D23 Epcot Forever Poster Series

projectgamma

I'm still shocked they went for Moana over Kitchen Kabaret. I feel like the latter would've sold better. Ditto on Wonders of Life and Universe of Energy, I know for sure I would've bought Energy.
As a joke, they probably listened to all the complaints on twitter about not rereleasing Moana. Truth is, it is the only new addition coming to world nature so they had to rerelease it. I am with you on buying Energy. It is one of three I really hoped they would remake in the new serigraph from.

Last edited:

projectgamma

As a joke, they probably listened to all the complaints on twitter on rereleasing Moana. Truth is, it is the only new addition coming to world nature so they had to rerelease it. I am with you on buying Energy. It is one of three I really hoped they would remake in the new serigraph from.
On a side note, I would have never chose to make that the first one to be remade. It is just a distraction that does not do justice to the rereleases.

trainplane3

As a joke, they probably listened to all the complaints on twitter on rereleasing Moana. Truth is, it is the only new addition coming to world nature so they had to rerelease it. I am with you on buying Energy. It is one of three I really hoped they would remake in the new serigraph from.
Basically that. Still glad they went with Living Seas over Nemo. Though there was a push for Nemo initially.

About why the Wonders of Life pictures are bad: WDI didn't handle them. It was thought they'd handle pictures starting with Land and Seas but it went back to ShopDisney (and we can tell how little they care). Disappointing.

Anyways, watch the horizon.

projectgamma

Though there was a push for Nemo initially.

About why the Wonders of Life pictures are bad: WDI didn't handle them. It was thought they'd handle pictures starting with Land and Seas but it went back to ShopDisney (and we can tell how little they care). Disappointing.
I have always called Disney, Yensid, for years. Over the years, they have taken too many steps backwards they they forget the guest experience. If they went with Nemo and not the Seas, hardly anyone would buy it. They are pushing too hard in the wrong direction. While I am glad they are rereleasing them, their choices still continue to go backwards that they never thought what would the guest want when they were deciding these.

trainplane3

I have always called Disney, Yensid, for years. Over the years, they have taken too many steps backwards they they forget the guest experience. If they went with Nemo and not the Seas, hardly anyone would buy it. They are pushing too hard in the wrong direction. While I am glad they are rereleasing them, their choices still continue to go backwards that they never thought what would the guest want when they were deciding these.
So to be clear, they aren't selling thousands of these (like most art pieces Disney releases). I'd consider it a comfortable amount but still coming up short of expectations. People like the originals because of the numbers and low runs but I'd argue these are just as limited as the originals. But there's no numbers to prove it publicly and without those little silver numbers on them, no one would believe me anyways. I'd imagine Nemo would get a little over a 100 so the shift to Living Seas very smart move.

I'm hopeful the next two for World Discovery can match Land and Seas. I expect the one to get close at least.

projectgamma

So to be clear, they aren't selling thousands of these (like most art pieces Disney releases). I'd consider it a comfortable amount but still coming up short of expectations. People like the originals because of the numbers and low runs but I'd argue these are just as limited as the originals. But there's no numbers to prove it publicly and without those little silver numbers on them, no one would believe me anyways. I'd imagine Nemo would get a little over a 100 so the shift to Living Seas very smart move.

I'm hopeful the next two for World Discovery can match Land and Seas. I expect the one to get close at least.
I agree. I just have a hard time understanding Disney at all even beyond the serigraph choices. Its like they have no idea what can make them money.

DaleRichMI

So, for those of you who got some of the original, numbered serigraphs and also the re-releases, which do you like more? I have a WoL numbered version and have been considering whether to replace it with the new one, based on feedback that the new ones have richer color, etc. Any thoughts from the group?

trainplane3

So, for those of you who got some of the original, numbered serigraphs and also the re-releases, which do you like more? I have a WoL numbered version and have been considering whether to replace it with the new one, based on feedback that the new ones have richer color, etc. Any thoughts from the group?
The 2021 series is (in my opinion) better then the original 2020 run. Much larger, more interesting inks used, but same great Cyclops quality. I know some love the numbered run because it's officially states how large the run is but this new run is unofficially nearly just as limited. I wouldn't replace the original one (as in sell it) but that's just me.

If you have space or storage for the new ones, I'd easily recommend the ones after Soarin' since they really started to set themselves apart at that point. Moana and Soarin' are fine but lacking when compared to Land, Seas, and GotG.

And in case you missed my post on Seas and Land as far as quality, here it is. Pictures don't do them justice at all. The metallic effect is nice but the new "glitter" (actually crushed glass) effect really stands out.
Like we've seen already, these two are easily the best. There isn't just metallics, there's glitter worked into them too now. Not much else to say other then these are a massive improvement.
Seas comparisons:
oCsIEtk.jpg

49mjRgj.jpg

p8yAc6w.jpg
zJGb1Ha.jpg

3Ex4mbe.jpg

Land:
vjzTZFK.jpg

fgdpD5V.jpg

1qVnWMh.jpg

2K1kVT7.jpg

Also:

Last edited:

DreamfinderGuy

After being on the fence I finally picked up Wonders. If anyone else is on the fence, now is the time to go for it. shopDisney has a 20% off orders of $100 or more promo going on right now, so I added a $4 Luca tote bag to my cart to bring the subtotal down to $82.39. And, on top of that, Rakuten is doing 8% cash back with shopDisney right now and it is also a participating store in their memorial day 3x cash back promo, so if I've understood all that right I should be getting 24% back on the subtotal, bringing the whole thing down to $82.98 for the Wonders poster and the Luca tote bag I used to push me over for the shopDisney promo. That's a lot of stacking for a lot of savings.

projectgamma

After being on the fence I finally picked up Wonders. If anyone else is on the fence, now is the time to go for it. shopDisney has a 20% off orders of $100 or more promo going on right now, so I added a $4 Luca tote bag to my cart to bring the subtotal down to $82.39. And, on top of that, Rakuten is doing 8% cash back with shopDisney right now and it is also a participating store in their memorial day 3x cash back promo, so if I've understood all that right I should be getting 24% back on the subtotal, bringing the whole thing down to $82.98 for the Wonders poster and the Luca tote bag I used to push me over for the shopDisney promo. That's a lot of stacking for a lot of savings.
While I am happy that a coupon finally works for these, I always felt that this poster in particular was always lacking something exciting. It doesn't grab me like some of the others. It feels too generic to me. Thanks though @DreamfinderGuy!!!
I do have clarification for the rakuten 3x cash back promo. The 3x cashback is 3x the rate it previously was. The 8% is 3x the previous rate.

EDIT: The rate was 1% so for shopdisney it is 8x more.

Last edited:

trainplane3

As for the next ones:

I'd expect them to be announced tomorrow hopefully. I'm thinking the one will be as popular as Land and Seas (2021). Especially since it was part of the first wave that got a huge reaction on Twitter. Earlier ones didn't get a huge reaction but this one did because of the attractions it carried with it.

Surferboy567

As for the next ones:

I'd expect them to be announced tomorrow hopefully. I'm thinking the one will be as popular as Land and Seas (2021). Especially since it was part of the first wave that got a huge reaction on Twitter. Earlier ones didn't get a huge reaction but this one did because of the attractions it carried with it.

…time for a guess

”Epcot fans love one” it’s gotta be Horizons…isn’t it

”Loathe the other” as I have said I don’t know if it’s really loathed but..the only thing that fits this description has to be Mission Space.I really think it is hated on a little more then it deserves to be

DreamfinderGuy

As for the next ones:

Sooo, both announced at once? Another month with two posters like Land/Seas?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom