Disneyland officially reopening April 30th

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To be fair streetmosphere are usually musicians, singers or whatever else people are doing to entertain guests. I haven’t seen what Vi does but doesn’t she just kind of walk around awkwardly? My lasting image of her is either from a video or pic where she’s hiding in a corner and looking around. It comes across awkward to the guests as we don’t know who she is or why she is doing that. If it was part of a bigger show or we know what her deal was maybe it would resonate but she’s just squating looking around the corner to see “who’s coming” while people are buying Ronto wraps and cokes from coke cart in the background.
She's hiding from First Order and Kylo, just like the Rey walk-around is. They usually recruit kids to join them or be a look out for them as they sneak past the troopers. Sometimes she's in a full sprint.

ToTBellHop

She's hiding from First Order and Kylo, just like the Rey walk-around is. They usually recruit kids to join them or be a look out for them as they sneak past the troopers. Sometimes she's in a full sprint.
Everything in SWGE is a complete failure and everyone hates everything. Tear it down and put the goats back. They need to be petted.

mickEblu

I just don’t think it plays well.

Lol please tell me when she does the full sprint someone eventually is seen running after her.

180º

Don't you know? What every theme park connoisseur wants more than anything else is already-established IP forced down their throats. If the character isn't The Mandalorian or Lando Calrissian, they don't want anything to do with it. The last thing they want is for the parks to come up with their own original characters. They just want more and more IP.

And, of course, any character should have their own indoor M&G. Last thing anyone wants are roaming characters interacting with guests advancing the backstory of the land and giving the land as sense of adventure or movement. There should be no surprises or stuff one has to discover. Everything should be the same and static so we know what we're getting every single time.
Exactly! Because no matter how much we complain that Disney is trying to pass off “Ky’le from Tustin” as entertainment instead of populating the land with actual spontaneous characters like Vi, we’ll still complain about Vi for no reason anyway.

Disney Analyst

Exactly! Because no matter how much we complain that Disney is trying to pass off “Ky’le from Tustin” as entertainment instead of populating the land with actual spontaneous characters like Vi, we’ll still complain about Vi for no reason anyway.

Remember, according to many experts GE is a complete failure, drab, no one likes it, it’s depressing, and Disneyland is ruined forever.

180º

I’m not entirely sure what this means but I guess you re trying to say they behave similarly to Vi? Aren’t they the ones that sing and dance?
They do not sing, neither do they dance. They pretty much do what Vi does: Exist, interact with guests, and make the land feel real and inhabited.

CaptinEO

Here is a quick trip report

- Get there very early if you want to claim parking spots at Harbor hotels. They were all filled up an hour before park opening and we ended up biting the bullet and forking over the 25 bucks to use the ripoff DLR parking deck. I will say that once you got through the mess of the ticket booths where you pay (Where all of them seemed to be open, to their credit), parking was efficient and we were on our way in.

-Main Street was still playing period tunes until closing

There was a lot of bad merchandise and nothing I'd ever want, but I found a nice shot glass:

View attachment 558684
So Main St music is normal until you reach the guest relations / bathroom area. Thats the part where Disney instrumentals play. Not a huge deal.

I called a few hotels at 7am and they all told me they no longer are offering public parking for non guests. I'd say don't bother.

CaptinEO

@mickEblu

No need to stress. You're gonna show up, and wait times will be stagnant for 12 hours and the lines will all move faster than ever before.

I'll be there Saturday as well and even if they add a few thousand people, it will still be a great time.

CaptinEO

They do not sing, neither do they dance. They pretty much do what Vi does: Exist, interact with guests, and make the land feel real and inhabited.
I've only seen Vi running away from nothing. Multiple times too.

Just her hiding and running in an empty GE with nothing going on.

MagicWDI

I want droids.
robert-downey-jr-praise-the-lord.gif

ToTBellHop

It’s a pity because they spent a fortune on the land. A relatively small amount of money could introduce a couple more missions for Falcon and very brief stunt shows high up and droids randomly traveling below could happen without disturbing social distancing. It would add a lot of life for very little money.

And those things were planned.

mickEblu

@mickEblu

No need to stress. You're gonna show up, and wait times will be stagnant for 12 hours and the lines will all move faster than ever before.

I'll be there Saturday as well and even if they add a few thousand people, it will still be a great time.

Thanks man. You re probably right. Hopefully they re prepared and I’m not blowing 2k on a stressful weekend. From a value perspective it’s just hard to see the point of going in the next 3 weeks. Masks, 35% capacity, no Avengers Campus etc. Just about the only good thing left is the weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom