Disney After Hours BOO BASH

bpiper

Okay, I'm in for $79. I think it'll start at the exact same prices and if they can sell the tickets, this will be the new Halloween event. At $79 a ticket and the reduced operations costs, this event will be more profitable than the old one. There's no going back.

dreday3

In 2019, MNSSHP started at $79 and I believe went up to $135 for Halloween Night.

Okay, I'm in for $79. I think it'll start at the exact same prices and if they can sell the tickets, this will be the new Halloween event. At $79 a ticket and the reduced operations costs, this event will be more profitable than the old one. There's no going back.

I looked it up and the after hour events actually started at $129. Weirdly, the parties were cheaper...

I sadly agree these will start at around at least $129. For two of us that's about $260...I'll have to think on that. Low crowds is a plus, but I'm not yet convinced October will be packed like the holidays as people are predicting.

ToTBellHop

I looked it up and the after hour events actually started at $129. Weirdly, the parties were cheaper...

I sadly agree these will start at around at least $129. For two of us that's about $260...I'll have to think on that. Low crowds is a plus, but I'm not yet convinced October will be packed like the holidays as people are predicting.
Parties were cheaper because they had MANY more people.

Touchdown

Those were vanilla DAH with no entertainment, VAH was $145.

Jrb1979

I agree especially since the unemployment rate hasn't dropped as much as hoped

Chip Chipperson

I wonder if the After Hours events had lower capacity. I don't know that they did, but higher prices and lower capacity would be a good way to manage wait times on the rides without the added entertainment options the parties have. While some people view the After Hours events as worse than the parties, there are others who just want low crowds and short lines for rides and are happy to pay for it. I've always been reluctant to pay for those because I have an AP and as a DVC member have been able to attend DVC Moonlight Magic events for free, but as it seems like the capacity for the parties has increased I'm seeing less value in them when I'm paying $100+ and wait times are creeping higher and higher for the best rides.

edit: MansionButler84 posted before I could hit Submit on my post, so I guess capacity is indeed higher for the parties. Hopefully these After Hours Halloween (and hopefully Christmas) events have capacity closer to the standard After Hours events.

dreday3

I wonder if the After Hours events had lower capacity. I don't know that they did, but higher prices and lower capacity would be a good way to manage wait times on the rides without the added entertainment options the parties have. While some people view the After Hours events as worse than the parties, there are others who just want low crowds and short lines for rides and are happy to pay for it. I've always been reluctant to pay for those because I have an AP and as a DVC member have been able to attend DVC Moonlight Magic events for free, but as it seems like the capacity for the parties has increased I'm seeing less value in them when I'm paying $100+ and wait times are creeping higher and higher for the best rides.

I would just be more willing to pay that much for after hours at AK or DHS over MK.

dreday3

If Disney ever did a DAH at DHS and made Rise no boarding groups, that is the one way I would pay for one of these, do a lap or two on Rise, then hit Slinky, Mickey, TSMM, RnRC and end my night with an epic marathon on Tot would be great.
Yeah.

And AK is my favorite park so I would absolutely pay to be able to wander it practically alone at night.

tanc

If not many people attend the event and it's similar to older MNSSHP when the rides were literally walk on (at least splash mountain and pirates was in October 2014) then I wouldn't mind paying it. I mostly go to these events for reduced ride times already.

Touchdown

Yeah.

And AK is my favorite park so I would absolutely pay to be able to wander it practically alone at night.
They had DAH at AK, I never paid for it but I did piggyback on it, one night I was there during the event and after my last ride on FOP, I walked back to the hub and the TOL awakenings were still running. So I joined a small group sitting down by the tree and proceeded to watch it cycle for at least 30 min (enough to watch every show) and I got there at least 15 min after close. No one ever asked us to leave, and I suppose since we weren’t riding rides they didn’t care, was perhaps one of my best nights in AK.

Animaniac93-98

In 2019, MNSSHP started at $79 and I believe went up to $135 for Halloween Night.

Those were vanilla DAH with no entertainment, VAH was $145.

Even with the expected cuts, I was willing to pay MNSSHP prices to do this, especially if it was under $100 before tax.

But branding it an "After Hours" party and charging those rates for fewer hours in the park? That means I'm less likely to go.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Just our family? Nope - no money. Hoping that we can get a REAL XMAS PTY - but betting we won't.
Predicting poor, or no, ticket sales :(.

Personal Opinion: As this is a ticketed event? What MIGHT have worked well, would be a full tilt event, restricted to those with proof of vaccination, similar to major sporting events in the US.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom