News Contemporary Refurbishment--April to Sept 2021

peter11435

I really hope they don’t go overboard with the Incredibles theming. The curtains the other site poste look ridiculous.
The contemporary truly should see a Disneyland hotel style refurbishment. Only instead of Disneyland heritage it should focus on the Florida project and WDW history. Enabling the resorts theme, location, monorail, retro architecture, and even the iconic mural to create one cohesive design.

peter11435

1000000000000% agree
Imagine walls filled with original concept art by Ryman, Davis, Blair, etc.. The iconic mural enhanced with modern lighting. Display cases in halls, lobbies, and common areas featuring models and historical artifacts from the resorts past. Could you imagine how much some of us would pay for immersive suites on the top floor themed to original lands and attractions. Maybe even an Epcot center suite.

Mr. Moderate

The contemporary truly should see a Disneyland hotel style refurbishment. Only instead of Disneyland heritage it should focus on the Florida project and WDW history. Enabling the resorts theme, location, monorail, retro architecture, and even the iconic mural to create one cohesive design.
I have thought and said this many times over the years and well done! I know in my heart if Disney was to go retro and focus on what you said above, the response would be overwhelming positive and would breathe new life in this historic WDW resort. I have been to the Disneyland hotel and love the refurbishment that was done and it paid tribute to the early days of DL.

In the case of the Contemporary, I often imagine pictures in the room and throughout the resort that show the early stages of the project, along with the doing a cool retro of the rooms with a late 60's to early 70's vibe. Also a well done reproduction of the map of WDW back then that was hanging in the rooms and go for big dollars on eBay. By going back in time and borrowing some of the styling and bringing it forward, I feel strongly that it would be a big hit. IMHO, Disney is missing out by not doing this to one of their legacy properties.

Mr. Moderate

Imagine walls filled with original concept art by Ryman, Davis, Blair, etc.. The iconic mural enhanced with modern lighting. Display cases in halls, lobbies, and common areas featuring models and historical artifacts from the resorts past. Could you imagine how much some of us would pay for immersive suites on the top floor themed to original lands and attractions. Maybe even an Epcot center suite.
Exactly! This is what I have envisioned ever since seeing the remodel of the Disneyland hotel and I know this would be a game changer for the Contemporary.

JMcMahonEsq

It is looking more and more like they are going with the rooms that they tested back in 2019. That curtain looks awfully familiar and if they went with the rest of the room.....don’t eat a big meal before looking at them😩

Skywise

The more pictures I see of the Fantasia gift shop taking up so much room in the concourse, the more certain I am that it has to go. I have a reservation in October in the tower and I'm hoping the new rooms aren't going to be as bad as I think they will be and I'm kind of worried.
It's an interesting area - I agree that the store should go but if you take it out it's a lot of unusable space. You can't really put another restaurant there and you KNOW they're not going to just make it decorative because that doesn't make $$$!

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
People will like the rooms more, honestly. People weren’t huge fans of the decor. Location and monorail was the selling point. People like “more Disney”...
It is Disney World. More Disney is unlikely to draw complaints

Everyone has been kvetching on these boards for a decade about how they’ve neutered the rooms and made them all into Hampton Inn rooms* well now they’re making them more Disney.

*of course the Hampton Inn brand standards have recommended a Microwave and required a desk for almost 30 years now, so who really has the nicer rooms...

ToTBellHop

Everyone has been kvetching on these boards for a decade about how they’ve neutered the rooms and made them all into Hampton Inn rooms* well now they’re making them more Disney.

*of course the Hampton Inn brand standards have recommended a Microwave and required a desk for almost 30 years now, so who really has the nicer rooms...
And free waffles*!

*but not during COVID-19

Touchdown

Contemporary has a desk in the room.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom