Disney After Hours BOO BASH

Dad 2 M & M

The After Hours were great at MK, AK, and even DHS...wish the DHS After Hours would have stayed....TDO could have made bank on that after Star Wars Land + RoR opened...

techgeek

To "manage expectations," it's better to think of this not as:
Halloween Party minus stuff,

but more like...

After hours event plus stuff.

I did, I see nothing other than free candy that they didn’t offer last year.

So, you saw this...
  • Halloween-themed cavalcades
  • Candy stops, with plenty of sweet surprises
  • Character sightings throughout the park
  • Special performances by the Cadaver Dans
  • Attractions, including favorites like Haunted Mansion and Space Mountain
  • Themed food and beverages available for purchase
  • Special décor, lighting, music and more!

In this post...

What other stuff were you expecting that isn't a comparison to the Party Night, which this isn't?

It's pretty close to what they offered last year during park hours for free.

This at the bottom.

It’s not a bad list for Covid-mitigation 2020 Halloween day guest tickets, but it’s nothing short of an embarrassment that the expected character appearances and a barbershop quartet are best entertainment they can come up with for top billing on ANY premium bill, no matter how you spin the name of it. (...no offense intended towards the talented Dapper Dans.)

This is the same company that put ‘repainted entrance arches’ on a list of reasons to visit this year. Amazing how strong that pixie dust has gotten.

hopemax

Look, crowds are anticipated to be substantial this October. This will basically be a way to buy yourself 10-minute waits for rides at night, something that is very difficult to achieve now. As it is, you can get on like 1 ride after sunset at MK.

Also take the time to appreciate that Disney is committing to not return to the pre-sunset MK closures of last year. Leaving MK at 6 pm was sad.
I'm not sure why people would expect 10 min waits. Where do people think all the people who used to be lining the parade route, filling the Hub for fireworks, camping out in the M&G lines are going to be when those things aren't going to be available? There's a reason the tip is "do attractions when the big entertainment is happening." During a party we would pretty much do only HM, Mine Train and BTMRR because people we were with would rather watch both parades, and camp out for good spaces. With this, we'd be in an attraction line with you.

cjack300zx

I wonder how many nights a week they will be doing this as the party’s were usually 3 nights a week and the after hours were more like once a week. I’ve been to both and enjoyed both at magic kingdom

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
ok so fewer tickets, less people and so no fireworks possible?
Fireworks is yet to be seen but I would say unlikely as far as an after hours only event. MVMCP and MNSSHP traditionally have character meet and greets, a parade, merchandise including pins, fireworks, and free treats specific to them. After hours parties may have themed treats for sale, shirts but not pins, and a stage show of some sort with characters.

ToTBellHop

Fireworks is yet to be seen but I would say unlikely as far as an after hours only event. MVMCP and MNSSHP traditionally have character meet and greets, a parade, merchandise including pins, fireworks, and free treats specific to them. After hours parties may have themed treats for sale, shirts but not pins, and a stage show of some sort with characters.
Fireworks were always before After Hours events.

Dad 2 M & M

really? Have you been?
Yes

you don’t recall your kind words/comments when I reported enjoying the Parties back in ‘19?

It’s tough to recollect just how bad it had gotten as far as the never ending crowds....the After Hours were the only way to go and not have to wait in line....

You might recall we were comped tickets for the 2nd ever Party as no one was going...many guests at Pop (seems like The Boardwalk too?) were given tics

**edit** Above response was sent from my Mobile......and it didn't differentiate/show the bolded.

In response to the bold, if you are saying TDO did make bank, I'd say TDO had the opportunity to FURTHER cash in on the New Land and could have charged a supreme premium for an After Hours post opening said New Land. Certainly wasn't suggesting TDO didn't capitalize......just they could have went further..

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom