Disney Wish

Surfin' Tuna

Overall I can see this being only a 3/4 day ship. A great add on for the wdw visitor looking to extend the fantasyland style park experience. We prefer nautical Mickey and beachside Goofy, but there are 4 ships of that!
This is exactly what I was thinking. When I saw the videos, I was a little underwhelmed thinking they could do more/better. Then I realized it is only running the 3-4 night itineraries. The people coming from or heading to the parks next will really enjoy this ship. I'm still hoping to go on it next year, because that's what we all do right? I just hope they surprise us with the next two ships, but I worry they will not. Either way, I still prefer DCL and will continue to cruise them. Of course, they know that.

Robbydj13

I sure hope they do not. This Wish is about as big as a ship can comfortably go without just feeling too big, too impersonal, and having too many people aboard. RCL is there for the RCL crowd. We are all stuck on our love for what DCL does and does well.
They need a bigger boat. The Royal ships don’t feel over crowded and are quite spread out with lots of options. I’d love to see what Disney could do with that kinda space

Surfin' Tuna

They need a bigger boat. The Royal ships don’t feel over crowded and are quite spread out with lots of options. I’d love to see what Disney could do with that kinda space
I have no doubt that Disney will eventually go that route, but I hope they do not. I prefer ships the size of the Magic, but I can tolerate the Fantasy. Maybe I'm just a simple guy, but I do not need all the bells and whistles of those huge ships.

Robbydj13

I have no doubt that Disney will eventually go that route, but I hope they do not. I prefer ships the size of the Magic, but I can tolerate the Fantasy. Maybe I'm just a simple guy, but I do not need all the bells and whistles of those huge ships.
I just want a ship that feels like there’s enough for everyone. Pools and hot tubs are so crowded on DCL because there’s so few of them.

peter11435

Not near enough. And I think you missed the point
Do you really think the ship is as good s as it could be?
I don’t think you can really judge if it’s enough before you see how they function.

I think that anything and everything always has room for improvement so asking if anything is as good as it could be is obviously a no. But I think you are making a lot of assumptions when there is still a lot you don’t know about this ship. And I think this ship will be what it needs to be.

Robbydj13

I don’t think you can really judge if it’s enough before you see how they function.

I think that anything and everything always has room for improvement so asking if anything is as good as it could be is obviously a no. But I think you are making a lot of assumptions when there is still a lot you don’t know about this ship. And I think this ship will be what it needs to be.
I just think they made a ship that’s not that big of an improvement from what they had. Disney used to be cutting edge, not so much anymore apparently

ChuckElias

I sure hope they do not. This Wish is about as big as a ship can comfortably go without just feeling too big, too impersonal, and having too many people aboard. RCL is there for the RCL crowd. We are all stuck on our love for what DCL does and does well.

Guys, don't bother engaging him. I made the mistake before realizing that he's just here to spout and get reactions. "Gee, let me go to a DCL forum and tell them that they're too dumb to realize that Royal Caribbean is SOOO much better." It doesn't matter if you try to offer a genuine opinion or argument, he's just going to tell you that DCL is too expensive and you need to go the mega-ship route to enjoy your cruise.

Don't feed the troll.

peter11435

I just think they made a ship that’s not that big of an improvement from what they had. Disney used to be cutting edge, not so much anymore apparently

Most of us here thought what they already had was pretty great and are happy to see that improved upon. If I wanted a Royal Caribbean ship I would sail with Royal Caribbean again.

DCLcruiser

Is it me or did the Quiet Cove area get a lot smaller...and the Concierge private areas got a lot bigger.

Wish
1 Seated Pool
2 Hot Tubs
1 Cove Cafe
1 Cove Bar

vs

Fantasy/Dream
1 Swimming Pool
1 Satellite Falls + deck area
1 Cove Cafe
1 Cove Bar

Last edited:

Robbydj13

Most of us here thought what they already had was pretty great and are happy to see that improved upon. If I wanted a Royal Caribbean ship I would sail with Royal Caribbean again.
I would like Disney to take the best of what a lot of other ships offer and put their touch on it. I think that would be ideal.

ChuckElias

Is it me or did the Quiet Cove area get a lot smaller...and the Concierge private areas got a lot bigger.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they expanded the Concierge areas. They pay even a higher premium and I get that they would want to give them something or that extra money. But I'll be sad if Satellite Falls goes away; and I hope that Quiet Cove doesn't get "a lot" smaller. :(

SplashJacket

It wouldn't surprise me at all if they expanded the Concierge areas. They pay even a higher premium and I get that they would want to give them something or that extra money. But I'll be sad if Satellite Falls goes away; and I hope that Quiet Cove doesn't get "a lot" smaller. :(
They did expand the Concierge areas. Massively so. It essentially takes up the entire Satelite falls area.

Disney Wish:
1620665115664.png

Disney Fantasy:
1620665124927.png

DCLcruiser

So a few things:

Quiet Cove - Deck 13 Aft:

QC-13.png

This looks to be extra seating for Quiet Cove, or at least there is a stairwell to Deck 14 Aft:

QC-14.png

Concierge got a big upgrade Deck 12 / Deck 13 Forward (Pool, Lounge, and I think a lot more rooms)

Cons-13.png

Cons-12.png

Now, Deck 14 Forward....what is this? Is this Concierge, or is it the NEW Satellite Falls!? The small blue rectangle near the bottom should be Currents bar.

Cons or Satellite-14.png

Last edited:

SplashJacket

So a few things:

Quiet Cove - Deck 13 Aft:

View attachment 556213

This looks to be extra seating for Quiet Cove, or at least there is a stairwell to Deck 14 Aft:

View attachment 556209

Concierge got a big upgrade Deck 12 / Deck 13 Forward (Pool, Lounge, and I think a lot more rooms)

View attachment 556212
View attachment 556210

Now, Deck 14 Forward....what is this? Is this Concierge, or is it the NEW Satellite Falls!? The small blue rectangle near the bottom should be Currents bar.

View attachment 556211
According to this, the adult area wraps around the Aft funnel.

1620672076582.png

________
1620672080729.png

DCBaker

Premium Member
"Now, we’re continuing the tradition of honoring your favorite pals aboard our newest ship. When the Disney Wish sets sail in summer 2022, the adventures of Mickey and friends will be brought to life like never before with the debut of AquaMouse — an exciting family water attraction — plus a brand-new pool district for families. We gave you a sneak peek at these experiences during our recent grand reveal of the Disney Wish, but today I want to share more details about the fun in the sun we’ve dreamed up for Disney cruisers.

AquaMouse – The First Disney Attraction at Sea

Families will be immersed in “The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse” animated shorts aboard AquaMouse, the first-ever Disney attraction at sea. Complete with show scenes, lighting and special effects, and splashtacular surprises, this first-of-its-kind water ride will send you on a fun family adventure through 760 feet of winding tubes suspended high above the upper decks.

As the story goes, Mickey and Minnie are starting their very own seaside excursion company — aptly named “Port Misadventures” — on board the Disney Wish, and adventuresome cruisers will join them on an undersea excursion to Mermaid Lagoon that will inevitably (and hilariously) go awry.

The journey will begin when you board a two-seater ride vehicles and ascend into a magical tunnel that will teleport you into the cartoon world of “Scuba Scramble,” a new animated short that plays out through oversized virtual portholes. Along the way, you’ll encounter curious sea creatures, familiar Disney friends and more than 60 water effects that bring the subaquatic hijinks to life – all perfectly synched to an original musical score by Emmy-nominated composer Christopher Willis (“The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse”).

At the height of the show, you’ll blast out of the tunnel and embark on a wild water ride around the upper decks. First, you’ll zip into the forward funnel through an enclosed tube surrounded by dazzling lighting effects, followed by a quick dash through a dark tunnel that opens up to reveal breathtaking views of the ocean.

You’ll then jet up and down a series of speed blasters as they are propelled toward the grand finale: a soaring loop over the edge of the ship, with clear views down to the deep blue sea. With that, you’ll splash down for a sendoff message from Mickey and Minnie – another successful tour in the books!

dwi203948203948203498203492.jpg

Fun in the Sun for the Whole Family Aboard the Disney Wish

On the Disney Wish, families will have more pools, more deck space and more dining than ever before in an expansive district themed to Mickey and friends. Located on decks 11 and 12 midship, this area will include six pools of various sizes and depths, spaciously staggered among tiered decks and surrounded by lounge chairs — along with a fresh take on quick and casual fare with a festive character twist."

DCBaker

Premium Member
"The Disney Wish 1,966 sq. ft. Concierge Wish Tower Suite offers accommodations for up to 8 guests with it’s own grand spiral staircase, an open dining salon, pantry with wet bar stocked with water and soda.

The suite features 2 main bedrooms, each with a king sized bed. A children’s bedroom with unique bunk beds, and a library/bedroom with queen size wall bed. The suite offers sweeping ocean vies thanks to a floor-to-ceiling window in the main living space.

Additionally, the tower suite includes 4.5 bathrooms, including 2 main bathrooms with double sinks, stand-alone bathtubs and walk-in rain showers. The children’s room has its own bathroom with shower. Library/bedroom area on Deck 14 has a full bathroom with double sinks and a shower. There is also a Guest bathroom at the entry.

The Wish Tower Suite is being designed with artwork, iconography and materials that evoke the Oceania-inspired world of “Moana.” A soothing palette of calm blues, soft whites and deep corals will lay the foundation for family rest and relaxation, while creative ornaments and custom artwork will convey sophisticated nods to the characters and locales of the film.

The piece de resistance will be a hand-crafted porcelain sculpture that comes alive in an only-Disney-can-do way. When guests arrive home to the Wish Tower Suite, they may discover the statue pulsing in myriad hues of green amid soft chimes that recall the film’s distinctive soundtrack, revealing itself as the heart of Te Fiti. The special lighting and audio effects will eventually fill the room to provide a truly magical, one-of-a-kind greeting.

Other film-inspired decorations include a custom canvas piece depicting Moana sailing on the sea; dimensional props that celebrate the treasures of the ocean and the local crafts of Moana’s village; and a glittering sculpture composed of shiny objects – a playful interpretation of Tamatoa’s dazzling collection. The children’s room, which will feature uniquely designed built-in bunkbeds, will enchant kids of all ages with a sparkling constellation pattern that lights up the ceiling to reveal imagery from the movie composed entirely of stars: Moana’s oar, Gramma Tala, Maui’s hook and the heart of Te Fiti.

Guests can expect the royal treatment while staying in the Wish Tower Suite, marked by the expert service of a personal concierge team, an elegant array of curated experiences, a delightful selection of daily treats and a private elevator."

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom