News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

jt04

It doesn't look like there's even that much space available on a satellite image -- but I guess that's because I'm seeing the existing stage/bathrooms. If those were demolished and that area incorporated as part of the attraction (thus pushing into the existing Tomorrowland footprint) then there would be plenty of room.

Just the area between SM and Tron is large enough to contain the Little Mermaid show building it appears. I count that area too.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The Speedway desperately needs to go. They could build two high quality attractions on that footprint if they were efficient (not that they have been very efficient with space recently ever).

FTFY

The Speedway has been cut down so much I doubt they could get more than one thing on its footprint these days.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Exactly. I mean look at Disneyland which has a the sumbarine ride below, a monorail above, and it’s surrounded by a lake that used to house a slow boat ride. I feel like Disneyworld’s “huge size” has limited its creativity.
And don’t forget an Autopia on the roof. Or that parks Fantasyland with 10 attractions - including 5 dark rides - that would fit on the Tron site. The Alice/Toad/Pan building alone is a work of art in getting the most out of a space.

Rich Brownn

Exactly. I mean look at Disneyland which has a the sumbarine ride below, a monorail above, and it’s surrounded by a lake that used to house a slow boat ride. I feel like Disneyworld’s “huge size” has limited its creativity.
But we have more and bigger walkways! And half the attractions so you can feel soooo spaced out between rides. (sarcasm intended... I used to say we had more trees, but the concrete took care of that)

CastAStone

5th gate? Just build a new resort Bob.
Premium Member
The sheer physical size of the WDW parks is why I prefer spending my time at Disneyland.

It’s particularly frustrating at Epcot which in some ways has used the space very well, particularly with the very smart way the 7 buildings are laid out in FW east and the beginning of WS (Energy, WOL, M:S, TT, Mexico, Odyssey, Innoventions East)....but then 4 of those 7 buildings have been empty or underutilized for years now. And there’s 21 pavilions or permanent buildings in the park and yet for several of them when you click attractions in MDE the only thing listed is “Kidcot Funstop”.

At least every FW building left standing has a plan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom