Spaceship in Spaceship Earth

pumpkin7

How weird, I've just been looking for old photos of 180 top on Google and its brought me back here! I am a member and have been for 11 years, since my honeymoon reignited my love of Disney. Unfortunately, most if not all of the pictures from the start of this ancient thread don't exist or work any more. Can they be found anywhere else? Funny that you guys only resurrected this thread a few days ago 😂

Figments Friend

Okay gang, i finally had some time tonight to get those April 1983 photos of mine digitized.

The fastest way i could get these up here for viewing was to just take snapshots of the original paper photo prints, with my iPad.
I am currently not able to devote the time to getting out my scanner and doing this the 'professional way'....so these will have to do for now.
But without further ado, here are just a few of several shots i snapped back during my first visit to EPCOT Center in April of 1983.

First, what ya'all have been waiting for -
@marni1971 , i know you in particular wanted to see these.

Original shot, and then below is a enlargement of the same image featuring the elusive 'spaceship in Spaceship Earth'..!

EPCOT Center - April 1983 5.jpg

And now said enlargement, showing more details in the dark.

Yes, i was naughty and used a flash cube ( remember those...? )

EPCOT Center - April 1983 6.jpg

Last edited:

Figments Friend

And keeping on topic, here are a few Spaceship Earth photos from the same roll of film that was shot on my first visit to EPCOT Center in April or 1983.

Let us start with this beauty -

EPCOT Center - April 1983 1.jpg

Next, a background view of the original entrance turnstiles.

EPCOT Center - April 1983 2.jpg

And now, some vintage signage directing you to the entrance restrooms and kennel area !

EPCOT Center - April 1983 3.jpg

And finally, here is a serene scene from April 1983.
I WANT to go and revisit THIS Park....
EPCOT Center was stunning.
Miss it dearly.

EPCOT Center - April 1983 4.jpg

That is all i will share for now, to stay on topic.
ENJOY !

:)

-

Dragonman

Wonderful photos, they came out great for being digitized with just an iPad.

I’d like to point out that the object in the first two photos is actually the smaller satellite which was outside the space station (this was actually one of the first things to be remembered/photos found in this thread) although the lady in the first photo would be looking at the station itself.

Figments Friend

Wonderful photos, they came out great for being digitized with just an iPad.

I’d like to point out that the object in the first two photos is actually the smaller satellite which was outside the space station (this was actually one of the first things to be remembered/photos found in this thread) although the lady in the first photo would be looking at the station itself.

Indeed, she was definitely looking up behind her to get a better view.

Hopefully these pix weren't a disappointment....for some reason I thought it was the satellite / astronaut that was of interest and not the space station itself.

-

Dragonman

Indeed, she was definitely looking up behind her to get a better view.

Hopefully these pix weren't a disappointment....for some reason I thought it was the satellite / astronaut that was of interest and not the space station itself.

-
Don’t worry, they definitely aren’t a disappointment. We’ve covered many things in this thread besides the space station so practically any original photos of the ride are welcome.

Wdwsince86

Are any of the photos from the dead links on the first couple (dozen) or so pages still around? I saw some of them that were reposted later, but the post said it was only a few? This subject fascinates me.

Expo_Seeker40

I can't imagine being the CM or contractor that was responsible in the 1994 SSE refurb for going through the hatch at the top of the window set, hitting the floor and coming face to face with an animatronic that had been sealed behind glass since 1982, only to then remove her costume....and skin....and leave her their as a metal skeleton with eyes and a mouth........

It's eerie knowing she's still up there behind the black paint that's all over the window structure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom