Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

FormerMember

But we haven't had enough time for even all adults who want one to be fully vaccinated. As I said above, I got my first shot one day after I was eligible and I am still 2 1/2 weeks from being fully vaccinated
Ok. Compromise, even though half the country has no restriction anyway...

In one month, all restrictions are lifted. All. Including masks. By then, anyone who wants a Vax will have one.

FormerMember

Yes. They’re highly effective and safe, but some people are still concerned for their health because too many people won’t get the vaccine, hence the need for restrictions until certain thresholds are hit.

Just because a vaccine exists doesn’t mean it’s time to open everything up.

The nuance in the argument about keeping restrictions in place isn’t tough to find.
Your irrational fear isn’t reason to keep these restrictions in place.

lazyboy97o

There is Zero evidence of a virus ever mutating to become more virulent.
SARS-CoV-2 is an example of a virus mutating into something more virulent. It was something else that mutated into something that can infect humans. The flu fluctuates in how bad it is each year because of mutations that make it more virulent or less virulent. HIV would mutate within a person such that treatments stopped being effective. The whole origins of vaccines, variolation, came from the recognition that there were more and less severe strains of smallpox.
The CDC basically has said that vaccinated people don't need to wear masks. From the CDC web site:

If you’ve been fully vaccinated:

• You can gather indoors with fully vaccinated people without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart.
The problem is, there aren't a lot of situations where you can guaranteed you are only around other vaccinated people.
My understanding is that the idea is that it change to include everywhere and businesses change their policies to “Masks for unvaccinated only.”

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ok. Compromise, even though half the country has no restriction anyway...

In one month, all restrictions are lifted. All. Including masks. By then, anyone who wants a Vax will have one.
Just set a vaccine percentage similar to Orange County. Once you hit the number you are done. If we set a national goal of 70% of adults with at least 1 shot that gives us a real target to shoot for. It isn’t enforceable since the restrictions aren’t at the Federal level, but a symbolic gesture.

FormerMember

Just set a vaccine percentage similar to Orange County. Once you hit the number you are done. If we set a national goal of 70% of adults with at least 1 shot that gives us a real target to shoot for. It isn’t enforceable since the restrictions aren’t at the Federal level, but a symbolic gesture.
No. Why should me and you be punished because some folks don’t want to be vaxxed. That’s their choice. The vaccine works. In a month anyone who wants one will have had one.

Polkadotdress

OMG ya'll...I read thru 78 pages today and am CAUGHT UP! Glad that I didn't miss too much, other than the standard subjects. Was hoping for a good side-tangent about a random topic, like hot dogs in Chicago, or something...

These last few pages have been a doozy! Some of you all may recall was very anxious at the beginning of this pandemic, and when the vaccines started to roll out, because I am immuno-suppressed. The "stay at home if you're at risk" crowd was disheartening. It seems that those some type people are surfacing again. And that wasn't an issue since I've been vaccinated for 2 months now. However...when I checked in with my doc this week (the one who oversees my immunosuppressing meds) he had a serious conversation with me that alarmed me, as he reminded me that I still need to be ultra diligent about being safe, EVEN THOUGH I'm vaccinated, as the jury is out as to how much the vaccine actually is working for me. I'm not in the 90% like you all.

So...the comments below are just terrible. And selfish. I am not fully protected. So all of the ranting and raving of loosening the restrictions because of "personal responsibility" just puts me right back in that category where I'm the one who's expendable?

Not cool.

You don’t know, you don’t worry about it. You are vaccinated.

edit to add, at some point you are going to have to make peace with this. Not everyone will be vaccinated.

If you’re vaccinated you shouldn’t be worried about who’s not. The vaccines work right? If they do then you’re protected. Nobody forced you to get the vaccine.......do you know that that is? PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY 🤷🏻‍♂️

Ok again if you’re vaccinated it doesn’t matter.

But my point is you should be able to return to normal. You’re vaccinated. It doesn’t matter who else is. You’ve protected yourself. Those that choose not to get vaccinated are only putting themselves at risk. And to be honest at this point if you don’t get vaccinated and get sever symptoms from Covid then it’s your own damn fault

How are they putting you at further risk if you’re vaccinated? You’re implying that the vaccines don’t work. Which is why a lot of people won’t get it.

If you’re vaccinated then they have very little impact on you.

Which brings me to my to my original point of.....if you go to Disney, a concert, etc. unvaccinated and you get a sever Covid illness it’s your own damn fault. If you infect others who didn’t get a vaccine then that’s their fault for not getting vaccinated as well. At some point we as a society need to realize that it’s available and there’s no reason to not get it. I’ve protected myself

What effect do they have? If people are dumb enough to not get a vaccine at this point then they’ll really only directly effect the people who aren’t vaccinated.
Again let it run it’s course

Irrelevant. I’m dealing in realities. Not fantasies. People who can’t be vaccinated are the same people who are always in danger. They need to look out for themselves. There is Zero evidence of a virus ever mutating to become more virulent. Try and relax, thanks to the miracle of modern medicine we beat this particular pandemic. Be grateful, be happy, be optimistic. It’s over for anyone who wants it to be over.

If the vaccine works, restrictions are based on even less then they were originally based on. If you believe the vaccine works, then there is no need for restrictions. Get the widely available Vax and you are safe.

btw....get the vaccine and you are safe.

FormerMember

SARS-CoV-2 is an example of a virus mutating into something more virulent. It was something else that mutated into something that can infect humans.
Source? If you’ve found the origin of Covid 19, sheesh are you about to be famous.
The flu fluctuates in how bad it is each year because of mutations that make it more virulent or less virulent.
No. Influenza and Coronaviruses are totally different. A mutation in a CoronaVirus is nothing like a new strain of influenza.

CatesMom

Same here.
Plenty of people who were diligent about getting vaccinated are still waiting for full protection to kick in. My work team met for socially distanced lunch in our (still closed) office on Friday. Of the ten of us, five reported that they hit the "fully vaccinated" threshold one day this week. We each jumped on the vaccine train as soon as possible, yet this was the first day that we were all vaccinated and could get together in person.

ImperfectPixie

No. Why should me and you be punished because some folks don’t want to be vaxxed. That’s their choice. The vaccine works. In a month anyone who wants one will have had one.
Because there's no way to enforce compliance for the unvaccinated. End of story. Not to mention that everyone 15 and under doesn't have access to the vaccines yet. Stop being so selfish and impatient.
A simple way to do it is vaccine passports. People who are vaccinated get into places like Disney, sporting events and cruises.
We can't. There are people who are making sure it's impossible for their own selfish reasons.

lazyboy97o

Source? If you’ve found the origin of Covid 19, sheesh are you about to be famous.
I don’t need to know what became SARS-CoV-2 to realize that it is something new. Something mutated so that it could infect humans.
No. Influenza and Coronaviruses are totally different. A mutation in a CoronaVirus is nothing like a new strain of influenza.
They’re both viruses. You claimed “There is Zero evidence of a virus ever mutating to become more virulent.” Influenza is a virus that mutates into being more virulent. Even if you were to claim coronaviruses don’t mutate to be more virulent the emergence of SARS-CoV-1, MERS-CoV and SARS-CoV-2 all disprove that claim.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Nobody is being punished. It’s simple, life goes back to normal when community spread drops low enough and stays down, we get to that level by getting enough people vaccinated, we don’t have enough people vaccinated yet. So we wait. It’s not a punishment it’s a pandemic.

corsairk09

That makes no sense. Telling people they no longer have to wear a mask anywhere once vaccinated will make it exceedingly difficult for a business to enforce a mask rule. People will show up and argue they no longer need a mask.
But why would a business continue to require masks once all of their employees have had the opportunity to be vaccinated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom