water slides that are not for the weak at the heart or a beach-like area right next to a wave pool where you'll feel like you're right at a Californian bay!
Wow! This was extremely creative yet logical! I think this was a clever way to revitalize the Paradise Pier hotel into something that fits into the wondrous Disney Resort portfolio instead of the more basic look it has now. I really enjoy this concept as it seems to embrace the beach park pier idea down to the pool being remade into an actual beach area!

Ages of Animation

s2225_gplanding_1542849042.jpg

The family suites at Disney's Art of Animation Resort receive some refurbishments and new theming, with suites based around different films that represent different eras of Disney animation: Fantasia (representing the Golden Age), Peter Pan (showcasing the Silver Age), Beauty and the Beast (as an example of the Renaissance Era), and Wreck-It Ralph (as a reference of the Modern Era).​
Art of Animation being redone is surprising given how great it currently is, but you justify it by being a combination of Pop Century's ideals while the spirit of AoA remains. This is what the original plan should have been in my opinion. I personally wouldn't have gone for Fantasia given its heavy presence at All-Star Movies however each of these IPs make sense given their legacies!

DISNEY’S PIXAR PIER HOTEL

View attachment 563400

As part of the Disney’s California Adventure transformation, your favorite Pixar Pals will be coming to Disney’s Paradise Pier Hotel, as it transforms into Disney’s Pixar Pier Hotel to match Paradise Pier’s transformation into Pixar Pier. The hotel retheming will be inspired by the transformation that Disney’s Hotel New York - The Art of Marvel received; which means that the hotel will be inspired by the art of Pixar, showcasing your favorite characters from Toy Story, Cars, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc. and Inside Out, while also celebrating the process of filmmaking.​
Another Paradise Pier Hotel redo, I wonder why 😉

I think this take is the most realistic of the Paradise Pier redos given that Paradise Pier is now a dead name. The Pixar properties chosen make sense, and if done as tastefully as the Art of Marvel retheme then I can see this being very popular!

Disney's Hollywood Hotel

This is a great redo of the current resort, and a step all the way forward for the current rooms. The current rooms don't really scream old Hollywood however the glamour of old Hollywood living is encapsulated in your resort concept. This elevates the resort while being subtle with its Disney flourishes.

The Cozy Cone Motel
Disneyland Paris -- Santa Fe Hotel

7778653298_aabdf446e3.jpg

Part of the Santa Fe Hotel is converted entirely into the Cozy Cone Motel from Radiator Springs, based in a courtyard made up of 25 cones across two circles. The cones are larger than they appear, but well furnished and insulated, with room for two guests in each.
I think this is a logical direction for Santa Fe given it has Cars in the resort now, and the Cozy Cones is an iconic part of the Cars universe. I can see this being a popular room option however the two guest per room may be a concern for families especially with the children given this seems like the most likely target demographic.

This an igneous route to go with Tomorrowland theme rooms. They way that you handled it gave it a timeless glow while the aesthetics described are out of this world! I think the option to turn on and off the space theme is a smart move because after a long day at the parks sensory overload may be too much for guests who just want to sleep.

Arktic

With that said everything you did for the room makeovers was very tasteful, with my favorite being the Unisphere pillow! Definitely can see a few of those just 'disappearing' 👀 😉
I think there would be any need for disappearing, as a new World's Fair-themed shop (dubbed "Progress Plaza") would sell these pillows, alongside other World's Fair-themed memorabilia, and a new little treat for those young at heart: Imagineering@Home, a build-your-own-Disneyland toy set similar to Lego or those old cardboard puzzles, where you can take little pieces of Disney park history (attractions, shops, restaurants, etc.) and build your own dream Disney park. Includes unused ideas too! (Ages 5 & up, do not swallow pieces)

tcool123

Original Poster
One Sentence Competition continues to be tough on deciding who gets the various placements. I did my best to place each player while keeping everything fair.

Ps5WGu1.png

@Sharon&Susan AND @FigmentPigments
@Sharon&Susan - The approach taken with the resort made it clear that you cared for the concept with all the amazing inspirations and details HOWEVER the prompt was looking for rooms this went for a resort overhaul without mentioning the new rooms. With that said I still love this idea, and I hope that you continue to explore it!

@FigmentPigments - At first the idea of a space field room while cool had me worried that it would be too much to guests to handle on the daily. However you left the option to turn the effects on or off which aids to limit the overpowering effect and still leaves behind a well designed room that is inspired by the sleek architecture of Tomorrowland.

L30Y5yp.png

@montydysquith-navarro
This was a strong showing for you this challenge! Disney's Hollywood Resort's rooms always seemed a little lackluster to me especially with the potential of the theme it has. You however were able to deliver the theme while working in hidden flourishes and nods to Disney. Congrats!

zihTg3C.png

@spacemt354
I think going with a capsule hotel approach was risky however it paid off! The novelty of the rooms along with the target demographic being set to older groups makes this a success in my books! It took a section of the Contemporary that has long been on the chopping block, and gave it new life which is exactly what this challenge called for.

DrRz15D.png

@D Hulk
Wow! This was really impressive for a project that was only an image and two sentences the details and experience of this retheme is actually what Animal Kingdom Lodge needs! The theming is top notch imo, and the whole idea is extremely immersive!

tcool123

Original Poster
Standings

1. @FigmentPigments - 6 Points
2. @montydysquith-navarro - 5 Points
3. @DashHaber - 4 Points
4. @Sharon&Susan - 4 Points
5. @D Hulk - 4 Points
6. @Tegan pilots a chicken - 4 Points
7. @spacemt354 - 4 Points
8. @DisneyFan18 - 4 Points
9. @Brer Panther - 4 Points
10. @Disney Pacifist - 4 Points
11. @DisneyFan32 - 3 Points
12. @Garfield Fan - 3 Points
13. @Evilgidgit - 3 Points
14. @b-wolf95 - 3 Points
15. @JokersWild - 2 Points
16. @TwilightZone - 2 Points
17. @Solaris Knight - 2 Points
18. @Arktic -1 Point​

tcool123

Original Poster
Prompt 5
Comment Dites-Vous, Walkthrough?

1623557649318.png

Disneyland Paris is hope to a shocking amount of walkthrough attractions! Just off the top of my head there's the Swiss Family Treehouse, Adventure Isle, Aladdin, Alice's Curious Labyrinth, The Dragon's Lair, The Nautilus and the new defunct Armageddon Experience at the resort! These attractions while minor are fun distractions that add that special touch of Disney magic. This prompt sees you all adding to the magic in a small yet meaningful way.

-Challenge-
Create a new walkthrough attraction for either Disneyland Park or Walt Disney Studios Park.

-Rules-
You may use between 1 to 2 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Wednesday, June 16th at 10:00 PM EST.

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

Last edited:

tcool123

Original Poster
I think there would be any need for disappearing, as a new World's Fair-themed shop (dubbed "Progress Plaza") would sell these pillows, alongside other World's Fair-themed memorabilia, and a new little treat for those young at heart: Imagineering@Home, a build-your-own-Disneyland toy set similar to Lego or those old cardboard puzzles, where you can take little pieces of Disney park history (attractions, shops, restaurants, etc.) and build your own dream Disney park. Includes unused ideas too! (Ages 5 & up, do not swallow pieces)
I want this store to be real I would like buy all of these I feel 😅

DashHaber

Toontown Studio Tour (Visite des Studios de Toontown)

lf

Walt Disney Studios Park offers a wacky way to come face to face with filmmaking with the Toontown Studio Tour, taking guests on a funhouse trip through a cartoony film studio with such sights as a revolving film reel tunnel, an editing bay with guest-triggered sound effects, and a musical set with distorted mirrors.​

Brer Panther

-Challenge-
Create a new walkthrough attraction for either Disneyland Park or Walt Disney Studios Park.
Journey Into the Jungle Book
1623585885734.png
Venture into the story of Mowgli, the man-cub raised in the jungle by a family of wolves, brought to life via a series of elaborate dioramas. Audio-animatronics and special effects bring the characters from the film to life, making for a more immersive experience than the nearby Aladdin walkthrough (not that it'll make that one any less fun, of course).

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
MAROON CARTOON STUDIOS TOUR (VISITE DES STUDIOS DE BANDE DESSINÉE MARRON):
1623586494578.png

At Walt Disney Studios's Toon Studio, you can visit Maroon Cartoon Studios where Toons are working with human workers as Roger Rabbit, Jessica Rabbit and Baby Herman will take you walkthrough a tour around the studio lot where they filming many cartoon shorts as but the weasels could be planning to demolishing studios into the shopping center so you have to stop the Toon Patrol before they will destroy Maroon Studios. As you know, Maroon Studios uses ACME gag products for the shorts from ACME Warehouse.

Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
ACME WAREHOUSE (ENTREPT ACME)
1623587078976.png

Located at Walt Disney Studios (Toon Studio) you can walkthrough of ACME Warehouse as Marvin Acme owns it back in 1930s until he got killed by Judge Doom in 1947. ACME gag products was used for various cartoon shorts from studios such as Warner Bros, Disney, MGM, and Maroon Cartoons. You can interactive ACME gag products such as TNTs, bombs, portable holes, dropping safes, falling pianos, boxing gloves, giant mouse trap, giant magnets, and many more! But you can walkthrough destroyed half bricks into Toontown with attractions like Toontown Transit and Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin.

Attachments

• 1623587108531.png
    1623587108531.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
NOSTROMO: ALIEN ENCOUNTER (NOSTROMO : RENCONTRE D'ALIEN)
1623601627836.png

Walt Disney Studios Park (Production Courtyard) will make very scary walkthrough based on 20th Century Studios's Alien franchise,
called Nostromo: Alien Encounter. Inside the Nostromo, you will escape from evil Xenomorph who hunt down to kill all crew on the spaceship, but watch out for Facehuggers, they will bring eggs into your body, but don't worry Marine soldiers will help you escape from Xenomorph. But you will blaster guns to kill aliens as facehuggers too but in space no one can hear you scream!

Last edited:

Arktic

-Challenge-
War of the Worlds
280px-War-of-the-worlds-tripod.jpg

Themed after WotW: Goliath (a steampunk retelling of the original book) & as part of a Discoveryland revitalization project following the new Star Wars land opening in the nearby Walt Disney Studios Park, War of the Worlds is a new walkthrough attraction where guests are rushed to safety during an alien invasion of a steampunk world; similar to a scaremaze, but all year round & without the jumpscares.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom