Trip Report Lots of New for The Same Old Crew

Hello, hello!! I'm back!! I assume you all remember me considering I just wrapped up my last TR less than 24 hours ago!! :hilarious:

WHO: As the title says--The Same Old Crew!!
IMG_7032.JPEG

WHERE: The Yacht Club!! E found that awesome AP deal during our October/November trip!!
IMG_8816.JPEG

WHEN: Friday, January 22nd - Monday, January 25th

BACKSTORY: J had either Friday or Monday(I can't remember which) off school so he would only have to miss one day. I usually work Sundays & if I'm not there that means my boss has to work. I originally booked my room for Friday & Saturday night & booked an early flight out Sunday morning so I could still work the late shift that day. When I asked him about having Friday & Saturday off as my 2 days off for the week he said that was fine. He asked me about Sunday & I told him that I figured I would have to work but......E & J were staying until Monday. He told me he would work for me on Sunday so I could stay longer!! Woo Hoo!! An extra full day in Disney!! I ended up flying home early Monday(E & J had a later flight) so I could work the late shift that day.

As it turned out it was cheaper to fly home on Monday so I ended up with a Southwest credit!! I tried to add an additional day on to the room & it wouldn't let me. I just ended up booking another reservation for Sunday night & it was at a lower rate than the already low rates we had for Friday & Saturday!!

We had a 10:30ish flight. I drove to the airport b/c when I landed on Monday I would literally have to drive right to work to be able to make it on time. Since E & J's flight was later JSR was going to pick them up when they got back.
Gotta take the pic to remember where I parked the car. I'm glad I remembered to do that b/c something bizarre happened to me right before that. For whatever reason I ended up not driving through the area where you get your parking ticket. So---how was I to get out come Monday?? Also, I was still scratching my head on how I even got in--to this day I still can't figure it out. Of course, no one was around for me to ask so I decided not to worry about it until Monday. I figured the worst that would happen was that I would have to pay the max rate for not having a ticket. Not what I would really want to do but whatever.
IMG_8780.JPEG

We stopped at Chick-fil-A for some breakfast.
IMG_8781.JPEG

And Dunkin' for coffee. Darn Starbucks still isn't open!!
IMG_8782.JPEG

It was pretty full at our gate so we sat at another one that was empty.
IMG_8783.JPEG

We were leaving typical Pittsburgh weather behind.
IMG_8784.PNG

And headed for this!!
IMG_8785.PNG

As we got on the plane E saw 2 seats in row 2 were empty. There was an aisle seat in row 1 that was empty also. They sat in 2 & I sat in 1.
IMG_8788.JPEG

No SVU on that day but another favorite of mine was so that made the time go by real quick!!
IMG_8789.PNG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ok--I'm seriously getting aggravated. I'm trying to post & I keep getting the "Oops, we've run into some problems" & the "server error" messages. I'm going to stop now & try again tomorrow. I work the late shift today so I don't want to be in a bad mood before I even get to work!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Ugh, hope it's up and running for you tomorrow! Have a good day at work. 🥰
Tomorrow---here it is almost a month later!! 🤷‍♀️ And where do I have to be an hour from now......work🤣
Well, when you can't get it at all, even one that's just ok is super exciting. French Dip doesn't exist at all here, so I'm sure we'd be happy with it. It's already on my list for whenever our next trip is!
I'm sure it is exciting!! Definitely something to look forward to!!
Here and following along! Although I’m ...
Jimmy Fallon Hello GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Thanks!! And you're not late at all. I'm the one who's late to my own party(TR) so to speak!!🤣

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

I was up early & started making myself coffee.
IMG_8914.JPEG

This may not look that bad but let me tell you what a disaster this was(& actually was kind of a sign of these to come for that day, unfortunately). Looks like the shower head needs replaced, right?
IMG_8917.JPEG

The amount of water that made it out of the shower was crazy!! These pictures don't do it justice but trust me when I say there was a ton of water on the floor!!💧💧💧💧💧
IMG_8918.JPEG

Notice how wet the toilet is?
IMG_8919.JPEG

Thought of my friend @DisneyGigi!! I esp had to make sure I had it with me b/c I was having to head straight to work on departure day so my clothes for work needed to be wrinkle free!!
IMG_8920.JPEG

I took a walk around the grounds. I was really enjoying the resort!!
IMG_8923.JPEG

I made another cup of coffee & sat on the balcony to drink it. This was my view!!
IMG_8924.JPEG

I think I sent this pic to R. Just rubbing it in a tiny bit!!🤣
IMG_8925.JPEG

I had just got 3 more lives on Disney Emoji Blitz. I was up to 19!! I always have a ton when I have no time to play them!!
IMG_8927.PNG

I met up with E & J at Ale & Compass where J was eating Mickey waffles for his breakfast!!
IMG_8929.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

I think this bus is in need of a little repair!!
IMG_8930.JPEG

In no time at all we were at MK!! As I'm sure you can tell J was cold. Did he(or the rest of us) have a sweatshirt, jacket or poncho?? Of course not!! Not b/c we we're the type to not be prepared. That would be b/c there was no mention of rain in the forecast for that day!!(I still think @Darstarr was there & didn't tell me!!;))
IMG_8931.JPEG

J wasn't too happy about our current situation.
IMG_8932.JPEG

It was pretty soggy.
IMG_8933.JPEG

As usual, I got stopped going through security. Not to get ahead of myself but I finally thought I had it rectified on our April trip but it didn't last long!! That's a story for that TR--when I can finally get to it!!
IMG_8934.JPEG

It was a gloomy day but I was still happy to be in Disney!!
IMG_8935.JPEG

My favorite MK sight is disappointing right now:(
IMG_8936.JPEG

The rain started coming down harder as we made our way in.
IMG_8937.JPEG

The Dapper Dans were out entertaining everyone!!
IMG_8938.JPEG

We stopped to take a selfie figuring there wouldn't be too many photographers out.
IMG_7052.JPEG

DisneyGigi

SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

I was up early & started making myself coffee.
View attachment 557673

This may not look that bad but let me tell you what a disaster this was(& actually was kind of a sign of these to come for that day, unfortunately). Looks like the shower head needs replaced, right?
View attachment 557674

The amount of water that made it out of the shower was crazy!! These pictures don't do it justice but trust me when I say there was a ton of water on the floor!!💧💧💧💧💧
View attachment 557675

Notice how wet the toilet is?
View attachment 557676

Thought of my friend @DisneyGigi!! I esp had to make sure I had it with me b/c I was having to head straight to work on departure day so my clothes for work needed to be wrinkle free!!
View attachment 557677

I took a walk around the grounds. I was really enjoying the resort!!
View attachment 557678

I made another cup of coffee & sat on the balcony to drink it. This was my view!!
View attachment 557679

I think I sent this pic to R. Just rubbing it in a tiny bit!!🤣
View attachment 557680

I had just got 3 more lives on Disney Emoji Blitz. I was up to 19!! I always have a ton when I have no time to play them!!
View attachment 557681

I met up with E & J at Ale & Compass where J was eating Mickey waffles for his breakfast!!
View attachment 557682
I adore that stuff and so glad you posted this! The one thing on my list that I forgot for the beach trip today was Downy Spray!! I don’t expect to be out of a bathing suit much though!!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I adore that stuff and so glad you posted this! The one thing on my list that I forgot for the beach trip today was Downy Spray!! I don’t expect to be out of a bathing suit much though!!!
I have to give you all the credit in the world for turning me on to it!! Glad you don’t need it for this vacation!!
A few weeks ago I was reworking the laundry section in the store & realized we didn’t have it there. That was quickly rectified!!
I hope you have a wonderful time!!

lindawdw

Sorry that your shower wasn't working properly for you, I think those rooms were refurbished recently too.:rolleyes: Your view is so serene for morning coffee on the balcony! Bummer that it started raining going into MK. Poor J feeling cold with no sweatshirt or rain poncho. 😞 The weather is FL can really turn on a dime.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry that your shower wasn't working properly for you, I think those rooms were refurbished recently too.:rolleyes: Your view is so serene for morning coffee on the balcony! Bummer that it started raining going into MK. Poor J feeling cold with no sweatshirt or rain poncho. 😞 The weather is FL can really turn on a dime.
My understanding is that they were also!!
It was one of the "cold" rains so that didn't help matters. And let me tell you--it got worse before it got better!! Weather, someone's mood(the little one)..... It was rough for a bit!!

slipperalwaysfits

Man, I'm so sorry about your shower! Did you tell the front desk? We had a shower that flooded in England, once. Their paper bathmat did little to help matters! :bored::eek::eek:
It was a gloomy day but I was still happy to be in Disney!!
YES, even gloomy, rainy days are still fun in Disney! With the right shoes and a rain jacket, they can be even more fun for me! :geek:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Man, I'm so sorry about your shower! Did you tell the front desk? We had a shower that flooded in England, once. Their paper bathmat did little to help matters! :bored::eek::eek:
I did not but should have. Unless mousekeeping noticed it after my stay the next guest would have been in the same situation as I was.
YES, even gloomy, rainy days are still fun in Disney! With the right shoes and a rain jacket, they can be even more fun for me! :geek:
I totally agree--J wouldn't though!! 🤣

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

J was really feeling the effects of the rain & said he was cold. E said she was also.
IMG_8940.JPEG

IMG_8941.JPEG

Here was our first stop so they could get sweatshirts. It was cold but it wasn't bothering me as much so I didn't buy one.
IMG_8943.JPEG

Closer castle view.
IMG_8944.JPEG

Still glad to be there even in the rain!!
IMG_8945.JPEG

I really can't wait until they reopen!!
IMG_8946.JPEG

We were able to find a photographer so we got a few pictures.
IMG_8964.JPG

IMG_8965.JPG

IMG_8968.JPG

IMG_8972.JPG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, JANUARY 23RD

We headed through a very empty Adventureland.
IMG_8947.JPEG

IMG_8948.JPEG

J wanted to ride Big Thunder. I love that ride but it's not that much fun when you're getting pelted with rain. Maybe I should have bought a sweatshirt!!
IMG_8949.JPEG

IMG_8951.JPEG

IMG_7055.JPEG

We continued on to visit some happy haunts.
IMG_8953.JPEG

Kind of looks like the floor of my bathroom at The Yacht Club!!🤣🤣🤣
IMG_8954.JPEG

We got stuck here for a few minutes so I was able to get, for me at least, a decent picture!!
IMG_8957.JPEG

My ride photo never showed up--yes, I had my mask on!!
IMG_9045.JPG

Next up was SDMT. Wait times were still really low. We were still getting pelted by rain!!
IMG_7072.JPEG

lindawdw

That cold rain is the worst and I really dislike having to buy a rain poncho or sweatshirt when I wasn't planning on it! I guess the good thing about the rain was that the lines seemed pretty short for the attractions!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom