Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

sullyinMT

You know most companies won't implement anything like that. They will just drop all rules and go back to normal. Don't be surprised when you hear of outbreaks at factories and warehouses again.
Maybe. Even with 6 of 10 adults vaccinated, the outbreaks will be much smaller. That number (vaccinated), however slowly, will continue to climb. Employees will still have the option to mask up if they’re legitimately-ish waiting to get a shot. This isn’t 50.1% of adults and all bets off.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
For retail businesses, they will either have to verify that you are vaccinated before allowing you to enter without a mask, or just assume everyone who is unmasked is vaccinated whether they are or not.
Why do you think that businesses need to care one way or the other if the state or local government has decided on a course of action? I just don't understand why you keep mentioning that businesses need to check. Makes no sense at all.

For my state:

EFFECTIVE SATURDAY, MAY 15:

• INDOOR AND OUTDOOR VENUES. Indoor and outdoor venues may resume normal operations. All remaining capacity restrictions will be lifted on all indoor entertainment venues and conventions, and all outdoor entertainment, art, and sports venues, including all ticketed events.
  • INDOOR AND OUTDOOR DINING. Restaurants and bars may resume normal operations, as all remaining capacity and distancing restrictions and all other limits will be lifted on indoor and outdoor dining.
  • CRUISE TERMINAL. The cruise terminal in Baltimore City will be reopening. The CDC is working directly with cruise ports and industry representatives to prepare for a safe return to business.
  • INDOOR MASK MANDATE TO EXPIRE AFTER THE STATE ACHIEVES 70% OF MARYLAND ADULTS VACCINATED. The governor announced that the state’s indoor mask mandate will be lifted as soon as 70% of Maryland adults receive at least one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine—the national goal set by President Biden. Yesterday, the state officially surpassed the milestone of vaccinating more than 65% of adults.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
You know most companies won't implement anything like that. They will just drop all rules and go back to normal. Don't be surprised when you hear of outbreaks at factories and warehouses again.
Why not? You think vaccine passports are a possibility but that companies won’t ask their employees for proof of vaccination? Employees are easy since you pay them. Customers much more challenging since they pay you. It is very easy to implement that policy and even if on the ”honor system” most people won’t want to cheat, they will get the shot. It’s a big win for the vaccine process which is all that matters at this point. Getting us over the finish line.

sullyinMT

The CDC director - fully vaccinated people no longer need to wear a mask indoors or outdoors, in any gatherings large or small, and can participate without physical distancing.
Masks on a plane until September is gonna be a real tough sell. Also makes a fully vaccinated cruise ship a real appealing vacation. Maybe the safest if they can actually verify those vaccines.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here is what they updated on the CDC website -

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 2.24.20 PM.png

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Masks on a plane until September is gonna be a real tough sell. Also makes a fully vaccinated cruise ship a real appealing vacation. Maybe the safest if they can actually verify those vaccines.
The original tweet did make an exception for crowded and small places like buses, planes, hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters

bryanfze55

The original tweet did make an exception for crowded and small places like buses, planes, hospitals, prisons and homeless shelters
I will wear a mask on a plane or even in a theme park for the rest of my days if that’s what is needed. But the requirement for 2-year-olds to wear a mask on a plane needs to go. Toddlers that young are hardly spreading the virus, and we’re the only country with a requirement that young. I fly with my toddler in October, and the thought of being kicked off a plane if she doesn’t keep a mask on properly has been on my mind. You would think America could distinguish between a 35-year-old removing their mask and a 2-year-old removing their mask... but I guess not 🤷‍♂️

sullyinMT

Right. I’m talking public behavior on a plane. It was abysmal at times even before this announcement.

Next step - vaccinated international travel to lower risk areas without tests for the vaccinated. That might take a few more months.

Jrb1979

Why not? You think vaccine passports are a possibility but that companies won’t ask their employees for proof of vaccination? Employees are easy since you pay them. Customers much more challenging since they pay you. It is very easy to implement that policy and even if on the ”honor system” most people won’t want to cheat, they will get the shot. It’s a big win for the vaccine process which is all that matters at this point. Getting us over the finish line.
I have very little faith in getting enough people vaccinated. There is still way too many that just don't care. The honor system doesn't work.

Mark52479

I just watched the announcement live. For my fully vaccinated family and I, this nightmare has come to its end.

Congrats to all the fully vaccinated here. It’s time to celebrate !!!!!
Agreed. Me and my family all vaccinated and i am sure like others this will be a big relief.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I just watched the announcement live. For my fully vaccinated family and I, this nightmare has come to its end.

Congrats to all the fully vaccinated here. It’s time to celebrate !!!!!
🥳🎉🎊👍⭐🥳

Not much changes for me yet since PA is waiting for Memorial Day to drop all Covid restrictions but masks indoors and will drop that too once we hit 70% vaccinated. Then it’s just individual businesses but those should be updated soon.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I will wear a mask on a plane or even in a theme park for the rest of my days if that’s what is needed. But the requirement for 2-year-olds to wear a mask on a plane needs to go. Toddlers that young are hardly spreading the virus, and we’re the only country with a requirement that young. I fly with my toddler in October, and the thought of being kicked off a plane if she doesn’t keep a mask on properly has been on my mind. You would think America could distinguish between a 35-year-old removing their mask and a 2-year-old removing their mask... but I guess not 🤷‍♂️
I know not your actual point, but the airline rule expires in Sept so hopefully not renewed and you are good to go in Oct. They could also amend it sooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom