Trip Report **COMPLETED** - Should we go, or should we postpone? We made it to WDW!

Hello everyone!!

It has been awhile since I have posted a thread. In fact, the last one I posted was one year ago and it was a pre-trip report for our first Disney cruise that would later be cancelled. We began planning for this trip, not knowing what the future would hold. I have to say, that the months leading up to this trip, I began wondering if it was meant to be. A few months ago, my husband and I both came down with the dreaded virus. It took us a full two weeks to really get over it. I was worried about our son, but he never showed any signs, but of course had to quarantine with us. Then a couple weeks later, they had a break out of the stomach virus at his school. He recovered, then after 3 days back in school, he caught it again! I went back and forth with cancelling because I didn't want him to miss anymore school, but he worked really hard to catch up and his teachers have been very supportive. With that being said, we were all healthy again, so off to WDW we went!! I'm happy to share our trip with you all and hope that you all enjoy. We had a fantastic time!

Dates: Friday, April 23rd - Saturday, May 1st
Where: Disney's Yacht Club Resort
Who: Me (Heather), my DH (Josh) and my DS (Cam)

IMG_3343.JPG

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Finally, I got the text that our table was ready. We had our temps checked and led to the back of the restaurant. This was our very first time here and I loved all of the bright colors! Mickey was in the room when we walked in.
IMG_3457.jpg

Josh is highly allergic to strawberries. I usually do not check allergy in the app unless it's breakfast because a lot of times we've been to breakfast places where they will even put a strawberry as a garnish. With this being a family style meal, I wanted to make sure we knew what had strawberries. They sent a chef to the table who told us about the strawberry bread and yogurt. They bring the basket of bread with the cinnamon fritters and asked if he wanted some fritters on the side, but he did not, so it was all of Cam and I. :hungry:

Cam really like the fritters and was enjoying them when Donald came in. I found them a tad bit dry, but they had good flavor. The strawberry bread was WEIRD. And so glad I brought up strawberries b/c I honestly wouldn't have known it was strawberry bread.

IMG_3459.jpg

IMG_3458.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

Next, they brought our feast.
IMG_3461.jpg

IMG_3462.jpg

My plate.
IMG_3463.jpg

The food was hot and fresh. I think the potatoes was my favorite thing and surprised how much I like the brisket.

Minnie was the best dancer.
IMG_3468.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Once we finished up our food, our server brought us over some champagne glasses with a smoothie mixture for our anniversary. He had forgotten about the strawberry allergy. I asked if it was strawberry and he freaked out. He couldn't believe he'd forgotten and made a funny joke about life insurance. Josh wouldn't have even chanced it anyway with it being red, so we got a chuckle out of it.
IMG_3470.jpg

He brought him a new glass with just the vanilla smoothie mix and gave Cam the other one in a paper cup. He gave the sweetest toast for us. Cheers!
IMG_3472.jpg

We also were given this cupcake.
IMG_3471.jpg

Cam wanted Pluto to see his mask so he put it back on to show him.
IMG_3474.jpg

Hey Mickey! Look at my shirt!
IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

We had a great experience at Chef Mickey's. I'm really not a big buffet person so I enjoyed the family style dining. The characters are also great. They make sure to show each child attention and stop and pose for you. I'd give it a thumbs up!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
After breakfast, we went down to the bus stop and took the bus to Animal Kingdom, where we then had to transfer to Blizzard Beach. Josh has been asking about the waterparks since his first trip, which was our honeymoon. When Blizzard Beach opened back up, I decided to add it to our package since Cam was now old enough to really enjoy it. I wish I had more pictures, but we had so much fun that I didn't touch my phone the entire time we were there. Our first slide was the family raft ride, after that Cam had the courage to hop on the big slides. We spent time in the wave pool, watched Daddy go down Summit Plummet and Slush Gusher and we all raced down the racing slides. One story that I do have is we went down Snow Stormers and right after Cam wanted to go back down. I decided to sit the next one out and Josh and Cam went back up while I waited at the bottom. Cam came out and was slowly making his way to the steps when the next girl comes flying out and she goes underwater and starts struggling. My heart was pounding as the lifeguard blew the whistle and jumped in to save her. She pops up smiling and I was able to breathe again. I turn around and there are handful of cast members standing behind me and one was holding a sign that said Lifeguard Testing (or something similar) so it was all just a test! They apologized for giving me a scare. :hilarious: We had some ice cream and changed back into some dry clothes before leaving. I snapped these on the way out. The only two I got from Blizzard Beach. I also should add the weather was soooo nice. It wasn't really hot and just perfect.

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

Cute Mickey Bus to take us back.
IMG_3481.jpg

We relaxed a bit in the room and all got showers and ready for dinner at Disney Springs. We would be trying Boathouse for the first time and I was so excited.
IMG_3482.JPG

DS was slammed! I mean wall to wall crowds of people. We made a straight shot to the Boathouse and was seated immediately. They brought us some of these honey rolls that were literally melt in your mouth good. There may or may not be two missing from this picture.
IMG_3483.jpg

I got myself the famous Duck Duck Razz. It was worth the hype and if you aren't a big drinker like me, you only need one! It was a bit on the strong side.
IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

We had a lovely table by the window where we watched a few amphicars go by.
IMG_3486.jpg

IMG_3487.jpg

IMG_3488.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I got the filet sliders with truffle fries. This was my favorite meal of the trip.
IMG_3489.jpg

Cam got...surprise a cheeseburger, BUT this one was upgraded with bacon.
IMG_3490.jpg

Josh got a steak with crabmeat on top and a side of mac-n-cheese. He said it was very good. Mac was just ok.
IMG_3491.jpg

IMG_3492.jpg

Happy and full :inlove:
IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3494.jpg

IMG_3495.jpg

I loved the Boathouse and will definitely be back. I loved the laid back feel and the food was excellent, service was great!
We tried to walk around a bit, but it was just way too crowded and there were long lines to get in every store, so we called it a night. Another great day in the books.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I’m with you on the strawberry bread....WEIRD.

Woody and I were at DS the same night as you, but probably earlier. We did not find the crowds between 5:30-7:30 to be bad at all.

We may have passed you on the way in. We were arriving close to when you were leaving. The crowds were much more crowded when we left versus when we arrived, but I think that is due to the parks closing earlier. I also think maybe seeing all of the long lines to get in places makes it look more crowded to me. That's something I wasn't used to seeing yet. I grew accustomed to it over the week though. :joyfull:

cgersic

The pictures of Cam at breakfast brought tears to my eyes!! So great to see the characters' fun interactions through the photos. The Boathouse makes strong drinks period, but so tasty! Your food pics made my stomach growl.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
The pictures of Cam at breakfast brought tears to my eyes!! So great to see the characters' fun interactions through the photos. The Boathouse makes strong drinks period, but so tasty! Your food pics made my stomach growl.

It truly was a great experience. I feel like they've done such a good job with it. As I said before, this was our first and only time we've ever been to Chef Mickey's so I can't really compare then to now, but what we experienced was so much fun.

My stomach was growling after I posted them. What I would give to have those Boathouse sliders right now.
Instead it's grocery store sushi and fruit bowl for lunch.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
I hope everyone had a lovely Mother's Day weekend.
Happy Mothers Day GIF by Fleischer Studios

Tuesday, April 27th

We were up and at it with the early birds to head to Animal Kingdom. AK is one of our favorites so we were really excited. We were on the first AK bus that arrived at the Yacht Club with one other family.
IMG_3498 (1).jpg

IMG_3499 (1).jpg

I wasn't fully awake yet, so I didn't take many pictures. :joyfull: But we went straight to Flight of Passage. We were on and off in no time. I didn't know how Cam would do, but he LOVED it and it's now his new favorite ride at Disney.
IMG_3500.jpg

We hopped over and rode Navi River before stopping at Pongu Pongu for a bite to eat. I've been watching to try the Pongu Lumpia for awhile so I got that and the Night Blossom. I thought the Pongu Lumpia was just ok. I was expecting more pineapple, I think. It wasn't bad, just not what I was expecting. I loved the Night Blossom though. I will get this again. Cam loved it as well. He got the French Toast Sticks and Josh got the Sausage Egg and Cheese biscuit. Both were exactly like you'd expect. Just your basic breakfast items. We sat and enjoyed those for a few minutes.
IMG_3502.jpg

Afterwards, we made our way to the Safari. The line for this was a very interesting, winding turn all over the place. I don't even remember all of it, but I know part of it took us backstage briefly, then through the woods. I loved that you could hear animal noises or sounds of animals running by in the wooded area.

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3509.jpg

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
We had a great morning safari, other than the vinyl dividers. On the safari, it just made me feel very closed in because we were on one of the middle rows.
IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

IMG_3522.jpg

The elephants were very playful this morning. It was so cute!

Next up, we headed to Dinoland. We passed Everest with a short wait and I tried to convince Cam to go on, but he said he wasn't ready for it yet. Last trip, Everest traumatized him.

We got in line for Dinosaur first. We witnessed two guys making a Tik Tok video while in this line. That was entertaining. Our ride photo didn't show up for this one.
IMG_3524 (2).jpg

Cam asked if he could play some games. He walked around and decided the only one he wanted to do was the one where you shoot the water at the dot and try to beat the other participants to the top. I got him 3 tickets and he didn't win on his first two tries so he asked Josh to win for him on the 3rd time. Pressure was on but....

IMG_3529 (1).jpg

I don't remember if I mentioned it earlier, but Cam lost his magic band the night before. He saw the Orange Bird slap bracelet on the way out of Dinosaur, so we got that one for him. I thought that style was great since we wouldn't have to worry about it falling off or coming unsnapped.

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
Everyone meet "Nightfall". That's what he named his dinosaur. Of course, we had to take him for a spin!
IMG_3530 (1).jpg

We were getting hot and hungry so we decided to order from Restaurantosaurus. Sorry, I once again failed at the food photos. We got a nice table inside and enjoyed the AC. I got the Chicken Cobb Salad and I really enjoyed it way more than I even expected. It was very good. Josh got chicken and shrimp and Cam another cheeseburger. It was pretty good, decent food. We enjoyed sitting and chatting. We all came to an agreement that a mid-day break was needed. Since we wanted a break, we went and ahead and did Kali River Rapids so that if we got soaked, we were leaving anyway.
IMG_3531.jpg

Only my shoes really go soaked which of course was terrible walking back to the buses in, but could have been worse. The other crew in our raft got soaked. I squeaked all the way back to the resort and we picked up a snack before we went up to the room.
IMG_3533.jpg

IMG_3534.jpg

I really needed to do some laundry, so Cam and I headed to the quiet pool for a couple of hours while Josh napped.
IMG_3536.jpg

IMG_3539.jpg

Very nice and relaxing!

joshsprincess921

Original Poster
After our break, we headed back to AK for the evening. We stopped for some PP on the way in.
IMG_3550.jpg

IMG_3551.jpg

I checked the app and Flight of Passage was only a 30 minute wait so we headed there again.
IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

IMG_3547.jpg

Was able to snap a picture of this guy this time around.
IMG_3555.jpg

It was gorgeous evening at AK!
IMG_3556.jpg

We had a dinner reservation at Yak n Yeti and Cam decided he was going to do Everest so we went there first. As we walked from Flight of Passage on the trail to Africa, it felt like we were the only people in the park. I must have really been enjoying my AK day because pictures are scarce for this day. Our ride photo for Everest didn't who up either. Cam did much better this time around. He did say he felt whoozy LOL. Dinner was delicious. After dinner, we slowly made our way out.

IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3558.jpg

And that's a wrap on AK!

Disstevefan1

If it were me, I would at least tell them at Via Napoli about your experience. Especially since you started feeling it at the table. Most restaurants want to know just in case they have something that may be spoiling or cleaning needing to be done. So sorry about the experience - it's one of my favorites as well!
I agree. Any restaurant worth anything welcomes feedback, good or bad. I does look like to me in the photo, the left side looks to be cooked, where the right side looks to have needed more time in the oven.

Disstevefan1

A few days before our trip, we were discussing what we were most looking forward too. Other than spending time as a family, we each said 3 things we were most excited about. At the top of my husband's list sat Via Napoli. Y'all, he loves it. I know it can be hit or miss, but we've always had a good experience. But....today was the day where we saw the miss side of things. We always get the huge pizza because my husband can put down some pizza. Cam has to get his own because he can't have sauce.

Excited for his pizza:
View attachment 555003

It wasn't long before the big daddy arrived:
View attachment 555004

The first piece I ate was the corner piece and it was delicious, but as I moved onto the second piece it was sooo soggy to the point where it was like the dough was raw. It was impossible to hold and eat so I kind of tried to fold it and eat it like a calzone, but you know that feeling you get when you start getting grossed out by something and you just can't do it. I really did feel like I was eating raw, greasy dough, then my stomach started cramping and I just couldn't do it. So out of this entire thing I ate a corner piece and a bite from another. Josh pushed through and ate more, but we still had more than half the pizza left over.

The pizza wasn't sitting right with me so we decided to go back to the resort. We took a little rest in the room and decided to go down for an evening swim. The water was sooo cold!
View attachment 555005
View attachment 555006

Josh and I were sitting in the chairs and he was telling me that his stomach was now hurting so we decided to go back to the room. After an hour or so, mine finally started to ease up and we went to sleep. Josh on the other hand was up all night. I won't go into details to gross anyone out, but let's just say he had a rough night. He claims he got food poisoning, but I don't know. I had an upset stomach too, but I didn't eat as much and I didn't get violently ill from it either. He was only sick overnight, and I would think food poisoning would last longer, but I'm not an expert. He felt better in the morning, just very exhausted from the night
Monday, April 26th

It felt so good to sleep in. We had a late breakfast reservation, so we took our times getting ready and it was so nice. Even with sleeping in and taking our times, we were still ready a bit too early, so we decided to head out and start making our way there. We caught a private bus to Magic Kingdom.
View attachment 555404

View attachment 555403

We then decided to take a loop on the monorail for funzies!

He's ALIVE! Over 24 hours symptom free and ready to EAT! He was starving but was saving room for breakfast (which by the time we sat down to eat, it was more like brunch).
View attachment 555405
View attachment 555406

We got to our first stop at the Contemporary and Cam tells me he needs to use the restroom, soooo full loop on the monorail ended there. :hilarious: But that's ok because we perused the gift shops for awhile and we made a couple purchases before checking in for our reservation. We found a table to wait and Cam opened up his Gaurdian's of the Galaxy Wishables. The first one he opened was Drax but he really wanted Groot.

View attachment 555407
View attachment 555408
View attachment 555409
YES!!

This was the only reservation of the trip where we actually had a wait. So definitely not mad about that, plus they were fairly busy. What do we do while we wait and wait? Have a photoshoot, of course!
View attachment 555410

View attachment 555411
Glad Josh is feeling better. Josh has now joined an elite group of good ol’ WDW food poisoning survivors!

Ah life is getting back to normal; Skyliner crashes, mobbed theme parks and some good ol’ WDW food poisoning 😉👍

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom