Test Track Needs Love

ChrisE405

Original Poster
I was at WDW last week for the first time in two years. It was great to be back "home" and overall we had a great experience despite the various COVID restrictions. Skyliner was great, MMRR and ROR were hits with the family and we loved our stay at Riviera. One think that stood out to me on the trip was the deplorable condition of Test Track. First off, when making our way through the line on the side of the building, we noted the track could be visibly seen flexing and moving between the steel beams as the cars went over. Further, after each car there was creeking and cracking as the track stopped flexing and moving. Many of the effects on the ride were not operating properly and the door that you nearly "crashed into" before heading outside was open both times we rode. I there there are so many things happening at Epcot right now, but I hope TT is scheduled for some serious love once GOTG, Play and other projects are brought on line.

Movielover

we noted the track could be visibly seen flexing and moving between the steel beams as the cars went over
The track is supposed to flex like that, if the track did not have that flex, the forces from the car speeding through would cause vibrations and eventual damage to the structure. Pretty much any ride track like this has flex, and you can see it if you look for it. Every single rollercoaster in the world has this kind of flex.

No Name

People are like “oh I don’t like roller coasters cause they’re sCaARrrYyy” but you know what’s scary? That damn door. That door is the most terrifying thing in a theme park attraction. Granted, I think it was much better in the original ride when it was shown as the crash test and now it’s just there with no context. But I still say a prayer every time and I’m not religious.

orky8

Are they doing the design your car thing? I wasn't sure if that was still happening with Covid protocols, which seem to change all the time, though.

TimeTrip

I've gotta say, the hill climb, the downhill (v1 had cobblestones and such), and the former "no ABS" brake check at the very beginning REALLY fall flat nowadays without any of the "design your car" stuff happening. It makes me wonder how much better it was when the "design your car" was working. I've ridden it that way, but don't remember.

disneygeek90

I've gotta say, the hill climb, the downhill (v1 had cobblestones and such), and the former "no ABS" brake check at the very beginning REALLY fall flat nowadays without any of the "design your car" stuff happening. It makes me wonder how much better it was when the "design your car" was working. I've ridden it that way, but don't remember.
Half the time the timing would be off and you would either see the person's results from the cars in front of you or not at all.

TT really misses the mark for me. I almost never ride it anymore and I'm jealous of RSR in Disneyand.

rle4lunch

Half the time the timing would be off and you would either see the person's results from the cars in front of you or not at all.

TT really misses the mark for me. I almost never ride it anymore and I'm jealous of RSR in Disneyand.
RSR blows the doors off TT (see what I did there?). We've been lucky (and unlucky) enough to have been stationed in CA on and off for the last decade, so day trips to DL are (were) a (and will be again, starting this month) regular thing.

ToTBellHop

I just miss John.

1621357811773.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom