The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Seems we both had our Fedex adventures today.

I had the misfortune to get FEDEX tags instead of DHL after selling a product on Latinamerica's version of Ebay.
So I had to go the opposite way I wanted to go.
When I arrived.. found it was closed. IT was NOT supposed to be closed.
Oh well, their excuse "sanitizing". Which is obviously a lie. They just say that, get an extra hour of lunch (I've caught the guys leaving a nearby restaurant while noone was inside "sanitizing")
So went to buy some food and waited... backed.. and waited.. wasted almost 1 hour and half on that trip.
I hate FedEx so much. I finally called them and was like, "This is your fault, fix it." They're delivering tomorrow. I'm not in a great mood and some customer service guy who was being an idiot got my wrath.

donaldtoo

Same here. There is a saying " if you're not cheating, you're not trying. " I would substitute it for " if you're not saving, you're not trying.".

Not into cheatin’, but, it’s also not cheatin’ if they’re offerin’ it for free.
It’s wet, it’s cold, it’s unlimited, and it beats the heck outta’ payin’ $3.50 (or whatever it is now) for bottled “exotic” municipal tap water...!!!!! :hilarious:

Lilofan

Not into cheatin’, but, it’s also not cheatin’ if they’re offerin’ it for free.
It’s wet, it’s cold, it’s unlimited, and it beats the heck outta’ payin’ $3.50 (or whatever it is now) for bottled “exotic” municipal tap water...!!!!! :hilarious:
Bottle water mentality is prevalent too. When I traveled in my younger days to Central and South America I bought bottle water and even brushed my teeth with it. I've gotten ill from drinking tap water in third world countries so I learned my lesson. Some I know from the UK buy bottle water on vacation in FL because they don't trust our tap water.

StarWarsGirl

Bottle water mentality is prevalent too. When I traveled in my younger days to Central and South America I bought bottle water and even brushed my teeth with it. I've gotten ill from drinking tap water in third world countries so I learned my lesson. Some I know from the UK buy bottle water on vacation in FL because they don't trust our tap water.
Oh, I don't drink the tap water in Florida. It makes me sick. I can drink it in South Carolina through a Britta bottle, California, Hawaii...but not Florida. My mom is the same way. We try to stick with brewed tea at restaurants because at least it's been boiled. We only get fountain drinks from our refillable mugs. During the day we buy bottled sodas or water. Even just the little bit from the fountain sodas still tends to upset our digestive tracks. If I ever move to Florida, I'm going to have to buy bottled water to keep on hand.

donaldtoo

You rascal, your prices are always lower down there. A few days ago I noticed a bigger increase to $2.99 (regular) and it's probably crept up higher since that. Supposedly, in my area, it's the expected rate rise due to the oncoming summer season when the rates always go up. (They can't use the situation from N.Y. down, as an excuse because that doesn't affect us. If that wasn't resolved this week, I'm sure it eventually would in some sort of ripple effect though.)

Rascal...!!!!! :hilarious:
Well, that particular pipeline originates down here, sooo... 🤷‍♂️;)
But, our power grid also got hit hard with “SNOWMAGEDDON 2021”, so there’s that...!!!!! :hilarious:
Also, not political, but, technological (as a Tesla really hauls some serious rear, and I want one :joyfull:🤣)... but, if they can hack into our gas pipeline, they can also, most likely, find a way to hack into our electrical grids, to prevent charging of electric transportation, among other things.
Either way, as at @Cesar R M indicated, don’t cheap out on the IT...!!!!! :hilarious:

donaldtoo

I paid $3.25 yesterday for premium. That is only because they were out of regular at $2.98.

Yep, the cheaper stuff, generally, goes faster.
Unless you have a bonafide higher-performance ride, there’s no reason to do otherwise.
Speakin’ of high-performance, on my way home from the office today, I almost witnessed a very pricey pileup in the lane next to me...a Beemer, behind a Tesla, behind another Beemer...sooo close...I could faintly hear bodyshop owners weepin’ that it didn’t happen...!!!!! :D;)

Lilofan

Popping in to say that one of youngest’s teams made it to finals. Top five of 26 today. They were third. Finals will have 30 teams so they are top 30 in the nation right now in that division. The other team probably won’t make it. Youngest fell at the end of that routine, but the raw score was too low to make it anyway.proud of her for brushing it off and doing a perfect routine in a tougher level 45 minutes later.
Good luck with the competition and safe travels back home. I have heard of gas station outages in GA, NC, and SC. Emporia VA at the border of NC/VA has a few stations open with 87 octane gas only for now.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
lisa simpson sneezing GIF

Songbird76

I think you win. ours is around the $6.20 i believe.

Edit $6.50 ish
Yeah, we have some of the highest prices in Europe. This is why a lot of us in the Netherlands cross the border into Germany to get groceries and gas....it's SO much cheaper there. But right now, you can't cross the border without a negative test result, even if you've been fully vaccinated, and the testing sites won't test you unless you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who tested positive. So you have to get a self test and it's supposed to be for necessary business only, not shopping. I work about half a kilometer from the German border, so before the borders closed, my husband would drop me off at work and pop over to Germany to fill up the tank before driving home. We'll save so much money when we can fill up there again!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom