Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
That to me is just "good enough". The plan here is if 75% of the population has 1 dose then most of the outdoor restrictions will be dropped. Masking indoors and social distancing will stay til the majority have their 2nd dose. They are hopeful that by July most of Ontario will have their 2nd dose.

IMO the concern with being just good enough is many pockets were vaccinations are low Covid will continue to be a problem.
The vaccines won’t be approved for kids under 12 until the Fall. 75% of the population would require 90%+ of eligible people to get it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is every guest at WDW vaccinated?
No, but this sets up Disney and other national chains to implement a dropping of the mask requirements when a certain percent of the population is vaccinated. So we will never know who or how many people are vaccinated. If a large enough percentage of people are vaccinated that triggers the rule to assume everyone is. Until you reach the target percent you assume not enough are vaccinated so everyone wears a mask and does some distancing.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
So the vaccine rate should skyrocket right? All these people saying they would get the vaccine if they could stop wearing a mask need to put their money where their mouths were (or in this case their arms since the shots are free;))

Depends how states and businesses react I imagine. Pros and cons to everything....I see this new guidance as a pro but we will see how it plays out.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It seems like the CDC has basically thrown in the towel.
Not necessarily. At some point this had to happen. We can debate the level of vaccination needed to reach it, but this was eventually going to be the case. In practical terms it’s impossible to know who is vaccinated and who isn’t in a large crowd public setting but that’s not the case in schools or at work places. Now employers and high schools can switch gears to fully vaccinated are mask free. That will drive a lot more of the unvaccinated in.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Depends how states and businesses react I imagine. Pros and cons to everything....I see this new guidance as a pro but we will see how it plays out.
Agreed. In a simple example if a factory or warehouse tells their workers that they are now following the CDC guidelines and no longer requiring masks for fully vaccinated workers I guarantee 99% get the vaccine (or buy a fake vaccination card;)). I worked one Summer in a hot warehouse loading trucks and I can tell you that must be absolutely miserable while wearing a mask. Easy decision.

Jrb1979

Agreed. In a simple example if a factory or warehouse tells their workers that they are now following the CDC guidelines and no longer requiring masks for fully vaccinated workers I guarantee 99% get the vaccine (or buy a fake vaccination card;)). I worked one Summer in a hot warehouse loading trucks and I can tell you that must be absolutely miserable while wearing a mask. Easy decision.
You know most companies won't implement anything like that. They will just drop all rules and go back to normal. Don't be surprised when you hear of outbreaks at factories and warehouses again.

sullyinMT

So the vaccine rate should skyrocket right? All these people saying they would get the vaccine if they could stop wearing a mask need to put their money where their mouths were (or in this case their arms since the shots are free;))
The disparaging FB comment I shared aside, our county mass site had a line around the building for $50. I don’t care if people were leaving to buy a carton of smokes, more vaccines are a good thing.
No, but this sets up Disney and other national chains to implement a dropping of the mask requirements when a certain percent of the population is vaccinated. So we will never know who or how many people are vaccinated. If a large enough percentage of people are vaccinated that triggers the rule to assume everyone is. Until you reach the target percent you assume not enough are vaccinated so everyone wears a mask and does some distancing.
Theme parks might be last to go with indoor masks. I agree this sets up a valid argument for Costco, Target, etc if we get to some national threshold around 70% of all Americans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom