Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmascari

Yes. We went from this same mandate last spring to masks outdoors in public ALWAYS because compliance was absolutely non-existent outdoors (a skate park in our town had to be closed multiple times because the teenagers weren't masking and were hanging out shoulder-to-shoulder and cases were traced back to that group, as an example). We just changed back to 6' distance not very long ago (within a month). Our governor has thankfully been very nuanced in his approach to the virus and has set a timeline for easing restrictions and mandates, provided that we continue to do well with getting cases down and vaccination rates.
This is a good example of "Outside" that's not really "Outside". Not just some theoretical example we're making up to describe it.

They were "Outside", a scenario we all agree is super low to non existent risk.
However, they were in a "crowd". No idea how big the crowd was, but clearly there were at least a few people close enough that one could spill a drink on another.

They did contact tracing (yeah for infection tracing processes), and determined this is where the transmission happened.

They adjusted the rules based on the event occurring. Boo for everyone else who was "Outside" for real having the same restriction because the nuance wasn't being respected and someone didn't adjust as they crossed the transition dooming it for everyone.

Which reinforces that understanding the nuances and details helps with individual decisions but isn't good for broad based guidelines and why the guidelines are looking at the worst scenario. I'm sure someone was thinking "you said outside was safe and my kid got infected outside, why did you lie to me 😡 ". Never mind whatever was actually being done.

Trauma

Don't get me started.
Why not? I have been attacked all year by these people telling me covid is a hoax, I’m and idiot blah blah. 530k deaths later they where wrong.

It’s time to call out people who won’t get vaccinated for what they are COWARDS

Just talk to someone who won’t get vaccinated.

They are like a fish out of water, from one excuse to another, about how their friend on Facebooks uncles pet turtle got vaccinated and died of cancer.

It’s all a game to them. They have to desperately grasp at straws to justify the fact they are a grownup scared of a shot that takes 3 seconds.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That’s a heck of a comeback 👍👍👍. I might see you guys at WDW this August if the pace holds up 🥳🥳🥳
Issue still is...at least for Ontario, if you get your first shot this month, second appointment isn't until August (and not all adults are eligible yet). That's a heck of a gap...supply still being a problem. They are also going to mix vaccine types it seems...

Slowly improving though after a horrible start.

ImperfectPixie

This is a good example of "Outside" that's not really "Outside". Not just some theoretical example we're making up to describe it.

They were "Outside", a scenario we all agree is super low to non existent risk.
However, they were in a "crowd". No idea how big the crowd was, but clearly there were at least a few people close enough that one could spill a drink on another.

They did contact tracing (yeah for infection tracing processes), and determined this is where the transmission happened.

They adjusted the rules based on the event occurring. Boo for everyone else who was "Outside" for real having the same restriction because the nuance wasn't being respected and someone didn't adjust as they crossed the transition dooming it for everyone.

Which reinforces that understanding the nuances and details helps with individual decisions but isn't good for broad based guidelines and why the guidelines are looking at the worst scenario. I'm sure someone was thinking "you said outside was safe and my kid got infected outside, why did you lie to me 😡 ". Never mind whatever was actually being done.
Yup. The SAME park has been re-closed multiple times because the same group of 10-20 kids (it varies depending upon the day) just WOULD NOT follow the rules, and their parents have been encouraging their behavior. They also completely destroyed a sign put up by the town that clearly explained the mask rule...so the town then put one of those changeable highway signs right next to the park.

ImperfectPixie

Why not? I have been attacked all year by these people telling me covid is a hoax, I’m and idiot blah blah. 530k deaths later they where wrong.

It’s time to call out people who won’t get vaccinated for what they are COWARDS

Just talk to someone who won’t get vaccinated.

They are like a fish out of water, from one excuse to another, about how their friend on Facebooks uncles pet turtle got vaccinated and died of cancer.

It’s all a game to them. They have to desperately grasp at straws to justify the fact they are a grownup scared of a shot that takes 3 seconds.
Not because I wanted to attack you - because I agree with you.

If I see one more semi-old dude or gal pretending that they aren't aware that their mask is so loose that I can see their entire mouth (and you KNOW just by looking at them that they don't want to get the shot)...or one more person creeping up behind me in a grocery store line...

Animaniac93-98

Issue still is...at least for Ontario, if you get your first shot this month, second appointment isn't until August (and not all adults are eligible yet). That's a heck of a gap...supply still being a problem. They are also going to mix vaccine types it seems...

Slowly improving though after a horrible start.

Canada is now getting over 2 million doses a week, and the expectation is that the four month gap would be shortened with more supply.

Here's hoping that's what happens.

DisneyFan32

In the Parks
Yes
5 cases announced by Yankees coaches tonight. At least one is a “breakthrough.” A pretty sobering take by a star player. Keep getting vaccinated so we can get through it as soon as possible.

I don't want for a few years for more outbreaks. We want the pandemic and outbreaks over soon enough as people are vaccinated....:mad:

Animaniac93-98

Yes. I really hope so! Although this AZ halt just announced isn't going to help get does into arms...gotta keep the other 2 flowing I guess.

More Pfizer was ordered a few weeks ago to compensate for Moderna consistently missing their shipment targets.

If AZ is stopped, I'm sure more of some other brand will be ordered. 4 different vaccines have been approved so far.

sullyinMT

Canada is now getting over 2 million doses a week, and the expectation is that the four month gap would be shortened with more supply.

Here's hoping that's what happens.
I mean, it would stink for the people still waiting, but if y’all hit 55% or more in short order why not start redistributing second shots and completing courses faster? That seems to be the big time inflection of cases in Israel. I do like that you’re showing a demonstrated demand.

Animaniac93-98

I mean, it would stink for the people still waiting, but if y’all hit 55% or more in short order why not start redistributing second shots and completing courses faster? That seems to be the big time inflection of cases in Israel. I do like that you’re showing a demonstrated demand.

Demand is here for sure.

I expect 2nd doses to ramp up in June if teens are still not allowed to get their first.

Chomama

Easy now... you might trigger a COVID bro with these facts.
On a more serious note I find it ironic that those that say “follow the science” are so against dropping mask requirements outdoors where COVID transmission is proven to be basically non existent.
I’m as Covid careful as they come but have been willing to change positions based on new information. That’s what science requires of us. It’s time to ditch the masks in all areas with high vax rates and everywhere outside. It’s silly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom