The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

I know I do this every year (rant against Halloween but I can't help it. It's in my DNA)

So I'm going to Disney in mid August and I'm still not safe from Halloween. Wannabe Halloween Disney parties start Aug 10th (I go a couple days later). Something is wrong when Halloween season starts earlier than Christmas season at Disney.

And what is up with the halfway to Halloween everywhere!! Granted the halfway to Christmas thing is pretty awful too.
It's been that way the past few years. I don't like Halloween either but not much you can do about it.

On the bright side, you should be there for food and wine.

ImperfectPixie

I know I do this every year (rant against Halloween but I can't help it. It's in my DNA)

So I'm going to Disney in mid August and I'm still not safe from Halloween. Wannabe Halloween Disney parties start Aug 10th (I go a couple days later). Something is wrong when Halloween season starts earlier than Christmas season at Disney.

And what is up with the halfway to Halloween everywhere!! Granted the halfway to Christmas thing is pretty awful too.

It's been that way the past few years. I don't like Halloween either but not much you can do about it.

On the bright side, you should be there for food and wine.
I LOVE Halloween (I met my husband on 10/31/91), but I really, REALLY HATE that Disney starts the Halloween parties so early in the year. And that they cut into regular park hours to have them.

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
Halloween although not my most favorite of the holidays(if you can even call it that). Mine would be Thanksgiving actually. That time though at WDW is the best for the Food & Wine Festival, especially since I have become an adult and really can enjoy the Wine part of the experience.

Lilofan

I LOVE Halloween (I met my husband on 10/31/91), but I really, REALLY HATE that Disney starts the Halloween parties so early in the year. And that they cut into regular park hours to have them.
The Halloween Dine buffet with characters at Hollywood and Vine at DHS is $60 per person. I've never been but I have no desire to spend that price for family to eat. Halloween the earlier WDW starts is surely a money maker for the company.

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
The Halloween Dine buffet with characters at Hollywood and Vine at DHS is $60 per person. I've never been but I have no desire to spend that price for family to eat. Halloween the earlier WDW starts is surely a money maker for the company.
That is extremely pricey. What is on that buffet? Do they have Filet Mignon and Lobster or the Buffet?

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
It's not buffet. It's a family style meal
I suppose it is all you can desire to have of a certain part of the meal at that price per person? I would hope they just don't bring out portions for one family to have one plate at $60 per person. I have never had a holiday special meal.

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
All you care to enjoy is how they are advertising.
Well if you are a big eater that could be worth it. I usually go with my mom to WDW and we are more on the light to moderate side eaters so I still don't know if we'd get the $60 worth. If we did somehow get that amount of food in us they would have to roll us out of the place.

wdwfan4ver

You are not the only one. This is something I had problems with for years with Disney. I stay at WDW in the past in last August to after Labor Day and I had to put with that. Just because people are willing to spend the money for the parties, it does not mean Disney should take advantage of it to the extreme they are doing. They now are starting the parties before my birthday in August. The month I was in born has a few things people think of like state fairs and family take one final trip before the next school year starts.

Halloween parties are not supposed to happen before October and especially not in August . This is a company that is money hungry and wants to take advantage of the demand to an extreme.

The Halloween Party starting dates seem to get earlier each year like they do with the Food & Festival. I wouldn't be shocked if the Halloween parties start before August at some point. The only way to stop this is the guests stop buying the tickets for the Halloween parties.

Last edited:

Drinker Bell

In the Parks
No
I totally agree, now grant it I know it is hot all year around in Florida, but in August it is really hot and to me that does not represent Halloween at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom