Disney After Hours BOO BASH

dreday3

Now they need to roll this out to other parks as some have mentioned. I'm all for these type tickets until APs return. Ultimately it depends on if they are priced fairly.

Yes.

AK can call it Let's Get Wild! AK after-hours.
DHS can call it The Stars at Night! (get it? stars?) DHS after-hours.

(a spiffy name will make it more exciting for us! 😂)

jt04

Yes.

AK can call it Let's Get Wild! AK after-hours.
DHS can call it The Stars at Night! (get it? stars?) DHS after-hours.

(a spiffy name will make it more exciting for us! 😂)

Marketing RotR and GE at night would suffice. (Imagine each guest gets one boarding time for RotR)

Pandora and DAK wouldn't even need to be marketed.

MissViv

I have reservations for the last week in October and I am excited about this announcement. Will probably buy tickets and hoping for fireworks. I am okay with it being an after hours event and less crowds. We do not have small children so not concerned with meet n greets.

Just the atmosphere at night will be great!

yonafunu

Very disappointed but keep in mind :

- Disney CAN'T tell the future. So of course they will not announced fireworks so far in advance (or everyone can ask refund because it was written there was a fireworks normally...)
- Disney CAN add some stuff (fireworks why not ?) if the covid will be gone and mask policies eased.

August is only three months from now. They had to make an annoucement about halloween, with the CURRENT covid situation. Maybe in two months, the things will be much better, and new annoucement will be made adding some exciting stuff, no ?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
The only thing that really surprises me is the decision to exclude fireworks—the rest is in line with what I was expecting. I’m not a huge fan of Not So Spooky so if they still show the 50th fireworks for all in October and ticket holders can stay late for rides, I am not terribly upset.

I get the company not wanting parties with 25k people and I guess they decided it isn’t reasonable to pay for the full entertainment package for less than 10k people.

What was that 25th MNSSHP logo?

Who said 25,000? 10,000?

??

Might be giving virtue/credit where it isn’t due here
Selling DVC membership/ownership does nothing to Disney's bottom line. The points have already been sold by Disney, they will still collect yearly dues. I just don't get the entire mindset of people who think selling their DVC points have any impact on Disney.

selling DVC...like selling park tickets and hotel rooms...is designed as a way to encourage the ancillary, much higher profit stuff. It’s a gateway drug.

selling DVC won’t hurt them...but losing someone that had gone 3x a year and spends on food, drink and crap to the tune of $2000-$5000 a week and replacing them with one who goes once for Christmas cause they’re trained to be “linear”....would ultimately hurt in numbers

jt04

You mean what used to be included?

They used to include lower crowd levels but those days are gone. This seems to me to be a reasonable replacement. And that it occurs after 9:00 essentially, means it doesn't impact day guests much. It is a nice extra choice IMO.

I can imagine many much cooler scenarios such as AP only evening events. Hopefully they have their best creatives blue skying such events. So many possibilities. Not to mention revenue streams they have yet to unleash. 💹💰

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Selling DVC membership/ownership does nothing to Disney's bottom line. The points have already been sold by Disney, they will still collect yearly dues. I just don't get the entire mindset of people who think selling their DVC points have any impact on Disney.
It's not because they want to send Disney a message... it's all about getting vacation value for the dollar. If the product keeps declining, what's the point in having a "free" hotel room to enjoy it from?

ToTBellHop

Who said 25,000? 10,000?

??

Might be giving virtue/credit where it isn’t due here

selling DVC...like selling park tickets and hotel rooms...is designed as a way to encourage the ancillary, much higher profit stuff. It’s a gateway drug.

selling DVC won’t hurt them...but losing someone that had gone 3x a year and spends on food, drink and crap to the tune of $2000-$5000 a week and replacing them with one who goes once for Christmas cause they’re trained to be “linear”....would ultimately hurt in numbers
I don’t know the numbers for After Hours events. I’d guess 5k to 10k. MNSSHP was allowing 25k. And it was getting dangerous.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
They used to include lower crowd levels but those days are gone. This seems to me to be a reasonable replacement. And that it occurs after 9:00 essentially, means it doesn't impact day guests much. It is a nice extra choice IMO.

I can imagine many much cooler scenarios such as AP only evening events. Hopefully they have their best creative's blue skying such events. So many possibilities. Not to mention revenue streams they have yet to unleash. 💹💰

In September of 2019, the only extremely crowded time we had in the parks was at the Halloween party. Huge lines. Huge wait times. Elbow to elbow with people trying to get across the park.

Anyone saying this party offering is so much less than before must not have gone in the past few years. The Halloween party lost it's value when they maxed out tickets sold, which was well before the pandemic.

We were already going to skip the Halloween party forever more, but if attendence is really low again, they can have my money again. Even without the parade (I'm still hoping for fireworks, lol)

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Very disappointed but keep in mind :

- Disney CAN'T tell the future. So of course they will not announced fireworks so far in advance (or everyone can ask refund because it was written there was a fireworks normally...)
- Disney CAN add some stuff (fireworks why not ?) if the covid will be gone and mask policies eased.

August is only three months from now. They had to make an annoucement about halloween, with the CURRENT covid situation. Maybe in two months, the things will be much better, and new annoucement will be made adding some exciting stuff, no ?
They could have given us a nugget of some kinda tho fireworks and parades will be determined at a later date

jt04

In September of 2019, the only extremely crowded time we had in the parks was at the Halloween party. Huge lines. Huge wait times. Elbow to elbow with people trying to get across the park.

Anyone saying this party offering is so much less than before must not have gone in the past few years. The Halloween party lost it's value when they maxed out tickets sold, which was well before the pandemic.

We were already going to skip the Halloween party forever more, but if attendence is really low again, they can have my money again. Even without the parade (I'm still hoping for fireworks, lol)

Agreed. Would rather see them limit sales with price hikes. Selling out events (limiting supply) is good marketing as Apple proves over and over.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom