News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Given the CDC Director’s statement, I would not be surprised if they want to wait a week or two for the CDC to say kids can go maskless in schools. If that’s okay, they can be maskless everywhere. Wait for the CDC or risk ****ing off the Karens.
I doubt the CDC is going to say kids can go maskless in schools. They are not even saying that all adults can go maskless.

They'll probably say that vaccinated kids can go maskless in schools, and non vaccinated kids can't. That means 12+ will be able to be maskless while <11 will not.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I doubt the CDC is going to say kids can go maskless in schools. They are not even saying that all adults can go maskless.

They'll probably say that vaccinated kids can go maskless in schools, and non vaccinated kids can't. That means 12+ will be able to be maskless while <11 will not.

probably...and that’s really not gonna go over well at all. It will be a political football in damn near every town

ToTBellHop

probably...and that’s really not gonna go over well at all. It will be a political football in damn near every town
Walensky was on “Good Morning America” and said she believes the guidance to wear masks in schools will be lifted before classes resume in the fall.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Walensky was on “Good Morning America” and said she believes the guidance to wear masks in schools will be lifted before classes resume in the fall.
Maybe, but she also said in the same interview that this was based on the high rate of vaccination among kids. That only applies to certain age groups.

Walt Disney1955

However, where is WDW at right now with the masks? I know they don't require them outside walking around. But is it still at the point where they need them in lines and on all rides? Are they needed at Disney Springs/Boardwalk?

Or better yet who has been there recently that can give their own take on the mood/theme of the mask enforcement at the parks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DisneyCane

I still see the majority of places showing very high mask rates 7 days off the mandate...it will be a slow ebb.

one thing I noticed today...ironically at the paint desk at the depot...was two older ladies talking outloud about every falsehood out there about why they won’t get it...and not the demographics you’d probably giess

“you can’t use your arm for a week”

“it won’t even work in a couple of months”

“I heard about somebody who was sick for days”

“I don’t know what they’re putting in there”

#4 was my favorite.
In some cases people just aren't paying close attention to the removal of mask requirements. They see others wearing them and think they still have to. A friend of mine was at Publix about a week after they removed the requirement and was behind somebody wearing two masks at the checkout line. Wanting to be nice, he asked the person if he was uncomfortable because he (my friend) wasn't wearing a mask and offered to put one on even though Publix doesn't require them anymore if you are vaccinated. The guy said, "they don't?" and proceeded to remove both masks.

Other cases are people (even vaccinated) who treat the mask like a security blanket and are reluctant to stop wearing them. To each their own. I'd imagine that when WDW drops the indoor requirement, over half of people will still wear them for a while.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In some cases people just aren't paying close attention to the removal of mask requirements. They see others wearing them and think they still have to. A friend of mine was at Publix about a week after they removed the requirement and was behind somebody wearing two masks at the checkout line. Wanting to be nice, he asked the person if he was uncomfortable because he (my friend) wasn't wearing a mask and offered to put one on even though Publix doesn't require them anymore if you are vaccinated. The guy said, "they don't?" and proceeded to remove both masks.

Other cases are people (even vaccinated) who treat the mask like a security blanket and are reluctant to stop wearing them. To each their own. I'd imagine that when WDW drops the indoor requirement, over half of people will still wear them for a while.
See...you’re calling people oblivious

im giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying they are being respectful of others...

Chi84

Premium Member
As long as employees are required to wear masks and/or I continue to see employees wearing masks, I will continue to wear mine out of respect to them. Others can do what they want and what is allowed, of course.
Do you think it's disrespectful to not wear a mask if the employees are wearing them? Aren't the employees just as likely to assume you're unvaccinated as they are to assume you're being respectful? Or do you tell them you're vaccinated but that you are being respectful to them?

ElvisMickey

Do you think it's disrespectful to not wear a mask if the employees are wearing them? Aren't the employees just as likely to assume you're unvaccinated as they are to assume you're being respectful? Or do you tell them you're vaccinated but that you are being respectful to them?
You beat me to it. Enough people are walking around maskless now where employees are not going to care if the original poster is maskless or not if the business is no longer requiring masks for those vaccinated.

DisneyCane

See...you’re calling people oblivious

im giving them the benefit of the doubt and saying they are being respectful of others...
I'm not calling them oblivious. I have not seen too many places with big, obvious, "masks not required for fully vaccinated customers" signs (although there is a nearby restaurant with a "Masks NOT Required" sign (with that coloring and capitalization). People who don't really care about it aren't following the policy changes of every place they go.

Does anybody think that Disney will place signs at the beginning of queues that say "Face Coverings not Required for Fully Vaccinated Guests?"

It's not disrespectful for somebody (like me) who is fully vaccinated to follow the policy in place and not wear a mask when not required. If somebody feels good because they think it shows respect for others to do so then by all means wear one.

CatesMom

Just home from the grocery store. Still 100% mask usage here, even though mask mandates are long gone, the stores merely "encourage masks for the unvaccinated," and our local vaccination rates are soaring. It's part of our common experience.

DisneyCane

Just home from the grocery store. Still 100% mask usage here, even though mask mandates are long gone, the stores merely "encourage masks for the unvaccinated," and our local vaccination rates are soaring. It's part of our common experience.
Curious where home is. Near me in Broward County, FL it's 50/50 in grocery stores and Walmart/Target. Any restaurants I've been in have been basically nobody wearing one, takeout or dine-in.

CatesMom

Curious where home is. Near me in Broward County, FL it's 50/50 in grocery stores and Walmart/Target. Any restaurants I've been in have been basically nobody wearing one, takeout or dine-in.
Northern Virginia. We are about 50/50 mask free in outdoor group settings, but everyone wears them going into stores, restaurants, and other businesses. Schools still require students to wear them full time, so that probably adds to the normalcy factor.

ElvisMickey

I find it hard to believe that anywhere is 100% mask usage when masks are no longer mandatory if you’ve been vaccinated.

Chi84

Premium Member
I find it hard to believe that anywhere is 100% mask usage when masks are no longer mandatory if you’ve been vaccinated.
I don't. I'm seeing a goofy bit of mask theater going on where I live. We're friendly with several employees in grocery stores and restaurants. What I've heard is that in many cases, employers are requiring vaccinated employees to wear masks because they want their customers to perceive that the business is providing the safest environment. Vaccinated customers feel safe, but are wearing masks because the employees are wearing masks, so it seems like the right thing to do. In the meantime, there's a whole lot of unnecessary mask-wearing going on.

That's why I asked a previous poster about the notion of "respecting" employees by wearing a mask. As long as the customers are still mostly masked, businesses are likely to force their vaccinated employees to continue wearing masks.

My own practice (not giving advice to anyone else) is to go unmasked whenever it's allowed, and I don't worry if the employees are wondering about my actual vaccination status. If the employees are vaccinated, they are protected (according to the CDC). If they are not vaccinated - and are worried that I'm a maskless unvaccinated threat to them - the answer is for them to get vaccinated. Getting vaccinated is the ultimate expression of respect. An actual, real, effective form of respect.

ElvisMickey

I don't. I'm seeing a goofy bit of mask theater going on where I live. We're friendly with several employees in grocery stores and restaurants. What I've heard is that in many cases, employers are requiring vaccinated employees to wear masks because they want their customers to perceive that the business is providing the safest environment. Vaccinated customers feel safe, but are wearing masks because the employees are wearing masks, so it seems like the right thing to do. In the meantime, there's a whole lot of unnecessary mask-wearing going on.

That's why I asked a previous poster about the notion of "respecting" employees by wearing a mask. As long as the customers are still mostly masked, businesses are likely to force their vaccinated employees to continue wearing masks.

My own practice (not giving advice to anyone else) is to go unmasked whenever it's allowed, and I don't worry if the employees are wondering about my actual vaccination status. If the employees are vaccinated, they are protected (according to the CDC). If they are not vaccinated - and are worried that I'm a maskless unvaccinated threat to them - the answer is for them to get vaccinated. Getting vaccinated is the ultimate expression of respect. An actual, real, effective form of respect.
I hear what you’re saying, BUT, 100% of customers? At least give me a 99% lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom