Rumor Higher Speed Rail from MCO to Disney World

corran horn

As predicted, Orlando Hunters Creek homeowners have hired attorneys to fight the high speed rail train going to be passing by their area.
I guess the businesses that'll potentially be displaced (there's a lot along the greenway it would seem) are glad to just take whatever likely payoff they'll get.

jt04

I guess the businesses that'll potentially be displaced (there's a lot along the greenway it would seem) are glad to just take whatever likely payoff they'll get.

I thought the right of way was long ago designated. Long before many developments for sure.

Not sure any businesses would be negatively impacted.

corran horn

I thought the right of way was long ago designated. Long before many developments for sure.

Not sure any businesses would be negatively impacted.
A few things hug 417 pretty closely (I'm thinking around Landstar) but as you say, probably hashed out in the past in some way already.

joelkfla

As predicted, Orlando Hunters Creek homeowners have hired attorneys to fight the high speed rail train going to be passing by their area.
The HOA letter to the CFX board said that the original ROW agreement for SR-417 explicitly gives homeowners north of a certain line the right to sue for damages if HSR is ever built. At yesterday's CFX board meeting, both the Brightline VP & the CFX board members seemed to think that Hunters Creek couldn't stop the line, and Brightline would just have to pay off any damages awarded in court.

Lilofan

The HOA letter to the CFX board said that the original ROW agreement for SR-417 explicitly gives homeowners north of a certain line the right to sue for damages if HSR is ever built. At yesterday's CFX board meeting, both the Brightline VP & the CFX board members seemed to think that Hunters Creek couldn't stop the line, and Brightline would just have to pay off any damages awarded in court.
Looks like some are looking to be compensated for something they don't like.

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
I was a boy scout and believed the "be prepared" slogan so I have plywood in the garage precut all the time. I can board the house in 2 - 3 hours with the tools and screws on hand. Generator tested and ready to go, some food put by but with generator and a well I'm good for a few weeks. Chainsaw to get out if need be and back in after it is over. I put this together over a lot of years but I do realize living in Florida is not IF but WHEN it will hit.

Still takes money to do it and to leave if necessary so I understand the 6 hour/200 mile drives during an evacuation. I have had 9 storms that were directed at me, thankfully none made a direct hit. Season is just 60 days away now....
Somewhere, be it Heaven or on Earth, your Scoutmaster should be smiling. It makes me smile when I hear some of the life lessons took root.

DCBaker

Premium Member
"If the Miami-based intercity rail provider gets the necessary approvals, construction on the first segment — roughly 16.7 miles from Orlando International Airport to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort — could get started by first-quarter 2024, said the firm during a June 22 presentation to Orange County. The remaining 68 miles of the 85-mile route to Tampa would begin construction in second-quarter 2025.

Here's more from the presentation on the project's timeline:
  • Design for the first segment is underway and expected to wrap by fourth-quarter 2022. Construction on this phase would end by fourth-quarter 2025.
  • The second segment's design phase will occur from first-quarter 2022 through third-quarter 2024. Construction of this segment work would extend past 2026.
  • Permitting and final agreements on right-of-way — which would include private property owners along the route — would occur between fourth-quarter 2022 and second-quarter 2025.
  • Passenger service would begin after the new track completes safety testing."

joelkfla

"If the Miami-based intercity rail provider gets the necessary approvals, construction on the first segment — roughly 16.7 miles from Orlando International Airport to Disney Springs at Walt Disney World Resort — could get started by first-quarter 2024, said the firm during a June 22 presentation to Orange County. The remaining 68 miles of the 85-mile route to Tampa would begin construction in second-quarter 2025.

• Design for the first segment is underway and expected to wrap by fourth-quarter 2022. Construction on this phase would end by fourth-quarter 2025.
  • The second segment's design phase will occur from first-quarter 2022 through third-quarter 2024. Construction of this segment work would extend past 2026.
  • Permitting and final agreements on right-of-way — which would include private property owners along the route — would occur between fourth-quarter 2022 and second-quarter 2025.
Attached is the actual schedule from the presentation to the Orange County Board of County Commissioners.

Segment 1 is MCO to Disney; Segment 2 is Disney to Tampa.

Attachments

• 2021-06-22 PPP File 21-768 Work Session Brightline Update_split.pdf
    157.3 KB · Views: 167

Disstevefan1

A dream is a wish your heart makes when you’re fast asleep. Then you wake up and there is no train.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom