What wdw land needs to be totally reworked.

No Name

It doesn't have to be attached to an IP
653B6812-625A-4D6D-81C8-F92B9525A63A.jpeg

Kev1982

The Animation Courtyard. Bring in a new stage show based off of a more relevant IP, reinstate the Magic of Disney Animation, and blow out Playhouse Disney to create room to expand the promenade or even make a path to another land.
Always thought a show like “forest of enchantment” from DLP or “mickey and the magician” from WDSP would be great over there.

doctornick

Animation Courtyard has no purpose now that the Magic of Disney Animation's been turned into a Star Wars museum. I still think that they should bulldoze it and build Monstropolis.
IMHO they should build a “toontown” but with with the concept of where cartoon characters work (versus where they live in Anaheim). Love to see them bring over the Roger Rabbit ride to DHS, I think a new Mr Toad would be well received, and they can use Micky and friends for attractions or M&Gs. They’d have a lot of flexibility and would provide a good family friendly land plus a part of it can be connecting the area to the RNR courtyard to really improve the part layout/guest flow

Pepper's Ghost

I'm just gonna say, I don't understand all the votes for Tomorrowland. Remember, the question is "totally reworked". Any time Disney destroys a historic area and reworks it, they upset so many people. Do we really want them to eff up Space Mountain, the Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress, and Buzz Light Year? I think this area needs some TLC, but a complete rework is not in order.

Tron is already replacing the Speedway, so how much is really left? I'd say bring Alien Encounter back, refurb Peoplemover to make it more reliable and bring back the soundtrack/voice-over from 15 years ago, and we're good to go. 😁

Mickey5150

This maybe won't be the most popular opinion, but I would like to see more live animal exhibits in this area. Maybe add more reptiles and feature some birds, like from the ratite family, that demonstrate the bird-dinosaur connection. And maybe plant some more primeval-looking vegetation. The more shade, the better!
I like that idea and they could still use the idea of Chester and Hester. Instead of the cheap roadside amusement park to capitalize on the Dino discovery, someone opens a zoo to show modern dinosaur relatives.

Smiley/OCD

I'm just gonna say, I don't understand all the votes for Tomorrowland. Remember, the question is "totally reworked". Any time Disney destroys a historic area and reworks it, they upset so many people. Do we really want them to eff up Space Mountain, the Peoplemover, Carousel of Progress, and Buzz Light Year? I think this area needs some TLC, but a complete rework is not in order.

Tron is already replacing the Speedway, so how much is really left? I'd say bring Alien Encounter back, refurb Peoplemover to make it more reliable and bring back the soundtrack/voice-over from 15 years ago, and we're good to go. 😁
FYI, Tron is not replacing the Speedway...It's getting "shortened" reconfigured, but it is staying...I agree, with the advancements in technology today, totally revamping the land will make it outdated before it is ever completed.

Pepper's Ghost

FYI, Tron is not replacing the Speedway...It's getting "shortened" reconfigured, but it is staying...I agree, with the advancements in technology today, totally revamping the land will make it outdated before it is ever completed.
They're shortening the Speedway? I had no idea. Man... time to get rid of that thing. It takes up so much land, and it's a carnival ride. I get it's a kids' ride, and that's why it's staying. It just sucks. 😊

Marc Davis Fan

I can see why people aren't big on it. For adults, yeah I agree. But if you've got small kids, Boneyard is fantastic as are the Meet and Greet locations scattered about. So it isn't terrible. Not great either.

I think people often confuse "Dinoland" with "Dino-Rama."

Dinoland is the entire land that includes Dino-Rama, plus The Boneyard, plus DINOSAUR, plus the stores and restaurants.

Dino-Rama is the "roadside carnival on a parking lot" (a backstory that almost no visitors understand, thus making it seem like an actually-poorly-themed carnival in a Disney theme park), featuring the carnival ride(s) and games.

Dino-Rama was built when they urgently needed a capacity boost to an under-built park. Since EE and Pandora, that's no longer the case. Now, replacing Dino-Rama with practically anything - or even nothing at all, and just planting some trees and bushes - would be a net gain, allowing DAK to once again be beautiful in every part of every land, with an unparalleled unified aesthetic experience throughout the entire park.

That's my two cents, anyway.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I think people often confuse "Dinoland" with "Dino-Rama."

Dinoland is the entire land that includes Dino-Rama, plus The Boneyard, plus DINOSAUR, plus the stores and restaurants.

Dino-Rama is the "roadside carnival on a parking lot" (a backstory that almost no visitors understand, thus making it seem like an actually-poorly-themed carnival in a Disney theme park), featuring the carnival ride(s) and games.

Dino-Rama was built when they urgently needed a capacity boost to an under-built park. Since EE and Pandora, that's no longer the case. Now, replacing Dino-Rama with practically anything - or even nothing at all, and just planting some trees and bushes - would be a net gain, allowing DAK to once again be beautiful in every part of every land, with an unparalleled unified aesthetic experience throughout the entire park.

That's my two cents, anyway.

Okay

Smiley/OCD

Time for #5, but this time... chuck it. 😁
I agree it needs some SERIOUS rehab....like making the cars steerable enough so as to NOT keep hitting the center rail while driving??? and yes, (as much as I love that smell of gasoline), installing electric cars (hear that, GM & Tesla---GREAT sponsorship opportunity!!), it's a HUGE people eater in TL, and would be even more so if the updates would be done. My 2 DD's got their first experiences "driving" go-karts on the boardwalk at the Jersey shore, so I think it's a plus.

Club Cooloholic

The Animation Courtyard. Bring in a new stage show based off of a more relevant IP, reinstate the Magic of Disney Animation, and blow out Playhouse Disney to create room to expand the promenade or even make a path to another land.
Kids adored that Playhouse Disney show. Adults and and older kids may not ever see it but for the babies and up to the 7yr old crowd it is great, and they update it more often than any other stage show.
Honestly, I would like to see some updates or new shows rotated into some of the other theaters.

Chicken Guy

Kids adored that Playhouse Disney show. Adults and and older kids may not ever see it but for the babies and up to the 7yr old crowd it is great, and they update it more often than any other stage show.
Honestly, I would like to see some updates or new shows rotated into some of the other theaters.
Here’s a controversial opinion. From a personal standpoint, I enjoyed attractions like Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground, The Boneyard, and Playhouse Disney a ton when I was a young child. As a believer in Walt Disney’s vision, though, I think their existence directly conflicts with the idea of “a family park where parents and children could have fun- together.” Disney attractions should be accessible to all ages, and I don’t think Playhouse Disney accomplishes that goal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom