Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisneyCane

What’s odd to me is why anyone cares if someone else wears a mask or not. Who cares?
I don't really "care" what other people do. I will say (as I posted months ago), that even though it makes no logical sense since I tend to be a germaphobe, seeing other people wearing masks makes me feel more uncomfortable. I realize that this is a completely ridiculous feeling to have and runs counter to any scientific evidence, but I get an uneasy reaction when I am around strangers wearing masks.

That said, I don't tell people (online or in person) not to wear them. If somebody wants to wear a mask or two or three and it makes them feel better, to each their own.

Chi84

Premium Member
The beauty of these vaccines is that they have given us an efficient and painless way to start minding our own business again. When asked about the "honor system," the CDC director said that if you're vaccinated, it's safe to take off the mask, but "If you're not vaccinated, that, again, is taking your responsibility for your own health into your own hands. And we would say protect yourself. We would recommend vaccination. And, if not, then I would recommend wearing a mask." The great majority of people who are not yet vaccinated have the ability to get vaccinated if they so choose.

People who are fully vaccinated can choose to wear a mask for a good reason, a bad reason, or no reason at all. As long as they are not hassling me to wear one, I couldn't care less what they do. It's totally their business.

GimpYancIent

A point of interest is the fact that pre-COVID19 adults were prohibited from wearing masks except for medical reasons, children could wear masks. I believe the reasoning was in reference to costume masks and to prevent adults from attempting to circumvent security surveillance by wearing face coverings. The medical clause was for what was believed to be a few infrequent exceptions. COVID19 threw all that out the window as masks, for medical reasons, became the standard and all the rest became irrelevant. NOW! masks "for medical reasons" are regressing back to the infrequent category. Is Disney going to revert to prohibiting adults from wearing masks as prescribed in the Disney policies (with the infrequent justified medical reason exception)?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I don't really "care" what other people do. I will say (as I posted months ago), that even though it makes no logical sense since I tend to be a germaphobe, seeing other people wearing masks makes me feel more uncomfortable. I realize that this is a completely ridiculous feeling to have and runs counter to any scientific evidence, but I get an uneasy reaction when I am around strangers wearing masks.

That said, I don't tell people (online or in person) not to wear them. If somebody wants to wear a mask or two or three and it makes them feel better, to each their own.

If people in masks make you unconformable you are free to hide in your basement while the rest of us go about our lives. ;)

DisneyCane

A point of interest is the fact that pre-COVID19 adults were prohibited from wearing masks except for medical reasons, children could wear masks. I believe the reasoning was in reference to costume masks and to prevent adults from attempting to circumvent security surveillance by wearing face coverings. The medical clause was for what was believed to be a few infrequent exceptions. COVID19 threw all that out the window as masks, for medical reasons, became the standard and all the rest became irrelevant. NOW! masks "for medical reasons" are regressing back to the infrequent category. Is Disney going to revert to prohibiting adults from wearing masks as prescribed in the Disney policies (with the infrequent justified medical reason exception)?
Along the same lines, my bank branches have signs that say to remove hats and sunglasses upon entry for security reasons. I always thought the sign was stupid because if somebody was going to rob the bank, they wouldn't obey the sign. With COVID, it became more pointless when the "masks required for service" sign was placed next to it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Nowhere in the Disney policy did they say masks for medical purposes has to be infrequent. The policy states that masks may be worn for medical purposes. It specifically prohibits adults from wearing costume masks. There is an obvious difference between someone wearing a surgical mask and someone wearing a full Darth Vader helmet. I wouldn’t expect any change going forward to the policy. If someone wears a face covering related to covid or even during flu season going forward that‘s clearly for a medical reason so doesn‘t violate the policy.

RobbinsDad

This seems extremely unlikely, at least in the next 2-3 years. Especially if Disney has an inventory of themed masks to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom