News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disney Glimpses

They absolutely want to stay out of the headlines. No one checks the news now through Sunday evening. By then, this will be old news. Bad publicity largely averted.

WDW will proudly share some very positive news next week, though.
I think we are overestimating how much the public cares about face mask policies at this point. You can go most places right now in almost every state without a face mask. Which is likely why they waited this long to modify their policy.

ToTBellHop

I think we are overestimating how much the public cares about face mask policies at this point. You can go most places right now in almost every state without a face mask. Which is likely why they waited this long to modify their policy.
Sure, but SOME would be angry. There’s no real benefit to angering some people. The people who are happy at this news will find out when they go.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well, maybe not up top.

1623444680692.jpeg

sullyinMT

True. Everyone from Costco to Great Clips got to take some heat, let alone WDW direct local competition. Then a late Friday announcement to fly under the news radar for a couple days. They're no fools.

Disney Glimpses

True. Everyone from Costco to Great Clips got to take some heat, let alone WDW direct local competition. Then a late Friday announcement to fly under the news radar for a couple days. They're no fools.
Disney was trending on Twitter when they removed the outdoor mask policy. The change today garnered almost no attention. So part of me think its a combination of people not caring on top of people thinking they were already gone (confusing the outdoor mask mandate modification with a total lift of masks).

sullyinMT

That's what I thought so the "Disney is keeping them on for transportation due to the federal mandate' can't be the case. I guess?
A thought:
Reedy Creek might(?) get some federal funding for roads and whatnot. That would make them more "public" than private Universal transport. I don't know at all if that's true.

Also, I've never been on a packed Universal bus the likes of leaving Epcot for POFQ at closing. And the bus rides, in general, last a little longer. It's a "spirit of the law" kind of thing, but this is an overwhelmingly positive change for the vaccinated guests (and, by sad default, everyone else).

peter11435

A thought:
Reedy Creek might(?) get some federal funding for roads and whatnot. That would make them more "public" than private Universal transport. I don't know at all if that's true.

Also, I've never been on a packed Universal bus the likes of leaving Epcot for POFQ at closing. And the bus rides, in general, last a little longer. It's a "spirit of the law" kind of thing, but this is an overwhelmingly positive change for the vaccinated guests (and, by sad default, everyone else).
Roads throughout UO are public and owned/maintained by local government

sullyinMT

Roads throughout UO are public and owned/maintained by local government
I admittedly don't know all the ins and outs. My city bus department, for example, can't follow the rest of the state, county, city, and drop masks. The city receives federal funding for road and transportation maintenance. It was just spitballing. Either way, I'm glad WDW will continue to require them on cramped transportation, and would rather see Uni do the same. The open air water taxis might be fine, but a bus is a bit cramped for my comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom