Trip Report Shookie's Family Four Pack...Plus Two (I think that equals six)

Hey Everyone –

My daughter convinced me to jump back into the TR game.

She says this is going to be an epic trip, and I must agree.

It is the first time the family 4 pack is back together in almost three years (wooHOO)!

It's going to be our longest WDW/Uni Vacation ever (almost thirteen full days)!

Even more exciting?? We’ve got a couple of new (newbees) players in the game AND my daughter said she would help me along with the TR, so how can I not??

What I will be submitting for your approval is a

• 1 Pre-Trip Report
  • 1 Live Trip Report

A regular old trip report seems like it MIGHT be too much work, but we will see.

Let’s start with this PTR and see where it takes us.

We are less than 2 weeks away from our “Epic Trip” so I probably shouldn’t waste anymore time.

Let’s get rolling.

The Players:

Shookie, Mrs. Shookie, Son, Daughter...and their other halves!
We've always been park commandos, squeeze every little bit out of our vacation type family, so this will be a true test for our kid's other halves. I should probably warn them...but what fun would that be?

The pressure is on.

Anyway - here we are:

Daughter: Avery (25)
1619047954061.png

Son: Pace (21)

1619047969523.png

Shookie & Wife: Enzo & Tina (50 something old people)

1619047982113.png

All of us together on the last trip in 2018 last time we went as the family four-pack

1619048014511.png

And introducing our two new players:

(My Daughter &) Boyfriend: Chris
1619048027780.png

(My Son &) Girlfriend: Jill

1619048039548.png

Both Chris and Jill have been to WDW when they were young, minus a quick 4 day trip Avery and Chris took in August 2019 (That picture above is from that trip) anyway they're basically WDW newbs. Well as newb as you can be living in this household. These kids have been subjected to all things WDW since the day they started dating our kids.

Here is someone that is part of our immediate family that won’t be making trip with us.

Meet Chewbacca:

1619048117502.png

I think he may have sensed he was NOT going to be part of this trip because yesterday he decided to take a little trip of his own.

First let me just let you in on something. My wife worries about that dog like you would not believe. She worries about EVERYTHING with him. What he eats, what he doesn’t eat, is he sleeping ok, Is he hot is he cold, is his fur too short, too long, did he have bowel movement? It drives the household crazy.

Of course, when I first decided I wanted to start taking him for rides in the car she yelled after me “hold onto him, he's going to jump out the window”
I laughed at her and said, “come on, what kind of dog would do that?” Well, I know what kind of dog would do that now.

The kind of dog I own. The kind of dog that goes by the name of Chewbacca.

Chewie and I usually cruise around our neighborhood or out to get gas right down the street. He’s just starting to get used to the car and honestly beside tug of war with his rope toys, these rides are part of how we bond.

I will keep the window down and he’ll occasionally pop his head out. But usually just sits on my lap. Well yesterday I was pulling up to our house after our trip and I saw my neighbor.
So I waved hello, well apparently Chewie wanted to say “hi” too, so he jumped out the window of our CRV.

Yup. You read correctly he jumped out of a moving vehicle. He tried to land on his feet, but from that height with the car moving it kind of turned into a barrel roll/chest plant sort thing…I don’t know how he’s alive or how in the world he doesn’t have any broken bones, I just don’t know.

He did get the wind knocked out of him, but THAT’S IT. He got up and tried walking up the sidewalk to our house, but I tentatively picked him up waiting for him to yelp because his ribs were shattered or maybe his leg would be hanging there limp, I don't know, but there was nothing wrong with the dog. I don’t get it.

I am grateful as heck but I just don’t get it. My neighbor sat there with her mouth agape. We both couldn’t believe what happened.

Yikes - I would NEVER have forgiven myself. My wife would have never forgiven me that's for sure.
This PTR would have been titled "Shookie's Solo Trip to the Doghouse, and Other Tales of Woe"

Did I mention I am grateful? Wow.

Sorry, I digress……back to my PTR.

The Dates

May 2nd – 14th

The Plan:

• 1 Night at an offsite hotel
  • 2 Nights 3 Days at Universal Royal Pacific
  • 8 Nights 9 Days at WDW (gotta save the best for last right?) Wilderness Lodge Boulder Ridge Villas
  • 1 Night at an offsite hotel

The Breakdown:

• May 2nd- Flying into MCO late afternoon. Shopping for snacks and beverages and staying at a cheap hotel acquired via Priceline.
    • Dinner: Maybe somewhere at DS

• May 3rd– Checking into Royal Pacific at Universal first thing in the AM hitting the parks. IOA\US
    • Dinner at Mythos

• May 4th– Volcano Bay\US
    • Dinner at CowFish

• May 5th– Getting up early and trying to get boarding pass for ROTR – If this doesn’t work out, we’ll spend the day IOA\US. Head to WDW check in and MAYBE hit EPCOT
    • If we do get ROTR we will plan our day based around our boarding group, but it will of course involve heading to DHS and then POSSIBLY back to Uni for a couple of hours to touch on anything we may have missed. At some point, during this crazy day check into the WL

• May 6th– Our first full day at the World. We’re kicking it off with MK and hopping to EP
    • Dinner: Biergarten

• May 7th– AK and hopping to MK
    • Dinner: Liberty Tree Tavern

• May 8th- DHS – Don’t know where we are hopping to but we are making a stop at Olga’s Cantina
    • Dinner Sanaa

• May 9th- We have a DHS Park pass but this is a safety net in case we miss (knock on wood) ROTR
    • Dinner: California Grill

• May 10th- Park pass for DHS –This was real DHS day – We’re scheduled to build a droid or two. We effed up on the light sabers. – More about that later
    • Dinner: Garden Grill

• May 11th– Park pass for MK – Hopping to DHS
    • Dinner: Prime Time

• May 12th– Park pass for AK – Hopping to ???
    • Dinner: Tiffins

• May 13th- Park Pass for MK – hopping to ???
    • Dinner: The Wave
    • Staying at a cheap hotel acquired via Priceline

• May 14th - Departure day – Our flight home was originally first thing in the morning. It has since changed to an evening flight home so we’ll figure out something to do this day. Maybe DS who knows.

A couple of quick notes. I've always been the trip planner, my daughter has since started helping me out and she's pretty darn good at it too. Well the two of us had booked this trip last May then rebooked for July, then rebooked again...at some point we had made reservations at Savi's Workshop.

I say "at some point" because we BOTH thought we had it booked for this time around...Well that wasn't the case.
It slipped out minds...and we realized the other day that we missed out. We'll keep trying and see what happens, but like my daughter's boyfriend, Chris said,

"If we can't get in this trip, it will give us an excuse to go next year" << The kid is learning!

Anyway. Trip starts in T-minus 11 days.

I will be spending the next few days getting everything in order here at home. Believe it or not, I am fully packed.

To answer your question: Yes there is something wrong with me.

Speaking of packing. My last PTR was in 2016. At the time I included this pick of my brand-new luggage

1619049398146.png
1619049405427.png

I probably should post a side-by-side pick of me then and now too…hahahaha
I'll tell you what: that beat up luggage has fared a lot better than I have.

I will add anything I think of between now and then, but I should probably just leave you all alone for now because LTR is coming next. And you're going to be seeing plenty of us in 11, 10, 9, 8……

Attachments

• 1619049338044.png
    1619049338044.png
    194 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

MickeyCB

I am thinking is this it? Am I going to look at this photo, with all of us together, smiling and long to be back in that moment?
I get it totally!! And agree that it definitely is more pronounced as you get older because you know in fact things can change.
And it's so wonderful that despite going every year you are able to appreciate the wonderfullness (I'm sure that's a real word) of a Disney trip and haven't become bored or jaded with it all.
And I thought this was an excellent trip report and loved following along. Thank you for taking the time and effort to post.

ShookieJones

We need time for things to happen.
Original Poster
Ok back as promised\warned for some final observations.

I am going to try to reply to a few comments and questions from the TR as well. If you had a question or comment or if I missed mentioning you below, I am sorry! DM me and we can chat about what an inconsiderate jerk I am and I will still answer your question or we can just chat!

Inception - Thanks to who ever started (I think it was @amjt660 or @Loco_driver) and then everyone who played along with that little "Inception" version of this trip report, inside a trip report, inside a trip report, inside the trip report....it was HILARIOUS and it actually made my awesome day even better!

Beverages - I didn't get to enjoy as many delicious libations as I had planned\on my list, but I did find one surprise! Yes @Darstarr , I love this beer too. I am going on search for it this weekend. I will let you know if I find it.

I love that beer!!
I have been searching for it without luck. I even have my BIL, who is in the business, searching for it. 🤞
On a beer and Hollywood studios note, I love Oga’s gold squadron lager and it is brewed by Blue Point brewery which is 20 minutes or so from my house but I can’t get it! (“Disney only!😖”)But, on May the Fourth they offered it for sale to the public. Alas, I found out at 8:00pm and was unable to get a growler or two or four. Dang it!!!
Have a great day @ShookieJones and co.
Not getting to everything on my drinking list, just means I have to go back.

Royal Pacific Resort - One of the best theme park resorts we've stayed out. Beautiful, clean, excellent staff. Sure it's a deluxe resort, but it's cheaper than all WDW deluxe resorts, in some cases cheaper than some moderates, walking distance to the parks and best of all? Express Pass.
If you're planning a stay at Universal, and you can afford it, this to me is THE place to stay.

Wilderness Lodge - Again one of the the best if NOT the BEST theme park resorts we've stayed at. This one and the Poly always go back in forth between 1 and 2 on my list. Stunning. Just stunning. I am truly wowed every time I stay or visit this place. It's perfect in almost every way....except....

Wilderness Lodge Merchandise -What's the deal here people? What's the aversion to having a coffee cup with "Wilderness Lodge" printed on it? How about a T-shirt? Last time we stayed here I got skunked. They had nothing. This time around I found a 3 quarter length baseball tee, that I liked, but honestly, was 'forced' to buy because they didn't have regular branded t-shirts. Am I the ONLY person who loves having a t-shirt and or/coffee cup from the resorts I stay at? Am I a weirdo..!?? Don't answer that...Just tell me what the deal is here!!??

Volcano Bay - WDW water parks!??......shots fired. This place is a blast. The theming is on point with Typhoon Lagoon and the Tapu Tapu is a game changer. We gave up a theme park day to stay here all day. We've never done that --- ever. Everyone chip in and get the cabanas - I won't do any water park any other way...ever. Worth every single penny. @TheMouseFan - Your stay at Cabana Bay and just visiting Volcano Bay, sounds...PERFECT.

US | IOA - Would I be visiting every single year without the WWoHP and the accompanying attractions? Probably not. But Mummy, JPRA, Ripsaw Falls, Spiderman and Kong are all amazing rides in their own right, enjoyed with Express Pass? Even better.

I do have to say though "screen fatigue" is a real thing. I am no pixie duster and I am no doom and gloomer, but the truth is the truth. Although screens are certainly here to stay, you have to have a mix! A good balance to make it all be a great theme park experience. I think WDW has a great balance but right now Universal is leaning a little heavy on them there screens. With all that being said, at the moment Universal is still part of our theme park plans when we visit Orlando. ;)

ROTR - Best attraction anywhere, ever. A masterpiece that absolutely lives up to the hype, immersive, top notch effects, 3 rides in one, you name it they have it.

Hmm.....I am hesitant to say this but...now that I am safely home and not needing to (or being able to) ride the best ride in the world........................................The boarding groups were not hard to get at all.😂

I don't know if there is a bit of hubris in that comment or if I was fortunate as he!!, but I can tell you this:

If you make sure:

1. Your cell connection is at least good.
  2. Close all other apps on your phone except MDE
  3. Open the MDE app up and get to the join queue screen and keep refreshing
  4. Use World Clock to count down to that very second 6:59:59
  5. Hit Join
  6. Hit Next

You will be able to get a boarding pass. Again, I could have been stupid lucky or I could be an idiot (HUGE chance I am both those things), but we nailed it every time, and I think with these simple rules you will too. Hope this helps anyone out that is going soon and trying. If you don't get on the ride, IM me and light me up, I can take it. ;)

Tom Sawyer Island - I didn't realize how much I appreciate this plot of land. I always had an affinity for it, but I certainly never visited it enough. If anything in that beautiful wonderful park known as the MK has remained virtually untouched and closest to my childhood memory it's that place (along with the Frontierland Shooting Gallery). And I am extremely grateful to be able to tap into that nostalgia or as the kids like to say "dem feels". Do the kids even say that anymore? Probably not.

POTC - This attraction seemed to pretty livened up, all the effects, audio, visual and smell were all spot on. Has anyone noticed the spiced rum smell at the drunk/cat scene?? Never noticed that but it was such an unexpected and added treat.

I don't know why, but I've always been enamored by this little ship. In person it creates such a neat effect to me. Glad you got a picture of it, as I've never been able to.
And enjoying the rest of your trip report, as well.
Yes, Yes, Yes! Me too!!! That's exactly what I saying to Pace when he said "hey dad look" and I turned around while standing in the queue. I don't know why I've never seen it from that vantage point. I've only ever noticed it from the boat just before take off, but while waiting to load from the right queue it was RIGHT there.

That along with a few other scenes on POTC are ingrained in my memory from my visits with my Dad. I had to snap that pic.

TTA - Man o' man. I couldn't have been more happy to have this back up and running. This is one of those attractions I HAVE to ride, or my trip doesn't feel complete. It embodies just about everything 'Walt Disney' to me. I just love it. I got a sweet shirt to commemorate it too.

Crystal Palace (Dinner) - Do it! While they're still in this non-buffet format. Just do It! Great food, great value (by WDW standards) and probably the best meal of entire trip. They didn't really advertise the "all you care to eat" aspect of this meal, and honestly it's necessary, but who's going to say no to a couple rounds of prime rib or blackened catfish and shrimp? Uhhh..yeah, not me.

Gideons Bake Shop - Having the virtual queue made this a good all around experience, use the virtual queue and enjoy a giant cookie. What I forgot to mention in the LTR was I also had their Peanut Butter Cold Brew. It's pretty delicious. I am big fan of peanut butter and dig that flavor in just about anything EXCEPT my whiskey, but if you're a fan of coffee and peanut butter, this is a pretty delicious beverage.

WDW COVID Experience - I was reluctant to go when they first opened back up! No not because of the the masks - They're not that big of deal to me honestly. I was concerned about the overall experience though. The value of that experience. They were closing parks super early, not all the resorts being open....etc. etc. I had to at LEAST wait until park hopping was allowed. That was my 'line in the sand' so to speak. All in all It ended up being pretty on par with all my other pre COVID trips!

I did miss one thing though... Ohana That restaurant to me is a HUGE part of our WDW vacation. I know that sounds stupid, but because we're so "go, go, go". Our dinners are important to us for that relax and enjoy time. Ohana to me is the most WDW meal there is. I missed it for sure.

on that COVID experience note though...

Cast Members - These folks seem to have been pushed to their limits and unfortunately for everyone - it shows. We've come across very FEW 'eh' CMs over the years, but two or more in one trip is unheard of. That was this case this year.

Our dinner at California Grill was less than awesome because the CM was a crotchety curmudgeon who wouldn't have passed muster at overnight shift at truck stop Cracker Barrel. NOTE*** Any vegetarians planning on eating there, stay away from the cauliflower pasta. That is unless you've eaten something produced by your kids Play-doh Factory, and thought "Wow this is delicious!"

For what it's worth, I got into a conversation with one CM (a leader). I had to ask her a question and then after, I thanked her for taking time and for putting up with my dumb question she said,
"It's ok it wasn't stupid and nothing can bother me, I just put in my two weeks notice, along with 20 other of us"

Apparently there is some mass exodus that was about to happen!!??? Who knows, she could have been exaggerating or disgruntled, but she also added,
"No one knows anything around here, about their future here, no one tells us anything, I am going to work for Lowe's at Cabana Bay, the pay is better and there is room for growth"

I have gathered by what's been happening that the CMs have got the short end of the stick. I can see how this happens, it stinks and I hope things get better for them all the way around. I know a couple of CMs personally, and they love their jobs and do them well. Whatever the case WDW always has the best of the best working for them and that's always been our experience. This is an odd time for everyone and WDW employees are not immune (pardon the pun) to the situation.

My kid's other halves - They 100% passed the test! LOL! As mentioned before our family is a bunch of ABSOLUTE maniacs when it comes to WDW. We go hard from morning until night and we don't let up. I know we're nuts and I know how we're perceived. Anyone that not only puts up with this but actually joins in on the fun? Well they're A-OK by us. Heck I married the last person who saw that monster and said "Sure why not". So I don't know if Jill and Chris are reading this, but kids, as far as we're concerned you're both family material (if you'll have us that is, LOL). In all seriousness Jill and Chris were not only part of the action, but they often spurred it on!

WDW Vacations and the people who judge us for going on them - If you're a member here on this site, or go to WDW more than once in your life, you're bound to get Disney shamed 😂 .

You know the drill:

"You're going there AGAIN!!!??"
"Do you really like doing the same thing over and over again"
"How can you stand the crowds!!??"

We got some version of this a minimum of 5 times before this trip.

This attitude perplexes me. I have so many friends that I know that consistently return to Newport, RI, a cabin on some random lake in New Hampshire or Maine, A weekend trip to New York City, A cottage in Cape Cod, or a family reunion in East Bumtuck Idaho.
Whatever the case, I have never ONCE said to them "You're going there again!!???" "Don't you get bored with the same old thing!!?"

First of all, I don't care where you choose to go on your vacation! If it truly makes you happy, have at it!!! If you're my friend, I promise I will be happy for you whatever it is you choose to do.

Second of all, if I did care where you went on vacation, I would ask you about it, as I do with all my friends, because who knows they may tell me something about that place or adventure I may want to experience myself! It's happened! I swear. I don't JUST go to WDW. LOL.

My point here is that if someone took two seconds out to not judge me for visiting WDW for the 20th time. If they just took time to ask what my WDW vacation was like they would find out that:

• My vacation was NOT filled with long lines and sweaty screaming kids,
  • I enjoyed world class meals and delicious libations from around the world,
  • I devoured sweets that were as guiltily delicious as your favorite carnival fair or that rival the finest pastry shops,
  • I was surrounded by nature, and treated to some of the finest sunrises I've ever seen.
  • I have seen nearly broadway level shows,
  • I sat in the most unique settings, listening to some of the most incredible live music played by top notch musicians.
  • I am treated like a VIP by almost every single CM I meet or have interactions with.
  • I have done or experienced at LEAST one new thing on every single one of my trips.

But the most important thing to understand about why I go back, again and again is that:

For me and my family, it's Guaranteed HAPPINESS. That's what I pay for, that's why I go every single year. Guaranteed HAPPINESS.

I KNOW with 100% certainty that I can plan every moment of the entire vacation and my kids and wife won't complain about where we are staying, what we do, what and where we eat, what ride we're going on, we just go and have fun, fun, fun and more fun the whole time enjoying each others company.

I KNOW with 100% certainty that the elusive feeling of being young again, of recreating those family moments when everything is just absolutely perfect is there for the taking.

Who in their right mind knowing they can have that, would say "Nah, no thanks, I will take a chance on visiting Big Bertha's Yarn Museum"

Is it expensive? Yup, you bet.
Is it worth, every single penny? HE!! Yeah it is.

I wouldn't trade my WDW for all the money (or bitcoin) in the world. Simple as that.

So that's my two cents, any complaints that may have been voiced are strictly conversational and coming from a dude who is so super lucky and appreciative of what he has and by no means from a place of disdain or true concern. These are truly first world problems people and don't matter in the scheme of things at all.

Any praise I applied is my personal opinion and viewpoint, my 'two cents' your mileage may vary. ;)

Ok that's it! I swear. Until next time I bid you all farewell and one last.....

"Thank You" to everyone below for doing one of the following:​

1. Following along,​

2. Commenting​

3. DMing me with a personal message​

4. Asking great questions​

5. Putting together an amazing/inspiring TR of your own! Those got me across the finish line to my own (@Tuvalu @Loco_driver @littleroo @lostpro9het @Darstarr ).​

And for those who did all of the above: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you & Thank you! I am going to try and tag everyone. Sorry if I missed anyone. Also sorry this is bold, I cannot remove the formatting. LOL.​

@Loco_driver

@fractal

@Tuvalu

@PacNWTigger

@KellBelle

@Darstarr

@cgersic

@Darstarr

@Sillysidewalker

@krisri18

@TheMouseFan

@Master Yoda

@Songbird76

@MinnieM123

@littleroo

@PolynesianPrinces

@amjt660

@BigDis

@Disstevefan1

@Swissmiss

@joshsprincess921

@Zipitidoda

@coachwnh

@Katiekitten

@krause

@donaldtoo

@RememberWhen

@macefamily

@fizzieee

@DAKOTADISNEY

@ajrwdwgirl

@Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

@BwlrBry212

@senor_jorge

@The4mousekeeter

@Bullseye1967

@Disstevefan1

@Swissmiss

@John Dulmage

@Skibum1970

@lostpro9het

ShookieJones

Original Poster
Looks like you had a great trip and I am glad that you liked the meal at Crystal Palace! Did you have Miss Vickie as your server? She was just as delightful as the food for us.
Oh I meant to point out that your experience and a Vlogger we follow both convinced us to change one of our ressies to CP..sooooo for that THANK YOU! We did not have Miss Vickie, but our server was very nice and efficient.

ShookieJones

Original Poster
My adopted fox hound - we had him for six weeks. Had him in the car taking him to a dog park, he jumped out of the window of my car and SPLAT. That was the sound - but he was fine. A little slower the next day.
Glad to hear your pooch landed safely as well. CRAZY!

meggo819

Thanks for a fun live report!

Inception - Thanks to who ever started (I think it was @amjt660 or @Loco_driver) and then everyone who played along with that little "Inception" version of this trip report, inside a trip report, inside a trip report, inside the trip report....it was HILARIOUS and it actually made my awesome day even better!
YES! This was hilarious!
Am I the ONLY person who loves having a t-shirt and or/coffee cup from the resorts I stay at?
Nope, I think that's totally reasonable. My husband and I went to Disneyland Paris a few years ago and he was very disappointed to not find any Star Wars souvenirs that were specific to Paris in any way.

BigDis

Your final observations are phenomenal! It is obvious that you put a lot of thought and effort into your comments. They are very helpful for those of us planning our next trip. Thanks for the shout out to all of us who followed along on your incredible journey. I had to laugh at your comments regarding your "kid's other halves." We have 3 children and our oldest is now married. Her husband has joined us on our last two trips to Disney World (once before they got married and once after) and is into it as much as the rest of us. I always joke with him that how he handled that first trip with us was a test to determine if we would welcome him into the family. He passed the test with flying colors!

Loco_driver

Has anyone noticed the spiced rum smell at the drunk/cat scene?? Never noticed that but it was such an unexpected and added treat.
That’s my favorite part of the ride!

Thanks for a great report. I had a blast killing a little time at work following along. I absolutely agree with all your thoughts and observations, especially about missing ohana, and about how GREAT royal pacific is. I’ve been lucky that most have my family and friends have quit “Disney shaming” me, and now mostly ask for help planning their own WDW vacations!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Shookie, excellent observations! You shared a balanced view of the highs and lows, and happy to read that most of the trip was on an upbeat level for you and your family! :)

Down through the years, I've thought that both Wilderness Lodge and AKL had the best hotel gift shops. That was disappointing that you could not find your favorite types of souvenirs in the WL gift shop this time. (I think many of the gift shops in the past 8-10 years have cut back on some of their more personalized/resort specific, designs and gone more generic. This is not true for everything, but for a number of item it has, from my own observations, and from what I've read.)

Curious about your observations at the QS locations. I know you ordered your lunch, etc., from your phone ahead of time. Did you happen to see any people ordering at the counter, and paying at registers like before? I'm really wondering if some people who may have intermittend phone issues, or don't carry a phone, have another way to buy QS food in the parks. Maybe an in-park kiosk for those instances?

ShookieJones

Original Poster
Shookie, excellent observations! You shared a balanced view of the highs and lows, and happy to read that most of the trip was on an upbeat level for you and your family! :)

Down through the years, I've thought that both Wilderness Lodge and AKL had the best hotel gift shops. That was disappointing that you could not find your favorite types of souvenirs in the WL gift shop this time. (I think many of the gift shops in the past 8-10 years have cut back on some of their more personalized/resort specific, designs and gone more generic. This is not true for everything, but for a number of item it has, from my own observations, and from what I've read.)

Curious about your observations at the QS locations. I know you ordered your lunch, etc., from your phone ahead of time. Did you happen to see any people ordering at the counter, and paying at registers like before? I'm really wondering if some people who may have intermittend phone issues, or don't carry a phone, have another way to buy QS food in the parks. Maybe an in-park kiosk for those instance.

So I will say this -- Mobile Ordering was especially awesome on this trip. It not only was super convenient, but took all of the stress out of the QS game. Pet Peeve Alert - "Seat Savers" ruin the whole QS 'system. If a person is 30 spots behind me in line and one of their party of 4 goes and saves a seat while they wait in line, when I come out with my family trays loaded with food and that saver is sitting in a spot where we could sit, eat relax and be long gone by the time that family gets to the register and orders.

I digress! Mobile ordering was the standard at every place we ate across the parks, and it worked famously and flawlessly.
I didn't notice that they had CMs at the doors asking if you had mobile ordered and were helping people with the app that had not.

Now with that being said, if someone doesn't have a phone or the person refuses to use it, I am POSITIVE that if they don’t have a regular old line that a CM would find a way to either order for you or direct you to an area to order. Disney will not risk not having another option to get your hard earned cash!! 🤣🤣 Also - I am thinking the QS ONLY thing may have been a COVID thing. They may loosen this up a bit an open registers back up now that restrictions are being lifted.

Another note / tip - when checking in at sit down restaurants do not perform Check in process until you are within earshot of the restaurant. They react instantly to the check in and will give your seat away, if you don’t answer.
We were at about Casey’s when I checked in at CP and when we got there, the hostess said she had just been calling our names and was about to give our table away.

Next place I checked in we were about 10 min early. I was right there and no sooner had I clicked the check in they were calling our name, so be aware!

As far as WL merchandise, this was a 2nd stay there and the same thing happened last time. I noticed this at the Polynesian when we stayed there as well. Maybe I've just been unlucky when it comes to this! I would love to see other folks WL and Poly gear if it's out there!

ShookieJones

Original Poster
That’s my favorite part of the ride!
Dude seriously! Has this smell ALWAYS been a part of the ride? I mentioned and both my daughter and wife were like "wow I n ever noticed that before" This is through masks!!! Is this recent or are we we tripping!?? :p

Thanks for a great report. I had a blast killing a little time at work following along. I absolutely agree with all your thoughts and observations, especially about missing ohana, and about how GREAT royal pacific is. I’ve been lucky that most have my family and friends have quit “Disney shaming” me, and now mostly ask for help planning their own WDW vacations!
Glad you enjoyed it!

Maybe we have to wait another 10 years going for people to lay off, I am up for the challenge!

Some of these comments come from some of our closest friends. It doesn't bother me because I will just give the speech version of the wall of words I laid out above. People tend to not say much after that, but this time around my wife and daughter both told me they were hearing it directly from our friends and family, albeit not within ear shot of me. ;) She says she just ignores them.
I can't do that. HAHAHAHAHA...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom