News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

disneygeek90

Disney has unions, many more parts of the business, and a much bigger emphasis on doing things by the book. Universal and Sea World will always be first.
I remember last year when Universal announced the June 5 opening, seemingly shocking Disney a bit as they weren't thinking anything close to that.

It's ironic in a way. Universal reopened City Walk on May 14, 2020. An entire year of masks. I'm not sure any of us thought it would be still going now back then. At least walking around outside will be much nicer, and they are required in all queues it looks like regardless of in/outside.

Jlwise2021

Disney has unions, many more parts of the business, and a much bigger emphasis on doing things by the book. Universal and Sea World will always be first.
I get that, but this does make me feel like Disney will get their ducks in a row sooner rather than later. Since they are big on following guidelines, I assume the unions will be positive in response. I also bet CMs would welcome this adjustment due to their own comfort and to not want to deal with telling folks to pull up masks outside. Plus, someone said earlier that they probably knew this announcement was coming from the Orange County Mayor today. Maybe they have been behind the scenes working on it.

I don’t see how they can drag this out for weeks now, but I’m not an insider. 🤷‍♀️

Nickp1983

Disney was caught off guard by the CDC yesterday and how far they went. It has created quite a scramble.
That actually shocking. I'd figure theyd be one of the companies in the know when it comes to any announcements that effect them like that.
I get that, but this does make me feel like Disney will get their ducks in a row sooner rather than later. Since they are big on following guidelines, I assume the unions will be positive in response. I also bet CMs would welcome this adjustment due to their own comfort and to not want to deal with telling folks to pull up masks outside. Plus, someone said earlier that they probably knew this announcement was coming from the Orange County Mayor today. Maybe they have been behind the scenes working on it.

I don’t see how they can drag this out for weeks now, but I’m not an insider. 🤷‍♀️
I get the union thing too, but what worker wants to wear a mask outside in the heat and then also have to "remind" people all day outside to do the same? Seems like this is a win win for everyone.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
That actually shocking. I'd figure theyd be one of the companies in the know when it comes to any announcements that effect them like that.

I get the union thing too, but what worker wants to wear a mask outside in the heat and then also have to "remind" people all day outside to do the same? Seems like this is a win win for everyone.
The problem will shift to reminding people to put them on inside. More confused guests when there is a different rule inside and outside.

Chi84

Premium Member
They won’t. It’s lip service. It’s okay though.
People at WDW last week were mostly wearing masks in queues, but I sure didn't see any CMs monitoring it. The exception was what looked like a mom, grandma and child in front of us in the Dinosaur line who wore their masks pulled down for the entire time they were in the outside line. They pulled them up when we entered the building.

Jlwise2021

That’s what I was saying 🤣🤣 Drop the mask mandate outdoors for everyone and I think CMs would be happy with that change too.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The problem will shift to reminding people to put them on inside. More confused guests when there is a different rule inside and outside.
I expect lots of guests will only hear the portion about ‘no masks’ and not the fact they are still required indoors and arrive at the park without a mask and not even have one to put on when getting into a line or going into a store or restaurant.

AEfx

Not to mention, the union discussions (going on everywhere right now) are less about what is more or less inconvenient in terms of employee duties regarding enforcement, but the safety of the workers who have to deal closely with the now potentially unmasked public.

Polkadotdress

Not to mention, the union discussions (going on everywhere right now) are less about what is more or less inconvenient in terms of employee duties regarding enforcement, but the safety of the workers who have to deal closely with the now potentially unmasked public.
This ^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom