FastPass+ Most Certainly Not Coming Back As It Was

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Just an FYI (for real this time):

According to Disney's website, the Disney Private VIP Tour is $425 to $750 per hour, depending on the season, minimum of 7 hours up to 10 people.

So, if you can get 10 people chipping in and all agreeing on an itinerary, then it would cost each person $300 to $525 total depending on the season.

That's 7 hours of unlimited FP for $300-$500.

If you have kids, get them jobs.

Last edited:

Chomama

Just an FYI (for real this time):

According to Disney's website, the Disney Private VIP Tour is $425 to $750 per hour, depending on the season, minimum of 10 hours up to 10 people.

So, if you can get 10 people chipping in and all agreeing on an itinerary, then it would cost each person $425 to $750 total depending on the season.

That's 10 hours of unlimited FP for half a grand.

If you have kids, get them jobs.

Actually minimum is 7 hours so among ten people it is even less. Plus tip though

mattpeto

Magical Express going away is the dumbest thing ever. The entire reason for us to stay on site is for the immersive disney experience.

You get off the plane and Disney takes care of the rest.

Disney keeps wanting more and more money as they offer less and less.

As for FP
Here's my idea. And it's crazy!
1 FP per park guest
1 additional FP for resort guest.
1 additional FP for Disney+ bundle subscriber's.

When you sign up for a year of Disney+ with ESPN and Hulu you are given a code that gives your entire booking party 1 additional fast pass per person for each park ticket.

Boom. LOL

This is pretty good, but I think Disney Genie could be the sub.

hopemax

Also FYI, for the next 2 days (when we will be at Universal, staying at Portofino for $289+tax instead) Unlimited Express Pass costs $279.99 tomorrow and $239.99 on Wednesday. For comparison on what Disney could do, if they went to a demand pricing option. Some days are even as high as $329.99. Given those prices per person for VIP, I could see Disney doing just Fastpass, no plaids, no driving from park to park, no backstage arrivals.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
There’s a chance you’ll buy a pass for a certain group of attractions.
I hope Disney is ready for the internet meltdown that is going to occur when they change how it used to work and begin to charge for it

I’m hoping it’ll make things better but I’m worried Disney is more focused on making $ than making guests happy and it’s going to appear that way as well

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hope Disney is ready for the internet meltdown that is going to occur when they change how it used to work and begin to charge for it

I’m hoping it’ll make things better but I’m worried Disney is more focused on making $ than making guests happy and it’s going to appear that way as well
There could be a finite and fluid pot of “free” passes available per day to try to appease guests.

PirateFrank

The longer that time passes between the reopening of the parks (when FP was effectively shutdown) and the introduction of something new, the less that meltdown will be. Sure, people will complain, but people always do. The cold hard truth is that FP+ was an abject failure on so many levels. I've really come to the conclusion that a paid system is the only way out of this mess....

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
The longer that time passes between the reopening of the parks (when FP was effectively shutdown) and the introduction of something new, the less that meltdown will be. Sure, people will complain, but people always do. The cold hard truth is that FP+ was an abject failure on so many levels. I've really come to the conclusion that a paid system is the only way out of this mess....
I agree with you, just waiting to see how the paid options helps guests

before I could almost guarantee I could get fastpasses for most if not all of the popular attractions for a weeks vacation so I hope that option continues

Goofnut1980

On my Disneyland Passport it was an additional $100 for the year for Max Pass or you could add a per day of $14. I would totally add it if it was $100 onto my Gold AP.

fgmnt

There’s a chance you’ll buy a pass for a certain group of attractions.

The closest comparison I can think of to buying a pass for certain attraction access makes me think of the E-Ride night tickets my dad got for me back when those existed. Did those ever cost more than like, $20?

TrojanUSC

Also FYI, for the next 2 days (when we will be at Universal, staying at Portofino for $289+tax instead) Unlimited Express Pass costs $279.99 tomorrow and $239.99 on Wednesday. For comparison on what Disney could do, if they went to a demand pricing option. Some days are even as high as $329.99. Given those prices per person for VIP, I could see Disney doing just Fastpass, no plaids, no driving from park to park, no backstage arrivals.

VIP Tour prices have been going up exponentially. It peaked out at $325/hour just like 5 years ago, now it's at $750/hour on most days and people gladly pay it. There will always be a premium tour product - even Universal offers one.

That said, I do think they will have to re-evaluate the tour product. Universal gets tour guests right on the rides, while Disney generally forces tour guests to wait in the FP+ line, which could often take a not-insubstantial amount of time. They also fed guests two good meals, while Disney did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom