Platinum Weekends: Where in the World?

D Hulk

WHERE IN THE WORLD GOES TO THE MOVIES
PART 1: THE GRAND PREMIERE

Welcome to this weekend's movie edition of Where in the World! Our story begins with four movie images, each one captured within a certain theme/amusement park. It is up to you to identify each movie and each park!

Extras
Can you identify this magical movie, as well as the theme park where it was filmed? (1 point each)

Saving-Mr-Banks.jpg

Supporting Role
Can you identify this hilarious movie, as well as the (real world) theme park where it was filmed? (2 points each)

PHOTO-1_WarnerBros_NationalLampoonsVacation.jpg

Lead Role
What is this crazy movie, and in which theme park did they film this? (3 points each)

17783_1.jpg

Director
Now which movie is this one, and in which theme park did they film this scene? (4 points each)

STC-L-NISCARECRUZ-0331-03.jpg

Bonus (2 points)
What Clint Eastwood movie also prominently features this theme park above?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

Welcome to this weekend's movie edition of Where in the World! Our story begins with four movie images, each one captured within a certain theme/amusement park. It is up to you to identify each movie and each park!

Extras
Can you identify this magical movie, as well as the theme park where it was filmed? (1 point each)

Saving-Mr-Banks.jpg

Supporting Role
Can you identify this hilarious movie, as well as the (real world) theme park where it was filmed? (2 points each)

Lead Role
What is this crazy movie, and in which theme park did they film this? (3 points each)

17783_1.jpg

Director
Now which movie is this one, and in which theme park did they film this scene? (4 points each)

Bonus (2 points)
1. Extras: Saving Mr Banks. I was fairly confident they had filmed portions of this at Disneyland. But I could be wrong.
2. Supporting Role: National Lampoon’s Vacation. I don’t remember which park it was filmed at now, but I think it was Six Flags Great America.
3. Lead Role: I do not recognize the movie but that is absolutely The Incredible Hulk Coaster at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
4. Director: I don’t recognize it. But I’ll just take a shot in the dark and say it was filmed at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

JokersWild

Extras

Saving-Mr-Banks.jpg

Supporting Role

Lead Role

17783_1.jpg

Director

Bonus (2 points)
1. Saving Mr. Banks (Disneyland)
2. National Lampoon’s Vacation (Magic Mountain)
3. I have no idea (Islands of Adventure)
4. Us (Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk)
Bonus: I don’t know

FigmentPigments

Extras

Saving-Mr-Banks.jpg

Supporting Role

Lead Role

17783_1.jpg

Director

Bonus (2 points)
Extras - Saving Mr. Banks, Disneyland
Supporting Role - National Lampoon's Vacation, I have no idea
Lead Role - Shark Boy and Lava Girl, Islands of Adventure
Director - US, I do not know

Bonus: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly

Suchomimus

Extras

Saving-Mr-Banks.jpg

Supporting Role

Lead Role

17783_1.jpg

Director

Bonus (2 points)
Extras: Saving Mr. Banks @/Disneyland Park
Supporting Role: National Lampoon’s Vacation @/Six Flags: Magic Mountain
Lead Role: House on Haunted Hill (199) @/Islands of Adventure
Director: Us @/Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
Bonus: Sudden Impact (1983)

spacemt354

Chili's
WonderfulWorldofAnimation-646e78ba449f4aefa39501f7bf2733d8.jpg

WHERE IN THE WORLD
GOES TO THE MOVIES!

Announcing the latest edition of Where in the World, the casual game where you must identify theme parks based on images.

This time we'll be looking at movies which have uses theme parks as settings & filming locations! Screenings will be held for the next Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Every day, you will see four movie images. You will be challenged to identify both the movie and the (real world) theme park. Some will be Disney, some will be Universal, some will be other parks entirely.

Each image will be increasingly more difficult, and worth more points, as we rise through the ranks of a film set:
Extras (Easy, 1 point each)
Supporting Roles (Medium, 2 points each)
Lead Role (Hard, 3 points each)
Director (Ludicrous, 4 points each)

As in previous rounds, please use the spoiler tags when providing your answers. The player with the highest point total after Sunday's matinee will have the option to host Where in the World on the coming weekend. Good luck, and see you at the movies!

giphy.gif

Entirely for fun, here's a preview of coming attractions...

Can you identify this movie, as well as the theme park where it was filmed?
(No points will be awarded for this teaser round.)

image_22deede5.png
It's good that there was a sample of the wording specifics in the warmup round..but I could have sworn it said something else when I first read it 🤔

Perhaps I was half asleep

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
Saving-Mr-Banks.jpg
Saving Mr. Banks. Disneyland, I presume?
Supporting Role

Wait I recognize this! National Lampoon’s Vacation! I know it’s a Six Flags park. Magic Mountain, probably?
Lead Role

17783_1.jpg
Oh boy now I’m completely at a loss. No clue on this one.
Director

Not entirely sure. Looks like a fun movie, though!
Bonus (2 points)
No clue! 😅

D Hulk

PART 2: THE SEQUEL

Here is another batch of movie stills captured in theme parks, louder and noisier than the original set. How many can you identify?

Extras
Which movie is this, and which terrrrrrrrrrifying theme park is featured in this image? (1 point each)
2013-10-12-13_52_47-escape-from-tomorrow-_-sundance-ff-2013-disneyland-official-trailer-_-hd-youjpg

Supporting Role
Can you dig this movie, and the theme park where they shot it? (2 points each)
ea038c67b38cf5d3521bab22cb05bf3e.jpg

Lead Role
Which movie is this one, and what is the real life theme park where they filmed it? (3 points each)
Adventureland-Movie-2.jpg

Director
Can you identify this television show, as well as the theme park where this episode was shot? (4 points each)
featured3.jpg

Bonus (2 points)

What other 1970s TV family also filmed an episode in this theme park?

FigmentPigments

Here is another batch of movie stills captured in theme parks, louder and noisier than the original set. How many can you identify?

Extras
Which movie is this, and which terrrrrrrrrrifying theme park is featured in this image? (1 point each)
2013-10-12-13_52_47-escape-from-tomorrow-_-sundance-ff-2013-disneyland-official-trailer-_-hd-youjpg

Supporting Role

Lead Role
Which movie is this one, and what is the real life theme park where they filmed it? (3 points each)

Director
Can you identify this television show, as well as the theme park where this episode was shot? (4 points each)
featured3.jpg

Bonus (2 points)

Extras - I idea on the movie, Leave a Legacy
Supporting Role- No idea, still no idea
Lead Role - Scott Pilgrim versus the World, no idea
Director - The Brady Bunch, absolutely no idea, lol
Bonus: The Partridge Family?

JokersWild

Extras

Supporting Role

Lead Role

Director
featured3.jpg

Bonus (2 points)

1. Escape From Tomorrow and EPCOT
2. The Warriors and Coney Island (the picture has a super visible clue ;))
3. Adventureland and Kennywood
4. The Brady Bunch and King's Island

D Hulk

PART 3: THE TRILOGY CONCLUDES

As the final chapter of our cinematic exploration, we look exclusively at the third entries in famed film franchises. Why do sequels love visiting theme parks so much? Who knows. Good luck!

Extras
I wonder what movie this could be, and which theme park they used to film this scene? (1 point each)
MV5BYjEyYWUyOTMtMGM3MS00OTIxLTlmNmQtMGI2MWI0NGY0OWQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Supporting Role
Identify this movie and the theme park where they shot this sequence...if you dare. (2 points each)
final-destination-3b.jpg

Lead Role
What is this cinematic treasure, and which theme park (pictured) was willing to host such a production? (3 points each)
Jaws3_3-618x360.jpg

Director
As our whirlwind tour concludes, can you identify this movie and the theme park where this scene was filmed? (4 points each)
oIW-O5lnFdgE5Dwfqh65aNRoUpZ0AtjePUtUjyg1bbOPaN1ZFTqlaqO1cIRVYnHkHi-kJRnkLqF1S5-Jhro-CGEMHW4sa8aN5QPVC3OZwz8YCmalp9dNoT1B99IFnOL1SJK8c-fZ8j8naVryqQC9Ibs6XZX9-g

Bonus (2 points)
This film's character Babs Jansen is an Easter egg reference to what classic Universal Pictures comedy?

Previous days are still in-play, if you haven't attempted them yet. See you at the movies!

FigmentPigments

PART 3: THE TRILOGY CONCLUDES

As the final chapter of our cinematic exploration, we look exclusively at the third entries in famed film franchises. Why do sequels love visiting theme parks so much? Who knows. Good luck!

Extras
I wonder what movie this could be, and which theme park they used to film this scene? (1 point each)
MV5BYjEyYWUyOTMtMGM3MS00OTIxLTlmNmQtMGI2MWI0NGY0OWQ5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

Supporting Role
Identify this movie and the theme park where they shot this sequence...if you dare. (2 points each)
final-destination-3b.jpg

Lead Role
What is this cinematic treasure, and which theme park (pictured) was willing to host such a production? (3 points each)
Jaws3_3-618x360.jpg

Director
As our whirlwind tour concludes, can you identify this movie and the theme park where this scene was filmed? (4 points each)
oIW-O5lnFdgE5Dwfqh65aNRoUpZ0AtjePUtUjyg1bbOPaN1ZFTqlaqO1cIRVYnHkHi-kJRnkLqF1S5-Jhro-CGEMHW4sa8aN5QPVC3OZwz8YCmalp9dNoT1B99IFnOL1SJK8c-fZ8j8naVryqQC9Ibs6XZX9-g

Bonus (2 points)
This film's character Babs Jansen is an Easter egg reference to what classic Universal Pictures comedy?

Previous days are still in-play, if you haven't attempted them yet. See you at the movies!
Extras - Beverley Hills Cop 3, don't know
Supporting Role - Final Destination 3, don't know
Lead Role - Free Willy 3, Sea World
Director - Don't know, Universal Studios
Bonus - don't know :p

Last edited:

D Hulk

Extras - Welcome to America, don't know
Supporting Role - Final Destination 5, don't know
Lead Role - Free Willy, Sea World
Director - The picture isn't showing up for me :(
Bonus - don't know :p
Since the Directors image is acting wonky (it’s a gif), here’s an alternate image. The park should be really easy to guess now! 😛

maxresdefault.jpg

Up top I mentioned that every movie today is Part 3 in a franchise. You’re close enough in some answers this might help get out!

D Hulk

ANSWERS

Friday the 11th
Extras
- Saving Mr. Banks / Disneyland

1c41c20290b2ee98fe377d3d762ee95b.jpg

Supporting Role - National Lampoon's Vacation / Six Flags Magic Mountain
national_lampoons_vacation_1983_original_film_art_d8a1f6e0-0ca6-4c3d-b632-3ec92e4ebd38_1200x.jpg

Lead Role - The House on Haunted Hill / Islands of Adventure
houseonhauntedgamestyle.jpg

Director - Us / Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
470eca41d7288183be8c39b6bdf952f4.jpg

Bonus - Sudden Impact

Saturday the 12th
Extras
- Escape from Tomorrow / Epcot

MV5BNTIxNjcxOTgxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjYzODEzMDE@._V1_.jpg

Supporting Role - The Warriors / Coney Island
710SphOOvCL._AC_.jpg

Lead Role - Adventureland / Kennywood
MV5BMTI1NTYyMjA2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU1OTA0Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Director - The Brady Bunch / Kings Island
81wiWiKB4uL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Bonus - The Partridge Family

Sunday the 13th
Extras - Beverly Hills Cop III / California's Great America
71Aj8CUP7WL._AC_SL1473_.jpg

Supporting Role - Final Destination 3 / Joyland
71d8dZR987L._AC_SL1023_.jpg

Lead Role - Jaws 3D / SeaWorld Orlando
715PaWPWkLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Director - Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! / Universal Studios Florida

MV5BMTc5MDUzNzQzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDg4NTYzNTE@._V1_.jpg

Bonus - National Lampoon's Animal House
(Babs Jansen became a Universal Studios tram tour guide and subject of their early advertising campaign "Ask for Babs")
bloguniversalad3.jpg

THE RESULTS

@MickeyWaffleCo. - 6 points
@Tegan pilots a chicken - 7 points
@Suchomimus - 22 points
@FigmentPigments - 23 points

THE WINNER
@JokersWild - 37 points

Congratulation to Jokers, who has accepted hosting duties for next weekend! Until then...

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
ANSWERS

Friday the 11th
Extras
- Saving Mr. Banks / Disneyland

1c41c20290b2ee98fe377d3d762ee95b.jpg

Supporting Role - National Lampoon's Vacation / Six Flags Magic Mountain
national_lampoons_vacation_1983_original_film_art_d8a1f6e0-0ca6-4c3d-b632-3ec92e4ebd38_1200x.jpg

Lead Role - The House on Haunted Hill / Islands of Adventure
houseonhauntedgamestyle.jpg

Director - Us / Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
470eca41d7288183be8c39b6bdf952f4.jpg

Bonus - Sudden Impact

Saturday the 12th
Extras
- Escape from Tomorrow / Epcot

MV5BNTIxNjcxOTgxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjYzODEzMDE@._V1_.jpg

Supporting Role - The Warriors / Coney Island
710SphOOvCL._AC_.jpg

Lead Role - Adventureland / Kennywood
MV5BMTI1NTYyMjA2N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjU1OTA0Mg@@._V1_.jpg

Director - The Brady Bunch / Kings Island
81wiWiKB4uL._AC_SY679_.jpg

Bonus - The Partridge Family

Sunday the 13th
Extras - Beverly Hills Cop III / California's Great America
71Aj8CUP7WL._AC_SL1473_.jpg

Supporting Role - Final Destination 3 / Joyland
71d8dZR987L._AC_SL1023_.jpg

Lead Role - Jaws 3D / SeaWorld Orlando
715PaWPWkLL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Director - Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No! / Universal Studios Florida

MV5BMTc5MDUzNzQzOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDg4NTYzNTE@._V1_.jpg

Bonus - National Lampoon's Animal House
(Babs Jansen became a Universal Studios tram tour guide and subject of their early advertising campaign "Ask for Babs")
bloguniversalad3.jpg

THE RESULTS

@MickeyWaffleCo. - 6 points
@Tegan pilots a chicken - 7 points
@Suchomimus - 22 points
@FigmentPigments - 23 points

THE WINNER
@JokersWild - 37 points

Congratulation to Jokers, who has accepted hosting duties for next weekend! Until then...
DANG!! I didn’t stay caught up with this. I woulda finished with 10 or 11. Oh well. This was fun, Hulk!!

JokersWild

10.22.1982-epcot-grand-opening-1180x600-780x440.jpg

Where in the World Goes to EPCOT!

Welcome to the latest edition of Where in the World. This time we're going to be focusing on EPCOT of the past and present.

Between tomorrow (Friday) and Sunday, I'll be posting four pictures of increasing difficulty. It'll be your job to tell me where in EPCOT you can find the picture's subject. Tiers are as follows:
Spark - Easy, 1 Point
Astuter - Medium, 2 Points
World Traveler - Hard, 3 Points
SMRT-1 - Very Hard, 4 Points
Look out for trivia questions with some of the pictures for 1 Extra Point.

To set the mood, let's have a practice round. You won't win any points, but it'll give you a taste of things to come:
FOUNTAIN-OF-NATIONS-5.jpg

Where in EPCOT can this fountain be found?
BONUS: What is the fountain's name?

tcool123

Original Poster

Welcome to the latest edition of Where in the World. This time we're going to be focusing on EPCOT of the past and present.

Between tomorrow (Friday) and Sunday, I'll be posting four pictures of increasing difficulty. It'll be your job to tell me where in EPCOT you can find the picture's subject. Tiers are as follows:
Spark - Easy, 1 Point

To set the mood, let's have a practice round. You won't win any points, but it'll give you a taste of things to come:

The landfill 😉 or Innoventions

The Fountain of Nations

tcool123

Original Poster

Spark - Easy, 1 Point

So just checking in since it's Saturday, are the images coming out today and tomorrow? Or just tomorrow?

tcool123

Original Poster
Where in the Yester World

1624559262483.png

After a short break last week, Where in the World will return this weekend in full force in all its retro glory! In this edition of Where in World get ready for a blast to the past with plenty of extinct attractions, shopping, dinning, land, and even more!

Between tomorrow (Friday) and Sunday, I'll be posting three pictures of increasing difficulty that have all been edited. It'll be your job to determine where in the yester world was the photo. Points will be awarded as follows:
Easy - 1 Point
Medium - 2 Points
Hard - 3 Points

1624559693627.png

Where in the Yester World can this alien be found?
BONUS: Where did this alien originate from, in terms of Disney Parks?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom