News Disney Vacation Club Announces Expansion at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

ParentsOf4

The three months was not in the press release, that came from a source at DVC
The following is quoted directly from the DVC members website (refer to the underlined part):

More Disney Vacation Club Magic Coming to Walt Disney World
We are excited to share plans to reimagine one building of existing hotel rooms at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa into Disney Vacation Club Villas.​
Starting next spring, we plan to convert Big Pine Key (Building 9) at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa into approximately 200 Resort Studios, each accommodating up to five people. Featuring the Victorian elegance and charm of Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort, these new Villas will offer Members luxury accommodations and amenities, with some Villas boasting stunning views of Bay Lake and Magic Kingdom. Projected to open in summer 2022, these new Villas are an expansion of The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and will be a part of its current condominium association.​
We look forward to sharing more information about the start of sales and rental bookings with our Members at a later date.​

Last edited:

ABQ

in case anyone is wondering...

1621465156183.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

SpectroMagician

So how do you sell these without any magical express, fast pass, early park entry, annual pass, or really any reason to buy direct ? I got my resale contract for an insane low price that somehow didn’t get bought back and I still sometimes wonder if it’s worth it.
Indeed. I got mine on re-sale 8 years ago and it was a much better deal than direct, and at least back then we had actual benefits for being DVC. Now you we are essentially treated just like people who stay off site.

Disone

My amazing rates (35-40%) for winter 2020 strongly disagree with you, it was the on monorail resort that had that fire sale.

A few weeks post of good rates did not last long. By early march 100% of the availible inventory was released for occupancy.... including both concierge buildings which are temporarily being used as regular rooms because the demand is that was so high they needed to do so. Aside from one or two soft periods, Which were not exclusive to the Grand Floridian, they have had no problem selling rooms at the Grand.

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
Honestly Grand was not having any problems with filling rooms prior to covid.
I’m not sure where you are getting your information from but I scraped night before resort availability for several months prior to the Covid shutdown and GF was probably the single easiest resort at WDW to book a regular room last minute in fall/winter 2019-2020

Animaniac93-98

I’m not sure where you are getting your information from but I scraped night before resort availability for several months prior to the Covid shutdown and GF was probably the single easiest resort at WDW to book a regular room last minute in fall/winter 2019-2020

I would have thought GF was doing well with the convention and/or wedding crowd, but I guess there are more options to choose from now, both on and off site, most at a lower price.

HairyChest

As a dvc owner, I’m really excited about this announcement. I’ve never liked the villas at the grand because they don’t feel part of the resort. Felt too separated. I always requested big pine key when we used to stay at the hotel side and loved it. also, I liked the decor of the Floridians hotel rooms. Couple this with the likeliness of a walk in shower and a queen bed with a trundle bed, and a sofa that turns into a trundle queen bed a la Riviera and I’m all in. (I hate the pull out sofa beds of the older dvc studios).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom