Trip Report If At First You Don't Succeed...*COMPLETED*

Well we're trying again.

Easter week at WDW.

Not my favorite week to visit but when your travel buddy is a teacher, you make the sacrifice. Except this year it doesn't feel like a sacrifice. The loss of our Easter 2020 vacation (thanks to COVID) was harder than I expected. I’m excited to have the chance for a do-over!

Of course the plans we had in 2020 aren't the same for 2021. We'll have no Fastpasses to skip the long lines. There will be no turkey sammie for lunch at Be Our Guest or All-American Sundae from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor. No fireworks to conclude our Disney days. And we'll be staying at a different resort.

But that's all okay....there's still fun to be had! And thanks to the credit we received from last year's cancellation, most of our trip is already paid.

I have to give David's Vacation Club Rentals props. Eighteen months ago I'd signed a "no refunds" contract for our 2020 points rental, figuring it was a low-risk gamble. When the pandemic happened and WDW closed, we considered our monies lost ~ disappointing for sure, but understanding that was the result of the risk we took. After all, David's is a business which would also lose money from this pandemic. Legally they did not have to do anything for us. Yet I received a travel voucher for the full amount we paid.

I hope to report live on the adventures of Tuvalu and Em beginning next Sunday. Time will tell if I succeed. ;)

3D585BEC-14E4-4156-9423-5BCD6271BEF2.jpeg

(Must have been a Callan photo shoot. :hilarious:)

AKemily

Thanks so much for sharing. When we went with my father in law in 2018, he was not going around twice on BTMRR, even though he was doing a wheelchair transfer. It's cool to know now, he'd absolutely love the fact he'd get to go around twice. Unfortunately, he passed shortly after that trip!
Oh that's so interesting that they changed that! Did the cast members just bring it around then? My condolences on his passing - those Disney memories must be extra precious! 🥰

Tuvalu

Original Poster

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Both of my grandkids got their first haircut there. Hopefully it will reopen soon.
The Loud House Animation GIF by Nickelodeon

I was really happy that it's 46 degrees out an d sunny today, until I read your real time trip report. Thanks Tuvalu! I really am envious, but tomorrow it is 75 here in the north country, Whee!!!! Loving your trip report:)
!
Will Ferrell Lol GIF
I miss the sunshine.

Lots of rain....and rolling thunder....all day long.

Tomorrow’s forecast calls for the same. :(

So glad I broke my boards hiatus yesterday and was glad to catch up with your amazing visits today! I cannot wait for this to be where I am parked in 19 days...but who is counting? LOL!
I’m gonna be
Jealous GIF by Todd Rocheford

Hope you have a wonderful trip and thanks for reading!

The4mousekeeters

We didn’t get to check out Flower & Garden in World Showcase on Sunday, so that’s our mission now.

Woody comments how nice the fountains look with the Beauty and the Beast topiary behind it.

View attachment 553186
(Too bad I didn’t frame the shot better! :facepalm:)

He likes the spice garden in Morocco.

View attachment 553193

View attachment 553187

Even the trains are festive!

View attachment 553190

View attachment 553192
You framed it perfectly to get that hat in the shot! :joyfull:

Tuvalu

Original Poster

dizfan917

I've been MIA from the Forum since returning from our Brother's Trip in December and I have to say how wonderful it was to be able to come back and read your report and get excited about our next visit for my birthday in September!! Your insights are always entertaining and I love the fact that you guys are all "rule followers" (so are we!) and it's reassuring to read about other folks frustrations with the not-so-smart humans in the world. It's nice to know that we aren't alone. How hard IS IT to stand on that sign on the ground fergoodnisssakes?!

I'm SO excited for that Holiday Turkey Sammich at Earl's!! yeeeee-umm!!

Still waiting for our chance to grab a drink together sometime... maybe John Stamos could join us?! :oops::geek:

Thanks for taking me along on another great trip(s)!!

lindawdw

Woody needed to verify the authenticity of his new Tiki lamp.

View attachment 551916
I'm so glad that you decided to get the Tiki lamp after all!!! It looks great. :) I finally got a chance to catch up on some TR's since we got back from WDW and yours was first on the list!!! I can't get over how many attractions you were able to do on this trip. We found a lot of the lines too long for us to wait. So great that you got to see Kelli again and enjoy meeting up with magicians. I wish we could have made it work to meet up but I am going to be certain to make it happen when our dates overlap in the future!!! Your Poly pool pictures looks so relaxing. We did enjoy some pool time at the BWV's this trip too as there were quite a few hot days that made us slow down and enjoy the pool! Your dinner at LTT looked delish along with your HBD dinner. We ate at LTT last trip so we didn't add it to our rotation this time but we always include HBD as it's one of our favorites!

Last edited:

Tuvalu

Original Poster
Looking forward to 50 days. Are you going to do a live report too?
What are your dates in 50 days? June 19th to....? We will be there June 23-June30
Probably no live report next time. Live TR-ing is hard (and takes my attention away from my travel buddy!) We'll be there until the 26th.

You framed it perfectly to get that hat in the shot! :joyfull:
mexican hat dancing GIF by RPA_Advertising

I am really missing Disney so your TR brought the touch of magic that I needed. So happy the Peoplemover is open again. 4 rides on it is awesome! Counting the days til your next adventure!
Thanks for being a faithful reader, Lisa. I hope you can begin planning your next trip soon!

I hope my niece behaved, she is/was there for the competition =D
Daisy Johnson Idk GIF by ABC Network

Tuvalu

Original Poster
I've been MIA from the Forum since returning from our Brother's Trip in December and I have to say how wonderful it was to be able to come back and read your report and get excited about our next visit for my birthday in September!! Your insights are always entertaining and I love the fact that you guys are all "rule followers" (so are we!) and it's reassuring to read about other folks frustrations with the not-so-smart humans in the world. It's nice to know that we aren't alone. How hard IS IT to stand on that sign on the ground fergoodnisssakes?!

I'm SO excited for that Holiday Turkey Sammich at Earl's!! yeeeee-umm!!

Still waiting for our chance to grab a drink together sometime... maybe John Stamos could join us?! :oops::geek:

Thanks for taking me along on another great trip(s)!!
Me when I saw you back:
Happy Bobs Burgers GIF

Non-rule followers/not-so-smart humans:
Mario Lopez Football GIF

A drink with you and John Stamos?
full house 90s GIF

I'm so glad that you decided to get the Tiki lamp after all!!! It looks great. :) I finally got a chance to catch up on some TR's since we got back from WDW and yours was first on the list!!! I can't get over how many attractions you were able to do on this trip. We found a lot of the lines too long for us to wait. So great that you got to see Kelli again and enjoy meeting up with magicians. I wish we could have made it work to meet up but I am going to be certain to make it happen when our dates overlap in the future!!! Your Poly pool pictures looks so relaxing. We did enjoy some pool time at the BWV's this trip too as there were quite a few hot days that made us slow down and enjoy the pool! Your dinner at LTT looked delish along with your HBD dinner. We ate at LTT last trip so we didn't add it to our rotation this time but we always include HBD as it's one of our favorites!
Sorry to hear you encountered such long lines, but yay for relaxing at the pool! I wish you could have joined the magician's meet, we all were looking forward to meeting you. :happy:

Did you get to eat at Brown Derby this trip?

lindawdw

Me when I saw you back:
Happy Bobs Burgers GIF

Non-rule followers/not-so-smart humans:
Mario Lopez Football GIF

A drink with you and John Stamos?
full house 90s GIF

Sorry to hear you encountered such long lines, but yay for relaxing at the pool! I wish you could have joined the magician's meet, we all were looking forward to meeting you. :happy:

Did you get to eat at Brown Derby this trip?
We did eat at the Brown Derby our last night in WDW and had a wonderful meal as always! I wish I could have met up at the magician meet too but hopefully we'll make it happen again on a future trip. 🥰

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom