Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Thank you it would be appreciated. There was a little hope in their e-mail. They stated the 2021-2022 schedule was
not set yet.
I caught that little hope too... 2021-2022 not set is like saying there will be races, we can't give you the dates yet because xyz.

Someone posted a link to the Wide World of Sports complex and I noticed for some future events they had 2022 date coming soon.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Just my personal thought: They're more focused on getting back to 100% operations first. runDisney is low priority. Running through a city is easier than running through four theme parks.

this. unfortunately this. I really don't see in-person races until fall 22 at this point.

Texas84

50th runs into Wine and Dine 2022 as well. I don't think that has anything to do with their logic. Disney will run discounts to fill rooms during the 50th celebration too. What those look like is yet to be seen but I highly doubt we see 18 months without a discount.
You think they'll have trouble filling rooms for the 50th?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member

Given how hard it is to find a room right now, I don't think so. It's as though everyone decided to visit WDW once things started opening up and they were vaccinated.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Given how hard it is to find a room right now, I don't think so. It's as though everyone decided to visit WDW once things started opening up and they were vaccinated.

This. the parks are insufferable right now and you can't get a reservation. I just renewed my AP for the 50th but I'm going to seriously consider things in 2022 depending on what Disney does in the next year.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
This. the parks are insufferable right now and you can't get a reservation. I just renewed my AP for the 50th but I'm going to seriously consider things in 2022 depending on what Disney does in the next year.

As both All Star Music and Sports are currently closed, along with POR and POFQ, people are scrambling to find rooms.

And if WDW drops the remaining mask requirements next week, it will only get even more crowded.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
As both All Star Music and Sports are currently closed, along with POR and POFQ, people are scrambling to find rooms.

And if WDW drops the remaining mask requirements next week, it will only get even more crowded.
The list of upcoming Disney World hotel reopenings now looks like this:
-May 30 2021 - Disney's Beach Club Resort
-June 6 2021 - Disney's Wilderness Lodge
-July 2 2021 - Disney's BoardWalk inn
-Late July 2021 - Disney's Polynesian Resort

Add in the Club Level Rooms at these resorts:
-Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa – Royal Palm Club – Sept. 16, 2021
-Disney’s BoardWalk Resort – Sept. 23, 2021
-Disney’s Contemporary Resort – Sept. 26, 2021
-Disney’s Wilderness Lodge – Dec. 16, 2021
-Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort – Dec. 16, 2021

As reported on April 23rd, Magic stated:
Disney's All Star Music, Disney's All Star Sports, Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House, Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter remain closed and do not yet have a reopening date.

Rteetz

There will be points over this celebration where there are dips. They aren't filling every single room on property right now. There is a reason they are taking a building out at GF for DVC rooms. I am not saying the entirety of the celebration will have discounts because I don't think it will but Disney usually always has something going even if it is extremely limited.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Just my personal thought: They're more focused on getting back to 100% operations first. runDisney is low priority. Running through a city is easier than running through four theme parks.

I share your opinion - while for manyrunDisney may be a priority, I agree that overall resort and park operations is a greater priority right now. And although people keep saying “but Boston is in person”, I don’t think the Boston Marathon has to worry about someone claiming they caught COVID-19 running the Marathon, whereas this could be a concern that Disney doesn’t want to take on at the moment.

Rteetz

I share your opinion - while for manyrunDisney may be a priority, I agree that overall resort and park operations is a greater priority right now. And although people keep saying “but Boston is in person”, I don’t think the Boston Marathon has to worry about someone claiming they caught COVID-19 running the Marathon, whereas this could be a concern that Disney doesn’t want to take on at the moment.
I don't buy that at all. Do you see the theme parks right now? Also there is no way to say it was from the race and not the parks, hotels, airport or wherever else the person may have been to get covid.

OG Runner

We are also talking about over 6 months in the future. Boston is in October. The Disney Marathon would be three months after that.
I am sorry sir but I must dismiss your opinion on the subject. :D

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I don't buy that at all. Do you see the theme parks right now? Also there is no way to say it was from the race and not the parks, hotels, airport or wherever else the person may have been to get covid.

I agree; but that doesn’t mean someone wouldn’t try. And nuisance lawsuits, even if eventually dismissed, still have a cost in terms of preparation of replies, etc.

All it takes is someone with decision making authority to be concerned about such issues to decide it is “safer” not to have the races. I’m seeing this with my employer and why the vast majority of the employees are still not allowed back in the office and why we cannot sit at the same table as someone else in the cafeteria (even though the national government has allowed restaurants to open up indoor seating for tables of up to 4 people).

We are also talking about over 6 months in the future. Boston is in October. The Disney Marathon would be three months after that.
I am sorry sir but I must dismiss your opinion on the subject. :D

Yes, you have accurately stated the time line.

OG Runner

I agree; but that doesn’t mean someone wouldn’t try. And nuisance lawsuits, even if eventually dismissed, still have a cost in terms of preparation of replies, etc.

All it takes is someone with decision making authority to be concerned about such issues to decide it is “safer” not to have the races. I’m seeing this with my employer and why the vast majority of the employees are still not allowed back in the office and why we cannot sit at the same table as someone else in the cafeteria (even though the national government has allowed restaurants to open up indoor seating for tables of up to 4 people).

Yes, you have accurately stated the time line.
Surprised to hear you being snarky. Note though the races would be in Florida, and they have pretty much taken the lead
on opening things up. You know it is all hoping and I think based on what is happening around the country it is a possibility.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom