News Ohana reopening July 9th

TikibirdLand

We always loved going to O'hana. Yes, it was expensive. But, it was the one splurge for us each trip. Not gonna lie; removing the roving "Auntie" character in the evenings playing the ukulele along with none of the noodles or shrimp skewers looks to be a big let-down. Will they still be roaming with the other char-grilled meats? I'll be watching the inevitable youtube influencers -- with the volume down -- to see what's actually offered. Then, I'll take a poll with the family to see if we do this next time or we skip it and do a local Brazilian steakhouse.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
We always loved going to O'hana. Yes, it was expensive. But, it was the one splurge for us each trip. Not gonna lie; removing the roving "Auntie" character in the evenings playing the ukulele along with none of the noodles or shrimp skewers looks to be a big let-down. Will they still be roaming with the other char-grilled meats? I'll be watching the inevitable youtube influencers -- with the volume down -- to see what's actually offered. Then, I'll take a poll with the family to see if we do this next time or we skip it and do a local Brazilian steakhouse.

Removing “Auntie” makes it far more likely for me to dine there. I always hated her and found her annoying.

GimpYancIent

Breakfast at Ohana is what I and my family look forward to. They do not screw up breakfast mmmmmmm and I hope the Mickey character in his Hawaiian shirt is back too the grandchildren get a big kick out of him.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They sure do haha

Although I've noticed a trend in a certain opinion ;)

it’s gonna get nasty around here (more than usual) in the next 6 months...as Disney uses the ramp up to set new guardrails on pricing/expectation...while a lot of the old time customers direct their longing/pent up demand for the product towards them...but then realizing not much has changed and they aren’t Warren Buffett.

the Rubber will meet the road.

and that’s not a conspiracy or criticism directed at Disney...that’s what they should do as a business.

problem is they have a novice ceo who is frankly not qualified and a not too great board.

hopefully we all end up happy...against the odds.

Weather_Lady

'Ohana used to be a sacred tradition for us -- it was always dinner on our last night at WDW, before heading to the MK for fireworks. However, when they jacked up the price so that it was $300 for the four of us with tax and tip, we noped out, and discovered that it wasn't such an inviolable tradition after all.

I was thinking we might try it again in August for old times' sake -- but these "streamlining" changes to the menu (which, frankly, I think we all knew were coming, in line with what they've done to Cape May and Tusker House) would be a deal-breaker even if we had our hearts set on it. The shrimp, noodles and those sticky honey coriander chicken wings (what in tarnation is "crispy soy" anyway!??!) were probably our three favorite items, so without them, it's a no-go. Ah well, when it comes to Disney dining, there are plenty of other fish... er, shrimp... in the sea. :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
'Ohana used to be a sacred tradition for us -- it was always dinner on our last night at WDW, before heading to the MK for fireworks. However, when they jacked up the price so that it was $300 for the four of us with tax and tip, we noped out, and discovered that it wasn't such an inviolable tradition after all.

I was thinking we might try it again in August for old times' sake -- but these "streamlining" changes to the menu (which, frankly, I think we all knew were coming, in line with what they've done to Cape May and Tusker House) would be a deal-breaker even if we had our hearts set on it. The shrimp, noodles and those sticky honey coriander chicken wings (what in tarnation is "crispy soy"!??!) were probably our three favorite items, so without them, it's a no-go. Ah well, when it comes to Disney dining, there are plenty of other fish... er, shrimp... in the sea. :)

but remember...even though you just gave 3 concrete examples...the idea that they are further streamlining/cost cutting menus upon re-open is a fringe theory 👍🏻

Weather_Lady

but remember...even though you just gave 3 concrete examples...the idea that they are further streamlining/cost cutting menus upon re-open is a fringe theory 👍🏻
1623191347246.jpeg

Weather_Lady

Breakfast at Ohana is what I and my family look forward to. They do not screw up breakfast mmmmmmm and I hope the Mickey character in his Hawaiian shirt is back too the grandchildren get a big kick out of him.
I'd go back and re-read the original post. Unfortunately, it states unequivocally that there will be no characters at breakfast.

Last edited:

Mark48

Disney is always teaching us thru Authenticity and immersion. Apparently Island shrimp casserole is also being joined with another Polynesian tradition going way back----Sausage. Both true south pacific delicacies .
Disney is always teaching us thru Authenticity and immersion. Apparently Island shrimp casserole is also being joined with another Polynesian tradition going way back----Sausage. Both true south pacific delicacies .
I guess noodles were too costly for a $60/person meal. Maybe they're making the steak edible?
The steak was always a must avoid with me . Still had marks where the jockey hit it. Chx wings-noodles and shrimp gone may force me to overlook the marks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom