News Disney mask policy at Walt Disney World theme parks

Status
Not open for further replies.

correcaminos

Some states aren’t playing and are already vaccinating down to age 12. I say, “good.” They sat on the 12-15 data too long, as it was.

A more responsive CDC loosening restrictions now would be more-trusted if they ever decide to reinstate those restrictions. “Following the science” requires...following it.
My state is saying Weds still. I might book an appointment for tomorrow and another Thursday and then hopefully get them to agree to a day or two early so we can give a day or so for any soreness etc before we go.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I think a lot of the problem right now is psychological. Many people
developed a dependency on masks especially those with pre-existing anxiety. I've seen people wearing them in their cars, walking around deserted paths, etc. I sympathize with that and resent the media for creating a habit of thinking it's going to infect you in every setting. I think it's reasonable to walk it back slowly and we need to hear from the task force more about why it's okay to relax these measures. Reassurance.
In cars I can easily understand if going short distances going from A to B. We live a short distance from where dh works it's easier to put it on before driving than pull off to the side of the road before heading in. If I'm going between places it's easier to just leave it on for a couple of blocks

RoyWalley

I think a lot of the problem right now is psychological. Many people
developed a dependency on masks especially those with pre-existing anxiety. I've seen people wearing them in their cars, walking around deserted paths, etc. I sympathize with that and resent the media for creating a habit of thinking it's going to infect you in every setting. I think it's reasonable to walk it back slowly and we need to hear from the task force more about why it's okay to relax these measures. Reassurance.
This 100%, you can almost bet once WDW says no more masks are required, many will still wear them because of their anxiety.

HairyChest

Chapek the CEO will get questioned this Thursday during company quarterly earnings call with Wall Street regarding this matter.
If he gets questioned about it I can see him saying something like “We will continue to evaluate our safety restrictions with guidance from CDC and when appropriate update our policy”. I doubt he would announce and say something like “we will be easing our mask restrictions starting june...”

Lilofan

If he gets questioned about it I can see him saying something like “We will continue to evaluate our safety restrictions with guidance from CDC and when appropriate update our policy”. I doubt he would announce and say something like “we will be easing our mask restrictions starting june...”
These guys can skillfully answer a question without really answering what the one asking the question wants to hear in terms of a date/time.

Parker in NYC

And I am a stubborn adult who has seen this work in practice at real and large parks and zoos. I feel those arguing for it are afraid to follow the science of no masks ourdoors at this point tbh.
Fine. I give up. I’ll drop my arguments regarding everything COVID on this and all other threads. I’ll let Disney continue to do an exemplary job of handling things, unlike the individuals on this board who moved to reopen the parks two weeks after closing.

I’m really done arguing about all of this.

correcaminos

Fine. I give up. I’ll drop my arguments regarding everything COVID on this and all other threads. I’ll let Disney continue to do an exemplary job of handling things, unlike the individuals on this board who moved to reopen the parks two weeks after closing.

I’m really done arguing about all of this.
Um, did I miss something? I find one argument invalid and repeated often and you react like this? Honestly I just don't get it. Those who argue for this cannot show me where it hasn't worked.

One argument shouldn't keep anyone out of all covid discussions...

Parker in NYC

danv3

I've thought about this and I think the answer is no. Parks each now have their own stuff going on.
I agree. Things are already different in the two resorts, and state laws/EOs vary. There's no reason WDW and DLR need to be treated exactly the same.

correcaminos

I agree. Things are already different in the two resorts, and state laws/EOs vary. There's no reason WDW and DLR need to be treated exactly the same.
Yep. Also look globally. Each has to be treated separately

Post in thread 'Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion'
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...-world-general-discussion.963478/post-9799173
We can agree to disagree. I just have seen it work and thrilled my zoo dropped it again.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
The question is would Disney wait to ease mask policy for both Disneyworld and Disneyland at the same time

I don't see any reason why they would wait. The two resorts are currently operating under different mitigation standards, I don't see why things would be different with masks.

MagicHappens1971

I don't see any reason why they would wait. The two resorts are currently operating under different mitigation standards, I don't see why things would be different with masks.
I’d have to agree with this one, I don’t think any decisions made about distancing, masks and anything else will be done at the exact same time. The resorts are operating on two completely different coasts and different states.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom