Trip Report Lots of New for The Same Old Crew

Hello, hello!! I'm back!! I assume you all remember me considering I just wrapped up my last TR less than 24 hours ago!! :hilarious:

WHO: As the title says--The Same Old Crew!!
IMG_7032.JPEG

WHERE: The Yacht Club!! E found that awesome AP deal during our October/November trip!!
IMG_8816.JPEG

WHEN: Friday, January 22nd - Monday, January 25th

BACKSTORY: J had either Friday or Monday(I can't remember which) off school so he would only have to miss one day. I usually work Sundays & if I'm not there that means my boss has to work. I originally booked my room for Friday & Saturday night & booked an early flight out Sunday morning so I could still work the late shift that day. When I asked him about having Friday & Saturday off as my 2 days off for the week he said that was fine. He asked me about Sunday & I told him that I figured I would have to work but......E & J were staying until Monday. He told me he would work for me on Sunday so I could stay longer!! Woo Hoo!! An extra full day in Disney!! I ended up flying home early Monday(E & J had a later flight) so I could work the late shift that day.

As it turned out it was cheaper to fly home on Monday so I ended up with a Southwest credit!! I tried to add an additional day on to the room & it wouldn't let me. I just ended up booking another reservation for Sunday night & it was at a lower rate than the already low rates we had for Friday & Saturday!!

We had a 10:30ish flight. I drove to the airport b/c when I landed on Monday I would literally have to drive right to work to be able to make it on time. Since E & J's flight was later JSR was going to pick them up when they got back.
Gotta take the pic to remember where I parked the car. I'm glad I remembered to do that b/c something bizarre happened to me right before that. For whatever reason I ended up not driving through the area where you get your parking ticket. So---how was I to get out come Monday?? Also, I was still scratching my head on how I even got in--to this day I still can't figure it out. Of course, no one was around for me to ask so I decided not to worry about it until Monday. I figured the worst that would happen was that I would have to pay the max rate for not having a ticket. Not what I would really want to do but whatever.
IMG_8780.JPEG

We stopped at Chick-fil-A for some breakfast.
IMG_8781.JPEG

And Dunkin' for coffee. Darn Starbucks still isn't open!!
IMG_8782.JPEG

It was pretty full at our gate so we sat at another one that was empty.
IMG_8783.JPEG

We were leaving typical Pittsburgh weather behind.
IMG_8784.PNG

And headed for this!!
IMG_8785.PNG

As we got on the plane E saw 2 seats in row 2 were empty. There was an aisle seat in row 1 that was empty also. They sat in 2 & I sat in 1.
IMG_8788.JPEG

No SVU on that day but another favorite of mine was so that made the time go by real quick!!
IMG_8789.PNG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I am really surprised it was open in the rain! I guess the rain was light enough for them not to close it....that's awesome!
It was nice!! Not the rain part 🤣
Ok - so 19 lives is a lot - but what about the 793K of gold coins?
That is 26 gold box emojis - are you maxed out on all emojis already?

Max

I like to have enough coins on hand for when I need certain boost. Those sunshine boosts can deplete your coins quickly!!

As for the emojis--I am nowhere near maxed out on the gold ones. I do have all the silver & series I, II & III though!!
IMG_0748.PNG

IMG_0747.PNG

IMG_0749.PNG

IMG_0750.PNG

IMG_0751.PNG

Wow... I thought for sure I'd be able to read this whole TR... but you aren't finished yet... LOL
Nowhere near it!! Life keeps getting in the way!!
That cold rain is the worst and I really dislike having to buy a rain poncho or sweatshirt when I wasn't planning on it! I guess the good thing about the rain was that the lines seemed pretty short for the attractions!
And poor E had to buy 2!!
That was a plus--the lines were short!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

About this point J started complaining that his shoes were wet. I get it but what could we do? I mentioned to him that the rain gods did not seek just him out. His mood was starting to sour.
IMG_8959.JPEG

We decided to go our a favorite of his--Tomorrowland Speedway. That will put him in a good mood, right?
IMG_8960.JPEG

The socially distanced line was moving fast. As were we, right out of it. J decided that he didn't want to go on. In fact, he didn't want to go on anything else at that point!!
IMG_8962.JPEG

A mother trying to reason with her child....
IMG_8963.JPEG

It didn't happen b/c now not only was he complaining about his shoes but his bigger gripe was that his socks were wet & therefore his feet were too. We felt it was best for us to take a break & leave MK. As you can see from this picture it really wasn't pretty.
IMG_8973.JPEG

E went in search of socks for J while he & I went to get.....
IMG_8975.JPEG

jelly beans, of course!!
IMG_8977.JPEG

I always love looking at that display case!!
IMG_8978.JPEG

Jelly beans made him a bit happier. Notice the rain drops on his sweatshirt??🤣
IMG_8979.JPEG

We had looked on the app & saw some open reservations at The Grand Floridian Cafe so we thought it would be best to head there for lunch(& have a drink--gotta admit that we were all aggravated at that point), dry out a little then head back to MK for the rest of the day.
IMG_8980.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

While on the monorail J became a quick change artist.
IMG_8982.JPEG

There he is with his new socks on!!🤣🤣🤣 Yeah, they don't match his outfit in the least but at least they were dry!!
IMG_8983.JPEG

Poly construction.
IMG_8985.JPEG

And we arrived at The Grand Floridian!!
IMG_8986.JPEG

Is it really called "blunch" or is that a typo? I've just never heard of that term.
IMG_8989.JPEG

We approached the hostess stand & said that we saw available reservations on the app & we'd like a table. First off, she was not very nice. Second, she told us it would be at least an hour wait b/c there were no open tables. E & I were quite irritated and starting getting in the same mood J was in with his wet socks/shoes.
But, instead of arguing with her we walked away & did this.....
IMG_8990.PNG

Notice the time on my phone & the time of the reservation--not the hour she was claiming.

We tried to go in here but it was too early.
IMG_8991.JPEG

IMG_8993.PNG

We went outside to walk around a bit.
IMG_8995.JPEG

And at 12:01 we were called for our 12:10 reservation that we scored at 11:38 that hostess claimed wasn't available for an hour:rolleyes:
IMG_8996.PNG

slipperalwaysfits

It didn't happen b/c now not only was he complaining about his shoes but his bigger gripe was that his socks were wet & therefore his feet were too. We felt it was best for us to take a break & leave MK. As you can see from this picture it really wasn't pretty.
So sorry he was so grumpy in the rain. I hope the extra socks made him happier! when I'm prepared for the rain, I have a much better time!
I always love looking at that display case!!

I would go flippin' crazy with that rude lady at GFC. I know they are trained and I know they have a million people to deal with each day and some customers aren't so nice but if you have a reservation, then they should have been able to seat you in the first place! I'll have to take screenshots of my phone reservations this trip!

Rista1313

SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

While on the monorail J became a quick change artist.
View attachment 559826

There he is with his new socks on!!🤣🤣🤣 Yeah, they don't match his outfit in the least but at least they were dry!!
View attachment 559827

Poly construction.
View attachment 559828

And we arrived at The Grand Floridian!!
View attachment 559829

Is it really called "blunch" or is that a typo? I've just never heard of that term.
View attachment 559830

We approached the hostess stand & said that we saw available reservations on the app & we'd like a table. First off, she was not very nice. Second, she told us it would be at least an hour wait b/c there were no open tables. E & I were quite irritated and starting getting in the same mood J was in with his wet socks/shoes.
But, instead of arguing with her we walked away & did this.....
View attachment 559831
Notice the time on my phone & the time of the reservation--not the hour she was claiming.

We tried to go in here but it was too early.
View attachment 559832

View attachment 559833

We went outside to walk around a bit.
View attachment 559834

And at 12:01 we were called for our 12:10 reservation that we scored at 11:38 that hostess claimed wasn't available for an hour:rolleyes:
View attachment 559835
Wondering what kind of look you got when you came up to her podium with a confirmed reservation less than 25 minutes later.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
So sorry he was so grumpy in the rain. I hope the extra socks made him happier! when I'm prepared for the rain, I have a much better time!
He was happier with the socks, thank goodness!!
I would go flippin' crazy with that rude lady at GFC. I know they are trained and I know they have a million people to deal with each day and some customers aren't so nice but if you have a reservation, then they should have been able to seat you in the first place! I'll have to take screenshots of my phone reservations this trip!
She really irritated us!! It was unbelievable!!
Wondering what kind of look you got when you came up to her podium with a confirmed reservation less than 25 minutes later.
I know E & I had looks of(not that you could see them under the masks) "I told you so!!" Her eyes got pretty wide when we told her that we were there for our reservation!!
Poor J. I hate having wet socks too.
Agreed!! The rain did make for a rough start to the day!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

My oh my!! Doesn't this restaurant look crowded?? No wonder she said there were no reservations. :rolleyes:
IMG_8998.JPEG

First things first--E & I got something to calm our nerves!!
IMG_9001.JPEG

I took a couple of decor type pics. This was the first time I was eating here & I wanted to enjoy it even though it got off to a rough start.
IMG_9002.JPEG

IMG_9003.JPEG

I got some lobster burger. It was AMAZING!! So, so good!! The fries were excellent also!! They had some awesome seasoning on them. I'm actually not a fan of thick fries but these were super good!! I would highly recommend this meal!!
IMG_9004.JPEG

E is a huge fan of shrimp caesar salads so she got that. She said it was very good!!
IMG_9005.JPEG

J got a sandwich(can't remember what) with fruit. That kid really enjoys fruit!
IMG_9006.JPEG

While eating this photo showed up in MDE.
IMG_9007.JPG

Now you see him....
IMG_9008.JPEG

.....now you don't!!
IMG_9009.JPEG

He was playing hide & seek with us as we were leaving!!
Even though it started out bad it ended up being a great meal!! It was a well needed break & now we were heading back to MK!!

BwlrBry212

I got some lobster burger. It was AMAZING!! So, so good!! The fries were excellent also!! They had some awesome seasoning on them. I'm actually not a fan of thick fries but these were super good!! I would highly recommend this meal!!
That Lobster Thermador Burger is one of, if not, the best burger I have had in WDW. Last time I was there they had a fried mozzarella appetizer that was also outstanding!

slipperalwaysfits

YUM!!!! I've been looking at GFC and now that you say the fries are top-notch, I think I'll have to make a reservation!
Glad the meal helped take the edge off!

lindawdw

SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

My oh my!! Doesn't this restaurant look crowded?? No wonder she said there were no reservations. :rolleyes:
View attachment 560158

View attachment 560159

I took a couple of decor type pics. This was the first time I was eating here & I wanted to enjoy it even though it got off to a rough start.
View attachment 560160

View attachment 560161

View attachment 560162

E is a huge fan of shrimp caesar salads so she got that. She said it was very good!!
View attachment 560163

View attachment 560164

View attachment 560165

Now you see him....
View attachment 560166

.....now you don't!!
View attachment 560167
Even though it started out bad it ended up being a great meal!! It was a well needed break & now we were heading back to MK!!
That's so annoying that the hostess told you an hour wait when clearly it wasn't!!! We have eaten there many times and always enjoyed our meal too. The lobster burger was highly recommended to us by a good friend a few years ago. I love J's new Mickey socks and I'm so glad he was in a better mood after the socks and a lunch break. We all need those breaks sometimes when you have a rough start to the day!

Last edited:

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

View attachment 560158

View attachment 560159

View attachment 560160

View attachment 560161

View attachment 560162

View attachment 560163

View attachment 560164

View attachment 560165

Now you see him....
View attachment 560166

.....now you don't!!
View attachment 560167
Wow! Everything looks really delicious! This was on our "to do" list for our trip, but we never got around to it. Love adding stuff to my "Next Trip!" list! :cool:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Glad the meal ending up being a positive experience!
Thanks!! Me too!!
That Lobster Thermador Burger is one of, if not, the best burger I have had in WDW. Last time I was there they had a fried mozzarella appetizer that was also outstanding!
I would have to agree with you!! I'll have to try the appetizer next time!!
YUM!!!! I've been looking at GFC and now that you say the fries are top-notch, I think I'll have to make a reservation!
Glad the meal helped take the edge off!
It was just what we all needed!!
The seasoning on the fries definitely made them!!
Cool socks! plus they're dry.

Blunch?

That lobster burger looks awesome!
They were cool even though they didn't match in the least!!
I know--it had to be a typo!!
It was so good!!
That's so annoying that the hostess told you an hour wait when clearly it wasn't!!! We have eaten there many times and always enjoyed our meal too. The lobster burger was highly recommended to us by a good friend a few years ago. I love J's new Mickey socks and I'm so glad he was in a better mood after the socks and a lunch break. We all need those breaks sometimes when you have a rough start to the day!
The hostess definitely added to the frustration we were already feeling, unfortunately. I would get that burger again in a second--so, so good!! I'm glad we took the break. It was something we all needed!!
Wow! Everything looks really delicious! This was on our "to do" list for our trip, but we never got around to it. Love adding stuff to my "Next Trip!" list! :cool:
Everything was super good there!! I love adding new things to my trips also!!
That burger looks phenomenal! I definitely need to add it to my list of new foods to try. I have to admit that I’m glad you haven’t finished this report yet because I haven’t had much time to read TRs lately. Today was my last day of school so I can finally catch up!
You won't be disappointed!! Congrats on the last day of school!! Hopefully I can catch up with posting!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

MK--2nd try!!

A cavalcade was coming through went we first went in.
IMG_9010.JPEG

It was still very damp, dreary & cold so we headed inside for a family favorite!! Notice E is now wearing pants--she bought those after the sweatshirt b/c she was so cold.
IMG_9016.JPEG

Trying to get better with the selfies....but....
IMG_9017.JPEG

IMG_9019.JPEG

No privacy at all.....
IMG_9020.JPEG

J decided that he wanted to go on the Speedway after all so we went on that next.
IMG_9023.JPEG

And that was it!! It was mid afternoon & we really didn't do much but it was lousy so we decided to leave. E had something she needed to do for work also so we headed back.
IMG_9024.JPEG

See ya pal!!
IMG_9025.JPEG

A bus was waiting for us when we got there.
IMG_9027.JPEG

And we were assigned to the back--J's favorite!!
IMG_9028.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

We got back to The Yacht Club & E said her work would probably take a few hours. I asked J if he wanted to walk over to Epcot to see if we could get on Test Track since it had broke down while we were in line the day before.
IMG_9029.JPEG

J liked looking at the birds along the way.
IMG_9030.JPEG

IMG_9031.JPEG

Holy line!!
IMG_9032.JPEG

We went straight to Test Track. I wanted to get on it as quickly as possible for fear it would end up closing due to the weather.
IMG_9033.JPEG

We successfully got on!!
IMG_9037.JPEG

When we got off the ride J said he remembered us eating donuts there on our last trip. Unfortunately, they were closed so I told him he could get a snack somewhere else.
IMG_9034.JPEG

@Darstarr had asked me what PCB's were out currently so I snapped this pic & sent it to her.
IMG_9036.JPEG

We headed back to WS for a snack.
IMG_9039.JPEG

I had put on a sweatshirt before we went to Epcot. Thank goodness, it was a cold ride!!
IMG_9046.JPG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

J decided on Les Halles as our snack destination.
IMG_9040.JPEG

IMG_9041.JPEG

We ended up not eating the macaroons. We split the cookie instead & took the macaroons back for later.
IMG_9044.JPEG

IMG_9047.JPEG

We met E at Ale & Compass Lounge for dinner. None of us had ate there before so we were all excited to try something new!!
IMG_9048.JPEG

We decided to get a few appetizers first. We got the Roasted "Buffalo-style" Cauliflower and the Parker House Rolls and Spreads.
IMG_9049.JPEG

I can't remember what E got to drink but I got the Seaworthy Breeze.
IMG_9050.JPEG

We were sitting at a small table in the corner when you first walk in. Once the food came that table got kind of crowded!!
IMG_9051.JPEG

The cauliflower was great!!
IMG_9052.JPEG

So were the rolls & spreads. However, there was so much food & my sister & I were the only 2 eating b/c J wasn't hungry(I'm sure it had something to do with that cookie🤫). We ended up not ordering dinner b/c we were so full from the appetizers.
IMG_9053.JPEG

What we did have was very good & I look forward to going back again!! When we got done it was around 8 or so & it was time for bed!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom